Swansea Fan here....

rpark25

Swansea Fan here....

by rpark25 » 07 Oct 2008 19:31

Just been given my log in so I thought i'd give a late note to you guys...

Fair play, you were fantastic against us!

both the Hunts were on fire, and Doyle and Kebe (?) tore us to shreads.

To be honest, I was slightly worried with the score, but when I saw how you thumped Wolves (so did we :o) ), I realised that getting a draw against you from now on is probably the best results most teams could be looking for.

Your just too good for this league, and your fans were better than I remember them being from you playing down in Swansea and us playing you in the FA Cup a few years ago.

Anyway -- not looking forward to you coming down, but I hope / know that you get up to the Prem next year - you deserve to be there.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Swansea Fan here....

by SpaceCruiser » 07 Oct 2008 19:33

Aw, shucks, what a nice post. So much nicer than those Cardiff lot we had in the past.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 07 Oct 2008 19:34

Thanks. And yes, it is Kebe.

That Gomez looked alright when he stayed on his feet.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 07 Oct 2008 19:36

What a terrific first post - you can stop by again Sir!

rpark25

by rpark25 » 07 Oct 2008 19:37

Gomez is getting better to be fair.. taken him a few games to adjust.

His dive was laughable mind.. I was embarressed for him.

BonBoh

by BonBoh » 07 Oct 2008 19:38

Good effort.
Nice to see that you felt well-treated by our fans.
Also nice to read some compliments about RFC. It's not a foregone conclusion that we will go up, though. We will have to work extremely hard until xmas and beyond. Maybe that way, promotion will look like a possibility and some of our best players won't leave for a Premiership club in January because they feel they can achieve that goal with Reading.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 07 Oct 2008 19:40

Lita scoring in the second half of extra time. I would rather visit a dentist with a rusty drill bit. How times have changed. Good post rpark25. Keep up the praise :wink:

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 07 Oct 2008 19:40

....and thanks for doing us a favour and beating Wolves :P

rpark25

by rpark25 » 07 Oct 2008 19:44

Your fans were a good laugh as well.

enjoyed having a bit of banter walking around the ground... about 10 people said to go to the Jazz bar --- season ticket holders only when we got there!! walked around the whole ground.

I enjoyed giving Doyle abit of banter in the first half as well.... called his name until he actually turned - probably expecting hatred.... we just waved and grinned at him.. he couldn't stop laughing just as the corner was coming in!!! :D

i remember that game against you last year... it was so bloodly close.. just couldn't find the net!!!

Wolves were rubbish!!! Only good player was Keogh (how laughable is it that Swansea are calling Wolves rubbish!!!)

as long as we stay up this year I don't care where we finish.

Cookie

by Cookie » 07 Oct 2008 19:48

rpark25 Just been given my log in so I thought i'd give a late note to you guys...

Fair play, you were fantastic against us!

both the Hunts were on fire, and Doyle and Kebe (?) tore us to shreads.

To be honest, I was slightly worried with the score, but when I saw how you thumped Wolves (so did we :o) ), I realised that getting a draw against you from now on is probably the best results most teams could be looking for.

Your just too good for this league, and your fans were better than I remember them being from you playing down in Swansea and us playing you in the FA Cup a few years ago.

Anyway -- not looking forward to you coming down, but I hope / know that you get up to the Prem next year - you deserve to be there.

This is a bit of a kiss-arse post isn't it rpark25? What about the tradition between our two great clubs? :lol:

rpark25

by rpark25 » 07 Oct 2008 19:50

before my time mate.

my first game v Reading was FA cup 3rd round in 2004/5 i think. when we got you on a reply (us lg 2, you CC)

BUT -- nothing wrong with respecting a club ey?? I don't get the abuse and slagging off of teams for no reason. We ain't Cardiff fans you know!!! :D

true*blue*loyal*royal

by true*blue*loyal*royal » 07 Oct 2008 20:03

rpark25 before my time mate.

my first game v Reading was FA cup 3rd round in 2004/5 i think. when we got you on a reply (us lg 2, you CC)

BUT -- nothing wrong with respecting a club ey?? I don't get the abuse and slagging off of teams for no reason. We ain't Cardiff fans you know!!! :D

well that's one thing you'll always convince people of! and just to echo what r_royal said, thanks for beating wolves! we should repay the favour and beat cardiff...uhhm

Royalshow

by Royalshow » 07 Oct 2008 20:13

rpark25 before my time mate.

Fair enough.Most of us wouldn't have disagreed with you if you has said are fans are awful.I thought the Swansea fans were really up for it as well which helped.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 07 Oct 2008 20:18

Thing with Cardiff was the last time we were in the same league and did them 5-1 and 5-2, their boards were full of fans saying that it was almost a joy to watch the way we dismantled because of the style of football we played and that sometimes you just have to stand back and admire the manner in which your team is being taken apart.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 07 Oct 2008 20:19, edited 1 time in total.

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 07 Oct 2008 20:18

:oops: How sweet.

Elm Park Old Boy

by Elm Park Old Boy » 07 Oct 2008 20:21

There were some noisy (and pretty drunk) Swansea fans on the bus I got to the game with my eight year old son. We sat near them and I was a bit worried they'd be obnoxious.

But they were good fun, teased my lad a bit about wearing his Reading shirt (and said he should resist pressure from his dad!). But they saw my point when I said a bit of pressure and parental guidance was needed when a boy was growing up so near to Millwall....

Good spirit, I thought.

As we left the bus I said I hoped the best team won (and they did!)

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 07 Oct 2008 20:21

Wally Downes was interviewed on talksport the other morning when he was asked who are best sides that he had seen or Reading had played against this season, he mentioned wolves & swansea so far and went onto to say he had watched swansea and they were a lot better than their result against Reading indicated.

true*blue*loyal*royal

by true*blue*loyal*royal » 07 Oct 2008 20:23

From Despair To Where? Thing with Cardiff was the last time we were in the same league and did them 5-1 and 5-2, their boards were full of fans saying that it was almost a joy to watch the way we dismantled because of the style of football we played and that sometimes you just have to stand back and admire the manner in which your team is being taken apart.

This was 3 seasons ago, think it's likely to occure again?
a 5-0 home victory would be nicee 8) when are we playing them?

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 07 Oct 2008 20:32

im sorry but this is a total arse lick post, which needs to be treated OAE style.

John Peel

by John Peel » 07 Oct 2008 21:00