Stephen Hunt

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

Stephen Hunt

by The 17 Bus » 20 Aug 2008 11:29

Poor fella missed out on a move to a big Premier team in Jan, his form seemed to drop away afterwards, did they come back, did they feck.

How does Hunt deal with this??

A.....he seems to realise where his bread is buttered, he takes SC's instructions and plays LB, and he fecking tries his best and ups his game, may I say well done S Hunt, I dont usually go for effort players, but he has the right attitude for me.

Bill Oddie's Beard

Re: Stephen Hunt

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 20 Aug 2008 11:32

The 17 Bus Poor fella missed out on a move to a big Premier team in Jan, his form seemed to drop away afterwards, did they come back, did they feck.

A.....he seems to realise where his bread is buttered, he takes SC's instructions and plays LB, and he fecking tries his best and ups his game, may I say well done S Hunt, I dont usually go for effort players, but he has the right attitude for me.

Have to agree with you there. I must admit I slated Hunt last season and would have been happy to see him leave, but I've definitely changed my opinion of him. His attitude seems to be spot on and he'll be a great asset to us this season. His crossing also seems to have improved massively.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 20 Aug 2008 11:33

Bill Oddie's Beard
The 17 Bus Poor fella missed out on a move to a big Premier team in Jan, his form seemed to drop away afterwards, did they come back, did they feck.

Have to agree with you there. I must admit I slated Hunt last season and would have been happy to see him leave, but I've definitely changed my opinion of him. His attitude seems to be spot on and he'll be a great asset to us this season. His crossing also seems to have improved massively.

Yep, agree with both of you! He seems to have just got on with it this season, and his crossing is better as said... even if it is only from corners!

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 20 Aug 2008 11:35

Hunt at left back >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hunt at left midfield

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 20 Aug 2008 11:35

Top man in my book. Most people unfairly blamed his drop in form on the new contract. I always felt it was more likely because he was burnt out having played (and run around like a mad thing) in almost every game in the PL and for his country in the 2 seasons.

His crossing has indeed been a revelation!

Kieron1981

by Kieron1981 » 20 Aug 2008 11:39

i think hunty may has slipped a tiny bit... but still put in 20 times more effort than oster, Im glad hunt is still here and i really want him to be a part of this team... no matter there he plays

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 20 Aug 2008 11:52

So, we're saying we should be grateful that a £10k a week footballer is putting in lots of effort?

Jeez.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 20 Aug 2008 11:56

Jerry St Clair So, we're saying we should be grateful that a £10k a week footballer is putting in lots of effort?

Jeez.

Agreed. They ALL should put in 100% effort.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 20 Aug 2008 11:57

Guys like Hunty are so valuable to a team, bundles of energy and enthusiasm, he epitomises what every professional should rise to achieve, not the most skillful and will never play for a top 4 club, but you know he will always give 110%, he has not been the most popular of players on these threads, but I would have him in my side any time if just for the effort and determination of the lad.

PLASTIC PIG

by PLASTIC PIG » 20 Aug 2008 12:04

Agreed.
Hunty is like a rich mans Andy Hughes :lol:
He will be priceless in the Championship.

"F*ck off newbie"

Though i'd say it first!!!

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 20 Aug 2008 12:05

He has certainly been to "Corners and Crossing Camp" over the summer....

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 20 Aug 2008 12:08

Stephen Hunt is now playing at his level and Roy Keane eventually came to his senses.Personally I wish Keane hadn't come to his senses and a re-invested (well,you can dream)£6million might have kept us in The Premiership.
Hopefully he is being paid the appropriate rate for the job,i.e Championship wages-if not then all that nonsense with Sidwell will have been pointless.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 20 Aug 2008 12:11

Have to agree re Hunt's level, which is Championship, not Premier League. That said, his improvements are vastly improved on the back end of last season, and his attitude has been exemplary. Possible captain if Harper goes, imho.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 20 Aug 2008 12:13

Well done Hunty, and he will always be in the Ireland squad even if playing in the Championship.

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 20 Aug 2008 12:19

Geekins Well done Hunty, and he will always be in the Ireland squad even if playing in the Championship.

Unlucky not to be starting tonight, looks like Kilbane is playing lb.

Old Biscuitman

by Old Biscuitman » 20 Aug 2008 12:21

BR2 Stephen Hunt is now playing at his level and Roy Keane eventually came to his senses.Personally I wish Keane hadn't come to his senses and a re-invested (well,you can dream)£6million might have kept us in The Premiership.
Hopefully he is being paid the appropriate rate for the job,i.e Championship wages-if not then all that nonsense with Sidwell will have been pointless.

JM re-investing in footballers? Not a chance. We're better off keeping Hunt.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 20 Aug 2008 12:27

Definitely agree.

Without entering a discussion on his playing attributes, his attitude has been first class. Glad to have you hear Steven!

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 20 Aug 2008 12:34

cmonurz Have to agree re Hunt's level, which is Championship, not Premier League. That said, his improvements are vastly improved on the back end of last season, and his attitude has been exemplary. Possible captain if Harper goes, imho.

for half a season last year he looked a more than able prem player, one of the only players to drive this team to any positive results and consitently over the 1st half of the season.
he then dipped back to the level of a decent championship player.

so really his real level is that of a yo yo

which is lucky cos thats exactly the kind of club he is at

westongeezer

by westongeezer » 20 Aug 2008 12:39

I have to agree Hunty is the best asset we have but i think we all know he's going on to a prem side, im amazed he's not been taken in this current window tbh, i put Hunt way above Kitson , his work rate rocks on the field and is what we need to return back to prem.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 20 Aug 2008 12:41

I would have to agree with the original poster. Hunty is fast becoming an RFC legend.