Kits is sad.......poor bastard!

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

Kits is sad.......poor bastard!

by rfcjoe » 04 Sep 2008 21:44

Mad Dog's Ghost

Re: Kits is sad.......poor bastard!

by Mad Dog's Ghost » 04 Sep 2008 21:50

No wonder he's sad. Shorey gets a move to Villa and Kits ends up at Stoke. Poor lad.

Mr Loyal Royal

by Mr Loyal Royal » 04 Sep 2008 21:51

awwww bless, suggests he will be rested for the cup game, at least he won't score against us

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 04 Sep 2008 22:08

It is sad.

We've been through a lot with all the players who have left and they all played a massive part in our sucess.

They've left the club in a stronger position than when they joined and we owe them a lot.

Having said all that, is Jay finally gonna get his Ginger Day when Kits returns?

:lol:

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 04 Sep 2008 22:33

Kitson is taking the p**s. He says its sad the team has broken up but who was the first one knocking on the gaffers door wanting a move---oh thats it David Kitson.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 04 Sep 2008 22:37

Silly Ginget tit.

Probably just realised he's in for another season of crap long ball football, and relegation.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 04 Sep 2008 22:41

Maybe he regrets leaving, but he can hardly say that can he? He's bound to have some affection for the club where he's had some good times. Maybe the 'break up' happened before anyone left.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Sep 2008 22:43

Kitson's sad because he knows he never really got a full crack at the prem. He only got his chance when we were seriously in decline and he still did fairly well. Stoke won't match our achievements.

Kits is smart and I think deep down he knows he's seen the height of his career already. The break up of that record breaking team is like the death knell of his career. He knows he won't play far into his 30s and he knows he's not likely to do well enough with Stoke to get the big move and play there. Time is running out for him.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 04 Sep 2008 22:46

Ian Royal Kitson's sad because he knows he never really got a full crack at the prem. He only got his chance when we were seriously in decline and he still did fairly well. Stoke won't match our achievements.

Kits is smart and I think deep down he knows he's seen the height of his career already. The break up of that record breaking team is like the death knell of his career. He knows he won't play far into his 30s and he knows he's not likely to do well enough with Stoke to get the big move and play there. Time is running out for him.

All you need know is Simon Bates to bring in the "Our tune"theme for poor old Kits.
I think we had better rummage up a collection for the poor sod.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 04 Sep 2008 22:51

"For me to see that football team break up is heartbreaking.

"It should have been together this season competing in the Premier League but sadly it wasn't to be."

Well, he's not far wrong.

And of our strikers, he did make more of an effort to keep us up.

He's left now => he's rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrubbish.

Cookie

by Cookie » 05 Sep 2008 01:16

Reading's demise?

What's the fekn-silly gobshoit on about now?

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 05 Sep 2008 01:47

Why are all you retards mocking him?

Probably one of the only players in recent football to open his mouth and speak the truth. He didn't ask to leave, he was sold. Grow up and stop the playground taunts at him.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 05 Sep 2008 01:54

Agree with that. Served the club well, and i love the fickle suporters who seem to class any player who leaves as a sh1te player who deserves what he gets. He possibly was a disruptive influence, but that is possibly only his passion and frustration showing. Leading scorer last season in a p1ss poor season.

joe999

by joe999 » 05 Sep 2008 02:05

shite works

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 05 Sep 2008 02:37

Give the guy a break, poor lad.

I've been critical of things he's said in the past but to be fair thsi time you've got to respect him. The team we had was increidble. Arguably the most successful team with quite possibly the best team spirit and morale and confidence in the history of English football, in that record breaking season.

I doubt very much he will ever be in a team like that again or achieve something so momentous again (oldest club in the Prem finally making it in).

That's not to say he shouldn't have gone. Any of us woudl be lying if we said we'd try and stay in a Championship side, even if it was Reading!

Thanks Kits, you were an absolute legend for us and you still are. Sad to lose you and sadder still to lose the good times.

Hope we both enjoy the future!

phil in cornwall

by phil in cornwall » 05 Sep 2008 04:45

The prospect be being relegated in two successive seasons is enough to make any professional footballer sad.

Especially so after the successes of the previous two seasons.

Flyingkiwi
Hob Nob Regular

by Flyingkiwi » 05 Sep 2008 07:45

Does the immaturity of Reading fans know no boundaries?

Dave Kitson is a legend that will be a part of this club from now on.

Currently, he's playing for someone else. Believe it or not; he's not the first player to move on and I'm pretty sure he won't be the last. I distinctly remember Robin Friday playing for another club after Reading. That, in the eyes of most of the IDIOTS on these boards would be enough to strip him of his legend status as, if he wasn't playing for Reading he must have been shite.

Grow up you bunch of fickle, immature prats!

John Peel

by John Peel » 05 Sep 2008 08:11

Flyingkiwi Does the immaturity of Reading fans know no boundaries?

Dave Kitson is a legend that will be a part of this club from now on.

Currently, he's playing for someone else. Believe it or not; he's not the first player to move on and I'm pretty sure he won't be the last. I distinctly remember Robin Friday playing for another club after Reading. That, in the eyes of most of the IDIOTS on these boards would be enough to strip him of his legend status as, if he wasn't playing for Reading he must have been shite.

Grow up you bunch of fickle, immature prats!

Totally agree, but unfortunately it's not going to change on here.

All the stories that have quoted Kits since his move all suggest that he was genuinely gutted to move to Stoke. Plus if you can get £5.5m for a player who had one decent season in the Premiership then you take it!

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 05 Sep 2008 08:53

You don't read of many players still talking more about their old club more than their new club months after moving. Kits has a genuine affection for RFC, even said he'd love to come back one day. He knew it was the end of an era and time to move on, and I don't blame him for that. I really don't understand the Kitson knockers, he's one of the best strikers RFC have ever had, who wore his heart on his sleeve and showed he cared. Occasionally guilty of opening mouth before engaging brain but we've all been there, it's just that most of us don't get quoted on it.

Kitson = RFC Legend in my eyes.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 05 Sep 2008 08:56

Flyingkiwi Dave Kitson is a legend that will be a part of this club from now on.

Well done, Kiwi. Kitson is a legend. In my top five all-time Reading players...............of all time !