Fae gone to Nice

133 posts
UpNorth

Rumour: Fae to be loaned out

by UpNorth » 01 Jun 2008 09:51

Latest on the Sky Sports site has Fae being loaned to Nice for a year with the option of buying him for £2.35m.

Ok this gets him off our wage bill but does not give us the cash we need to reinvest in the squad. Hammond should be pushing for a better deal. if there is only the one club interested in Fae then I guess this weakens our hand. :(

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

Re: Rumour: Fae to be loaned out

by gazzer, loyal royal » 01 Jun 2008 10:20

he will be loaned out, with a view to a permanent transfer. However it does free up money on the wage bill as NIce will be paying the mans wages.

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 01 Jun 2008 11:21

Great, we get to hear about him playing brilliant every week as well. :roll:

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

by IMAMATEOFJOVSKY » 01 Jun 2008 12:28

gazzer, loyal royal he will be loaned out, with a view to a permanent transfer. However it does free up money on the wage bill as NIce will be paying the mans wages.

Yeah it frees up £12.5k a week less the 40% across the board cut that have been applied to wages , meaning £7.5k a week to spend mmmmm get some real quality with that

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 01 Jun 2008 12:47

He wants to leave, we don't want him so any deal is better than having him taking wages and not contributing anything. He cost us £2.5m so to get him off the wage bill for a year with the potential to recoup almost all of the transfer fee whilst also removing an obviously disruptive influence with in the squad would be a good move in my book.

I think you may have misunderstood the meaning of reducing the wage bill by 40%. It doesn't mean an across the board reducion of 40%, it means tightening up the squad, pruning the dead wood and selling those that want to leave. If Fae, Hunt and Shorey were to leave, which all look likely, you'd be looking at an immediate reduction in the regon of 15%. With the likes of Oster and De La Cruz already leaving, that's another 5-10% off the wage bill. I'd imagine there's already a clause in most contracts for a drop of 10-20%, considering the players' wages have almost doubled over the past 2 years.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 01 Jun 2008 14:02

From Despair To Where? I think you may have misunderstood the meaning of reducing the wage bill by 40%. It doesn't mean an across the board reducion of 40%, it means tightening up the squad, pruning the dead wood and selling those that want to leave. If Fae, Hunt and Shorey were to leave, which all look likely, you'd be looking at an immediate reduction in the regon of 15%. With the likes of Oster and De La Cruz already leaving, that's another 5-10% off the wage bill. I'd imagine there's already a clause in most contracts for a drop of 10-20%, considering the players' wages have almost doubled over the past 2 years.

My understanding was that sone individual players wages had dropped by 40% (including Coppells own salary). The EP reported that Hunt's wages had dropped from £25k PW to £15k PW on relegation.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 01 Jun 2008 14:37

So it's not an across the board drop of 40% as another poster seemed to think but a clause written into some of the staff's contracts. So if Hunt and Shorey leave, we'd have £8m or so in the bank and a reduction in the wage bill of about £2.5m on last season

Derbyshire Royal

Fae

by Derbyshire Royal » 01 Jun 2008 14:47

Not seen this elsewhere but feel free to dodd etc

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/31052008/ ... e-bid.html

Reading midfielder Emerse Fae is closing on a return to French football with Nice.

Fae was a club record signing for the Royals last summer from Nantes, but struggled to make an impact for Steve Coppell's side.

The 24-year-old made just eight appearances in the Premier League and was sidelined with malaria after playing for Ivory Coast at the Africa Cup of Nations.

He was also fined and suspended towards the end of the season after refusing to play for the reserves and branding Coppell "stupid" in an interview.

Following Reading's relegation to the Championship, Fae is widely expected to leave the Madejski Stadium over the summer.

Nice are hoping to sign Fae on a season-long loan, with the option to buy the midfielder for £2.35million.

The French club's chairman Maurice Cohen confirmed he is waiting to reach an agreement with Reading before finalising the move for Fae.

Cohen told AFP: "We have found an agreement with the player and we have almost agreed a deal with the English club."

Good riddance?

toppy
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Fae

by toppy » 01 Jun 2008 15:08

Derbyshire Royal Not seen this elsewhere but feel free to dodd etc

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/31052008/ ... e-bid.html

Reading midfielder Emerse Fae is closing on a return to French football with Nice.

Fae was a club record signing for the Royals last summer from Nantes, but struggled to make an impact for Steve Coppell's side.

The 24-year-old made just eight appearances in the Premier League and was sidelined with malaria after playing for Ivory Coast at the Africa Cup of Nations.

He was also fined and suspended towards the end of the season after refusing to play for the reserves and branding Coppell "stupid" in an interview.

Following Reading's relegation to the Championship, Fae is widely expected to leave the Madejski Stadium over the summer.

Nice are hoping to sign Fae on a season-long loan, with the option to buy the midfielder for £2.35million.

The French club's chairman Maurice Cohen confirmed he is waiting to reach an agreement with Reading before finalising the move for Fae.

Cohen told AFP: "We have found an agreement with the player and we have almost agreed a deal with the English club."

Good riddance?

Seems we'll be getting most of our money back also

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 01 Jun 2008 15:13

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 01 Jun 2008 15:16

Nice.

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 01 Jun 2008 15:16

From Despair To Where? So it's not an across the board drop of 40% as another poster seemed to think but a clause written into some of the staff's contracts. So if Hunt and Shorey leave, we'd have £8m or so in the bank and a reduction in the wage bill of about £2.5m on last season

According to Chronicle article on Wally Downs approx 40% applies to all players and coaching staff.

Downes now plans to speak with Coppell next week when the Royals’ boss returns from holiday in the Far East.
If he stays, Downes, like the rest of the coaching staff and players, will take a pay cut of about 40% as Reading look to ease a £30 million shortfall following relegation.
http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/articles/2/2999

Old Biscuitman

by Old Biscuitman » 01 Jun 2008 15:16

Good to get Fae off the wage bill, but if he makes as much impact in the loan year as he did last season with us the chances of getting anything like suggested fee on a permanent deal are between low and zero.

chandog

by chandog » 01 Jun 2008 16:04

i think we would rather get rid of him now and get most of our money back
if he is poor on loan deal NIce may not want to sign him and we ll be stuck with him

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 01 Jun 2008 16:16

Fair enough, I just heard that they were looking to reduce the wage bill by 40%. I hadn't previously read that on here but then again, I do tend to avoid the Team section.

I also don't get the oportunity to read the Chronicle. One of the advantages of living in Yorkshire.

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 01 Jun 2008 16:44

Nice.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 01 Jun 2008 16:58

I really do feel sorry for Fae tbh. He came to the Club and we thought he was going to be a good player for us and he hasn't been given a chance to prove himself yet. I hope he goes in a way because if he stays here then it will ruin his career.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Jun 2008 17:27

He's highly thought of in France and the way the game is played over there suits him....good move for all concerned if/when it happens.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 01 Jun 2008 17:35

higher Nice.

copycat

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Jun 2008 17:39

rg6royal I really do feel sorry for Fae tbh. He came to the Club and we thought he was going to be a good player for us and he hasn't been given a chance to prove himself yet. I hope he goes in a way because if he stays here then it will ruin his career.

He was given about 8 chances and showed virtually nothing in all of them. He was also present at training for most of the season and didn't show enough to get into a severely weakened midfield. Then, having started to work his way back in after the malaria he threw a hissy fit at being dropped for a specific game, refused to play for th ereserves and then cried to the press calling his boss stupid.

I think he's proved himself pretty conclusively there. I'd take £1m if Nice will forget the loan and just take him away.

133 posts