Madejski's comments to BBC Radio Berkshire

527 posts
Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

Madejski's comments to BBC Radio Berkshire

by Royal With Cheese » 16 Aug 2008 17:47

Just heard the interview on BBC Berks.

Basically, all the money is spent and players earn too much.

Yes, plenty of ambition there.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Madejski's comments to BBC Radio Berkshire

by cmonurz » 16 Aug 2008 17:50

Royal With Cheese Just heard the interview on BBC Berks.

Basically, all the money is spent and players earn too much.

Yes, plenty of ambition there.

The club's money, or football in general?

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 16 Aug 2008 17:50

un-f*cking-believable, money spent on what exactly?, why doesn`t he just p*ss off and get his name put on something else!!!

Streets

by Streets » 16 Aug 2008 17:55

Now can those that believed it was Coppell not wanting to spend the money please accept it is in fact John Madejski holding this football club back!!!

Time to sell up and let someone else come in!

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 16 Aug 2008 17:58

I could not believe my ears, Madejski is in the wrong business if he cant handle players earning lots of money.

We dont have much of a chance of signing any decent players with his view, we will end up with players who will take a smaller wage than the rest of the clubs.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 16 Aug 2008 18:01

He wasn't very articulate but was he was really saying was that it is a popular misconception that we have loads of money sloshing around - the reality is very different.

Also effectively said that wage levels are obscene and that he would far rather the players played for the love of the game rather than the love of money. Bless...

I guess the thread will take off, just like all the others on the subject have...

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 16 Aug 2008 18:05

Madejski bottled it when he knew we could get into Europe, but at a cost. Happy to be the saviour, but un-willing to make us a force.

We are just another toy for him.

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 16 Aug 2008 18:06

Royal Rother He wasn't very articulate but was he was really saying was that it is a popular misconception that we have loads of money sloshing around - the reality is very different.

Also effectively said that wage levels are obscene and that he would far rather the players played for the love of the game rather than the love of money. Bless...

I guess the thread will take off, just like all the others on the subject have...

thats all very different from the OP indicated

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 16 Aug 2008 18:09

It's amazing there are so many contradictions come out from this club, we are told that SSC has money to spend, well it doesnt seem like it, we are told we are going to sign a new left back, doesnt seem like that either, so if what he said was right then its odds on that Doyle will go, just where has all the money gone ?? I know many on here wax lyrical about JM pocketing all of it, but they have made an absolute fortune over the past couple of years an d to say the money has gone is ridiculous, Mr ego really has a problem with players, his employees, who can afford the nice cars and houses like he can !!

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 16 Aug 2008 18:10

Agent Balti Happy to be the saviour, but un-willing to make us a force.

He said almost exactly that himself on many occasions in the last 2 years.

Just another toy? Take a look at yourself, that's just inexcusable from someone with a brain.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 16 Aug 2008 18:13

Chaney
Royal Rother He wasn't very articulate but was he was really saying was that it is a popular misconception that we have loads of money sloshing around - the reality is very different.

thats all very different from the OP indicated

Not at all. It's just a neutral report rather than one born out of cynicism.

Royal Monk

by Royal Monk » 16 Aug 2008 18:15

It really pisses me off when he moans about players wages ... he's earned many times what a player earns during his career but its ok for him but not others.... hypocrite :twisted:

mini _dariusz

by mini _dariusz » 16 Aug 2008 18:16

Streets Now can those that believed it was Coppell not wanting to spend the money please accept it is in fact John Madejski holding this football club back!!!

Time to sell up and let someone else come in!

Simple as that isn't it mush. :lol:

Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gav » 16 Aug 2008 18:22

It does my head in when he moans about player wages... That's the going rate, it doesn't matter if you like it or not. It doesn't matter what you think. It's the going rate, you either pay it or not. You've decided to take the cheap option, that's fair enough, but stop f*cking moaning about it!

I think a £4 million pound sculpture is an obscene about of money for what is just a lump of shaped rock, I therefore don't pay it. John thinks otherwise, but you don't hear me bleating on about the obscenity all the time. I accept that's the way it is, and that's the way it is.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 16 Aug 2008 18:25

Royal Monk It really pisses me off when he moans about players wages ... he's earned many times what a player earns during his career but its ok for him but not others.... hypocrite :twisted:

That's not hypocrisy. He probably just perceives that his talent in building up a business from nothing into a multi-million pound international operation, then buying a broke football club, making it profitable and the envy of every small club in the country, should be worth far more than that of the sportsmen he employs, who barely need a brain to function in their world.

Hard to argue with that really.

g

by g » 16 Aug 2008 18:26

a post thread supporting madejski = deleted
post a thread criticising madejski = allowed in numbers

sums up moderators here nicely.. only accept THEIR views.. no room for others

voice of reason

by voice of reason » 16 Aug 2008 18:27

If we have surplus cash and their are players available that want to come to us for a price that reflect their market value that will also improve the team then I am sure we will buy them. These kind of players are very hard to come by unfortunately. In the last 3 years Madejski has always allowed money to be available on players like Lita, Seol, Bikey, Kebe, Cisse, Noel Hunt and Fae. Spending lots of money like all Reading fans seem desperate for us to do does not always guarentee a brilliant player and instant sucess, it is a MASSIVE gamble as Fae has proved. 2 years ago Steve Coppell turned a mediocre Championship side into the best side the Championship as ever seen, for less than 1.5 million.

Anyway this whole argument about blaming Madejski for us not making big money signings and especially those of you saying he should just sell up is mental. Madejski has been saying for years he would happily sell up to anyone who will take the club forward and provide plenty of financial backing for the team. Problem is there are only a few people in the world willing to do things like that and most of them, with the exception of QPR tend to buy clubs like Chelsea! He has never claimed to be the next Roman Abramovic he has always said he would not just continue to bank roll the club, instead he would do his upmost to make the club self sufficient and able to survive without constant injections of cash, to ensure our long term survival!

Anyone that is critical of John Madejski is absolutly nuts. He has done pretty miraculous things for this club e.g building us a brand new stadium and investing in infrastructure that has enabled the club to flourish, incrased our fan base massively and helped us to attract the players that took us to the top tier of english football for the first time in our history.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 16 Aug 2008 18:29

Any doubt I ever had about madejski has now been cured. Those comments are insulting to our fan base. He simply expects us to beleive after 2 years in the prem, 3.5 million for shorey, 5 million or so for kitson, that there is little or no money available? Hand on heart he genuinely thinks we will believe him? The sad thing is, we aren't an attractable club to buy after last seasons screw up, so we will be stuck with this pompous clown for years to come. Stop complaining about players wages, you are not the only chairman that has to pay them. Stop whining like a child and accept that this is modern day football. You either keep up with the competition and pay wages...or you fail. We are a failing club at the moment.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 16 Aug 2008 18:30

Well said VOR. It is indeed astonishing to me that so many people on here can see reason to argue with that.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 16 Aug 2008 18:31

Royal Rother
Agent Balti Happy to be the saviour, but un-willing to make us a force.

He said almost exactly that himself on many occasions in the last 2 years.

Just another toy? Take a look at yourself, that's just inexcusable from someone with a brain.

Really? Show me where...and besides, he really should talk to his employees about saying we would like to be 'like Arsenal' when under Madejski's tenure we could be anything but. P*ss or get off the pot, John.

...and don't be so childish with the jibes. You know I won't bite, unlike others.
Last edited by Agent Balti on 16 Aug 2008 18:39, edited 1 time in total.

527 posts