edit: BIKEYS RETURN unlikely TO BE A CATALYST

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

edit: BIKEYS RETURN unlikely TO BE A CATALYST

by Skin » 04 Feb 2008 22:01

Bikey is looking good for Cameroon in the AFC. He didn't when he gave away a penalty in a previous game, and picked up a yellow in the next (although a clean sheet was kept), but tonight he's getting plenty of praise from the EuroSport commentators. Unfortunately for us they are winning, its no coincidence though Bikey has looked very confident and composed in defence at times.
He has improved with every game in the ACN, this can only be good for Reading.
So anyway when he comes back he could not only bring some much needed stability for us on the pitch,at the back, but also get the dressing room going again, not sure if he speaks much English but if hes buzzing after this tournament it might spark the rest into life and inject a bit of belief and passion. Fae the same. Right winger anybody?
This is a clutch at straws I know but I'm looking for something that can turn this shit around, I live in hope.
Last edited by Skin on 07 Feb 2008 22:41, edited 2 times in total.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BIKEYS RETURN COULD BE A CATALYST?!

by PEARCEY » 04 Feb 2008 22:03

PLAY ANDRE BIKEY .......................STEVE.............PLEASE...................

FWIW I agree with you Skin.

Skin
Hob Nob Regular

by Skin » 04 Feb 2008 22:08

LOL. Tunisia just scored.

Richi Royal

by Richi Royal » 04 Feb 2008 22:12

Yeh i think that is a good shout. I have always been a big fan of Bikeys, he is as strong as an ox sometimes to stong for his own good, and is comfortable with the ball. He has a great attitude, someone mentioned when sonko gave away a penalty against sunderland he kicked a water bottle and appeared to really care what was happening on the pitch even though he wasnt playing and that level of committment is rare from a player not playing.

He has been really impressive when he has come off the bench and in the cup....the problem seems to be he has never had a consistent run of games to build an undrstanding and build some momentum into his play. He may have this after the ACN which he could bring into the team.

i would certainly like to see him in the side when he returns....does anyone think he could do a job as an holding midfielder?? giving marek the licence to get forwards?

Skin
Hob Nob Regular

by Skin » 04 Feb 2008 22:15

Great Bikey header just cleared off the line from a corner...FFS Off one of his own players!

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 04 Feb 2008 22:16

Richi Royal Yeh i think that is a good shout. I have always been a big fan of Bikeys, he is as strong as an ox sometimes to stong for his own good, and is comfortable with the ball. He has a great attitude, someone mentioned when sonko gave away a penalty against sunderland he kicked a water bottle and appeared to really care what was happening on the pitch even though he wasnt playing and that level of committment is rare from a player not playing.

He has been really impressive when he has come off the bench and in the cup....the problem seems to be he has never had a consistent run of games to build an undrstanding and build some momentum into his play. He may have this after the ACN which he could bring into the team.

i would certainly like to see him in the side when he returns....does anyone think he could do a job as an holding midfielder?? giving marek the licence to get forwards?

Yes I do.....and that does not mean Harper has to be dropped to accommodate him. The management team have to think more radically about the team formation because 4-4-2 just isn't working at the moment.
Confidence is going to be low so someone like Bikey with his infectious enthusiasm is needed. He can play a bit as well but like you say he never gets a run and so doesn't get the understanding going with his team-mates. Give him a go Steve.

Cookie

by Cookie » 04 Feb 2008 22:20

Skin Bikey is looking good for Cameroon in the AFC. Unfortunately for us they are winning, its no coincidence though Bikey has looked very confident and composed in defence at times.
This is a clutch at straws I know but I'm looking for something that can turn this shit around, I live in hope.

The players around him are probably playing with confidence. :)
Last edited by Cookie on 04 Feb 2008 22:30, edited 1 time in total.

Skin
Hob Nob Regular

by Skin » 04 Feb 2008 22:27

Cookie
Skin Bikey is looking good for Cameroon in the AFC. Unfortunately for us they are winning, its no coincidence though Bikey has looked very confident and composed in defence at times.

The players around him are probably playing with confidence.

Thats right. We're hoping its infectious. Keep up.

Upper West Ginger

by Upper West Ginger » 04 Feb 2008 23:12

Cameroon beat Tunisia 3-2 after extra time, so we won't see Bikey back for a while yet.
Actually one of the Eurosport commentators was saying how Tunisia should be exploiting the Cameroon back line more, as they seemed to be a bit accident prone. Bikey had me laughing out loud on a couple of occasions, with typical 70 yard passes - which always gave away possession. He also lost possession around his own penalty area on a couple of occasions - he seemed far from assured to me.
I hope the experience does him good, and he comes back to Reading full of heart, and a little more experienced.
Bikey and Sonko - now how about that for a CB pairing?

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 04 Feb 2008 23:16

Upper West Ginger Bikey and Sonko - now how about that for a CB pairing?

Would be very P.C.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 04 Feb 2008 23:17

Upper West Ginger Cameroon beat Tunisia 3-2 after extra time, so we won't see Bikey back for a while yet.
Actually one of the Eurosport commentators was saying how Tunisia should be exploiting the Cameroon back line more, as they seemed to be a bit accident prone. Bikey had me laughing out loud on a couple of occasions, with typical 70 yard passes - which always gave away possession. He also lost possession around his own penalty area on a couple of occasions - he seemed far from assured to me.
I hope the experience does him good, and he comes back to Reading full of heart, and a little more experienced.
Bikey and Sonko - now how about that for a CB pairing?

Did you notice the bizarre two-footed somersault thing to clear the ball from a Tunisian attacker? Nearly decapitated the guy.

Skin
Hob Nob Regular

by Skin » 04 Feb 2008 23:26

[quote="Upper West Ginger"]Cameroon beat Tunisia 3-2 after extra time, so we won't see Bikey back for a while yet.
Actually one of the Eurosport commentators was saying how Tunisia should be exploiting the Cameroon back line more, as they seemed to be a bit accident prone. Bikey had me laughing out loud on a couple of occasions, with typical 70 yard passes - which always gave away possession. He also lost possession around his own penalty area on a couple of occasions - he seemed far from assured to me./quote]

He looked a lot more assured than the players I saw walking off the pitch on Sat.

There are positives.

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 04 Feb 2008 23:35

what about a 5 man midfield with marek and harper in behind kitson? bikey sweeping up.....

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 04 Feb 2008 23:40

But wont Bikey have to be given "time to settle" and "time to get used to the pace of the Premiership" ?? after all he has been away from it for a while !!!

retro royal

BIKEY IS SUPERMAN

by retro royal » 04 Feb 2008 23:47

Skin
Hob Nob Regular

by Skin » 05 Feb 2008 00:07

Andre Bikey Tra La La La La La.

(sorry)

Feed the Royals Let them know its Bikey time.

(sorry again)

At least we've got a player who could be in the ACN final!

I''ve been cheering Cameroon on, pretending they're Reading. You get to see more success this way.

Radders

by Radders » 05 Feb 2008 00:24

Skin I''ve been cheering Cameroon on, pretending they're Reading. You get to see MORE success this way.

Any success would be a start! :shock:

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 05 Feb 2008 12:12

From reuters:

"Under German coach Otto Pfister, the new-look Indomitable Lions have removed any hint of finesse from their game and instead serve up a mix of hoofed clearances upfield and crunching tackles, often played on the limits of the law.

The defence's response to the slightest sign of danger is to kick the ball as far and high as possible and several clearances in Monday's game threatened to go out of the stadium.

The midfield is usually by-passed altogether in favour of long balls forward looking to exploit the talents of forward Samuel Eto'o.
"

Bikey's been developing some useful habits under Pfister then I see. :roll:

Should fit in nicely.

Please Cameroon stay in it as long as possible to keep this mentality away from our back four!

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 05 Feb 2008 12:14

He'll be off in the summer. Signing for a club with some ambition.

AF1
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Ya got guns, got guns too, what up son, do you wanna battle for cash and see who Sun Tzu?

by AF1 » 05 Feb 2008 12:54

This is all very strange, what time was the game last night?

It's just he was on line on Facebook last night :|