Predictions

245 posts
double d

Predictions

by double d » 16 Jun 2008 10:57

I know its a bit earley but where do you honestly think we will come now the fixtures have come out? Also assuming that the players in the news (Shorey, Hunt, Doyle, Harper etc) get snapped up and we find suitable replacements, if not better.

What if they go snd we dont replace them? Big difference to where we finish?

Roger the Rabbit

Re: Predictions

by Roger the Rabbit » 16 Jun 2008 11:06

I don't think the fixtures coming out as having bearing on where we'll finish really.

Need to wait another 2 months for all the transfer activity to happen and then judge,

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 16 Jun 2008 11:14

...and now you're gonna believe us,

WE'RE GOING TO WIN THE LEAGUE

double d

by double d » 16 Jun 2008 11:14

Hope if we do sell we can replace as well

Streets

by Streets » 16 Jun 2008 11:15

9th.

I see a poor season ahead of us. Key players leaving and not being replaced with sufficient quality will be our downfall.
I hope not but lack the confidence in the team right now.

I think I predicted we'd finish about 10th the season we destroyed the league, so lets hope for more of the same.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 16 Jun 2008 13:11

Relegated.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 16 Jun 2008 13:18

I predicted a stuttering season suffering from a lack of direction and a squad that seems disaffected by relegation, age and the lose of key personel. We'll lack balance, both in the starting eleven and in the squad as a whole.

Coppell will look tired and disinterested at times, the club will pull out the same old PR to try and make it look like we're showing ambition and building for the future and we'll flirt with the playoff's for most of the season before tailing off after the January transfer window closes.

Coppell will leave, possibly before the season ends, and we'll finish somewhere between 7th and 11th without learning anything new about the youngsters and without really having a go in any of the cups.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 16 Jun 2008 13:19

Hoop Blah I predicted a stuttering season suffering from a lack of direction and a squad that seems disaffected by relegation, age and the lose of key personel. We'll lack balance, both in the starting eleven and in the squad as a whole.

Coppell will look tired and disinterested at times, the club will pull out the same old PR to try and make it look like we're showing ambition and building for the future and we'll flirt with the playoff's for most of the season before tailing off after the January transfer window closes.

Coppell will leave, possibly before the season ends, and we'll finish somewhere between 7th and 11th without learning anything new about the youngsters and without really having a go in any of the cups.

Pretty much how I see it too.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 16 Jun 2008 13:20

Far too early.

I'll know more after 10 games.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 16 Jun 2008 13:24

Couldn't possibly tell you until we know the make up of the squad...if this squad stayed as it us then we've got a good chance of going back up or least making the play-offs (if we start well).

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 16 Jun 2008 13:34

readingbedding Far too early.

I'll know more after 10 games.

I think that's kind of the idea of predictions though...after 10 games it's not quite the same is it.

Obviously any prediction now is a bit of a stab in the dark and not an overly informed analysis of the season ahead.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 16 Jun 2008 13:57

I'm with Hoop Blah and AP as far as my predictions go at the present moment, which is why I haven't renewed and won't be doing so until Coppell goes.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 16 Jun 2008 14:08

Royalee I'm with Hoop Blah and AP as far as my predictions go at the present moment, which is why I haven't renewed and won't be doing so until Coppell goes.

this does not compute for me,id go if warnock was manager-wouldnt matter to me

so its safe to say you were not at the car parking space then?

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 16 Jun 2008 14:11

brendywendy
Royalee I'm with Hoop Blah and AP as far as my predictions go at the present moment, which is why I haven't renewed and won't be doing so until Coppell goes.

No, I'm a firm believer that a manager who isn't sure if he wants the job and chooses to stay because he feels comfortable without much pressure will never achieve good results and I'm one for drive and success over sentiment.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 16 Jun 2008 14:15

Royalee
brendywendy

No, I'm a firm believer that a manager who isn't sure if he wants the job and chooses to stay because he feels comfortable without much pressure will never achieve good results and I'm one for drive and success over sentiment.

im a firm believer in supporting a football team regardless of which people it employs

and im also a firm believer in you spinning quotes to fit your agenda-thats not what he's said at all
not even close

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 16 Jun 2008 14:18

Royalee
brendywendy

Royalee showing his support for the club.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 16 Jun 2008 14:35

Wycombe Royal Royalee showing his support for the club.

Yep - as soon as Coppell goes and someone who wants the job comes in who wants to take everyone on, send scouts to tournaments instead of quivering in a corner biting his lip and try and manage foreign players without having some stupid complex about language barriers, I'll be the first in line for a season ticket and all away games again as it'll mean my support will actually be in favour of something positive.

I love Reading Football Club, not Steve Coppell. I pay money to watch progression and ambition, not some glorified League 1 player who runs about a lot being paid £25k a week for caring so that he can buy the best hair products for his ridiculous mullet now that he's become a poser. I want to see decent youngsters given a chance in games as opposed to playing our cast-offs in cup games who are resigned to leaving the club anyway and us retain our image as a community-based club which has produced top quality players like Scotty Taylor and Adrian Williams as opposed to blooding crap like Sam Sodje for the sake of it.

I don't want to be asked to sing by the club and patronised with Bring It On banners when I give my support year on year and want to see the club succeed more than half of the players put together given the performances of some. I don't want to have to ask for my Bovril 3 times before the idiot behind the counter at the Mad Stad realises it's a drink and not a brand of Rizla and ambles over to tell his friend (who is doing nothing but staring at the ceiling) to go and get it before an awkward pause. I don't want to see 'Play Your Shirts Right' at half time and be subjected to a video which tells me why I need to support the club to pass the time despite the fact that I'm already there and have been all season.

ALL I want is for the club to show some ambition, maybe sign a few decent players once in a while and show some intent by sending scouts further than Newbury (although they don't even appear to be able to do that these days), try to improve and make the matchday experience as fun as it was in days gone by (and I'm not just referring to 05/06 before some idiot pipes up) and not tell me they're doing their best and I need to be patient every two minutes on the official site.

Fezza

by Fezza » 16 Jun 2008 14:41

Royalee

Yep - as soon as Coppell goes and someone who wants the job comes in who wants to take everyone on, send scouts to tournaments instead of quivering in a corner biting his lip and try and manage foreign players without having some stupid complex about language barriers, I'll be the first in line for a season ticket and all away games again as it'll mean my support will actually be in favour of something positive.

I love Reading Football Club, not Steve Coppell. I pay money to watch progression and ambition, not some glorified League 1 player who runs about a lot being paid £25k a week for caring so that he can buy the best hair products for his ridiculous mullet now that he's become a poser. I want to see decent youngsters given a chance in games as opposed to playing our cast-offs in cup games who are resigned to leaving the club anyway and us retain our image as a community-based club which has produced top quality players like Scotty Taylor and Adrian Williams as opposed to blooding crap like Sam Sodje for the sake of it.

I don't want to be asked to sing by the club and patronised with Bring It On banners when I give my support year on year and want to see the club succeed more than half of the players put together given the performances of some. I don't want to have to ask for my Bovril 3 times before the idiot behind the counter at the Mad Stad realises it's a drink and not a brand of Rizla and ambles over to tell his friend (who is doing nothing but staring at the ceiling) to go and get it before an awkward pause. I don't want to see 'Play Your Shirts Right' at half time and be subjected to a video which tells me why I need to support the club to pass the time despite the fact that I'm already there and have been all season.

ALL I want is for the club to show some ambition, maybe sign a few decent players once in a while and show some intent by sending scouts further than Newbury (although they don't even appear to be able to do that these days), try to improve and make the matchday experience as fun as it was in days gone by (and I'm not just referring to 05/06 before some idiot pipes up) and not tell me they're doing their best and I need to be patient every two minutes on the official site.

God I loath agreeing with you, but, fair point.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 16 Jun 2008 14:43

Last edited by Thaumagurist* on 25 Jun 2010 21:50, edited 1 time in total.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 16 Jun 2008 14:44

Royalee

thats nice........

LOL at this post

LOL at this too:
who isn't sure if he wants the job and chooses to stay because he feels comfortable without much pressure

eh?!

just LOL in general

what a strange way to support a football club

245 posts