Embarrassing City fans

183 posts
Garrincha

Embarrassing City fans

by Garrincha » 01 Nov 2008 20:29

Firstly, what a great away win and superb support from the Royals faithful throughout.

Just wanted to highlight the response of the City fans whilst getting a pounding on the pitch today.

Often when a team is getting 'massacred' on the pitch supporters will respond with sometimes humorous chants but what I heard today from City was beyond belief:

At 4-0 down all they could muster was pretending to cheer at goals that they never scored and once this was done approx 4 times they chanted back to us:

'4-0 and you fu**ed it up' etc etc etc

I understand they are really Welsh in-breds with horrendous accents and are probably not the brightest of football fans but this was completely embarrassing & it makes me so glad that actually being RFC supporter aint that bad (as even some of worst songs/chants couldn't ever come near the low that City fans reached today).

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Embarrassing City fans

by Avon Royal » 01 Nov 2008 20:33

Garrincha Firstly, what a great away win and superb support from the Royals faithful throughout.

Just wanted to highlight the response of the City fans whilst getting a pounding on the pitch today.

Often when a team is getting 'massacred' on the pitch supporters will respond with sometimes humorous chants but what I heard today from City was beyond belief:

At 4-0 down all they could muster was pretending to cheer at goals that they never scored and once this was done approx 4 times they chanted back to us:

'4-0 and you fu**ed it up' etc etc etc

I understand they are really Welsh in-breds with horrendous accents and are probably not the brightest of football fans but this was completely embarrassing & it makes me so glad that actually being RFC supporter aint that bad (as even some of worst songs/chants couldn't ever come near the low that City fans reached today).

That's a bit harsh to be fair.

The chance of us making any sort of noise if we were four down at home is zero. Yes it was a bit childish, but then the average age of that section was about 15.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 01 Nov 2008 20:33

Presumably they were referring to our 4-0 win at Derby last year, when we did indeed F**k up despite a good win.

Whilst I only managed to listen in on 107FM, it did seem like both sets of fans were giving their lungs a good airing, and the 107FM presenters were pretty complimentary about the fans, even though they were 4 down they still kept on singing. Can't remember the last time we did that at the Mad Stad?

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 01 Nov 2008 20:35

strap Presumably they were referring to our 4-0 win at Derby last year, when we did indeed F**k up despite a good win.

Whilst I only managed to listen in on 107FM, it did seem like both sets of fans were giving their lungs a good airing, and the 107FM presenters were pretty complimentary about the fans, even though they were 4 down they still kept on singing. Can't remember the last time we did that at the Mad Stad?

Can't remember when we were last 4-0 down at home you mean, you senile old fool.

:wink:

(Arsenal, right?)

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Nov 2008 20:42

iirc those of us left at the Bristol Rovers game gave a good account of ourselves with various chants of "we want 7", "we want 1" and "we'll win 7-6". But the memory may be clouding over that one.

I'd also say Pompey fecked it up, not us. At least on the final day.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 01 Nov 2008 20:54

Nah, we generally fecked up the whole of last season. Pompey never had a look in. GD screwed us - nothing else.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 01 Nov 2008 20:57

royalexile GD screwed us - nothing else.

I think our points total may have qualified as something else!

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 01 Nov 2008 21:01

Well that's pretty logical thinking, didn't think i needed to bother with that. As we got relegated on same points total but mainly on -3 goal difference then goal difference was the majority factor. Pompey never screwed it for us. Performance did.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 01 Nov 2008 21:02

I sat in the Brizzle end and yes their fans were pretty much idiots.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 01 Nov 2008 21:03

I have read the city forums, how could you take the chants seriously and why would it make it embarrassing? Reading fans would already be on the trains home at 4-0, they leave 10 mins early when we are winning.
They were having a laugh and " 4-0 and you fvuked it up" was in response to them cheering imaginary goals, why can;t you see the funny side of it? Thats how it was meant. When they scored their only goal they sang " you're not singing any more", you should never take football chants as serious business.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Nov 2008 21:06

royalexile Well that's pretty logical thinking, didn't think i needed to bother with that. As we got relegated on same points total but mainly on -3 goal difference then goal difference was the majority factor. Pompey never screwed it for us. Performance did.

But if you read my post, it's about final day performace, and acknowledges over the rest of the season we did feck it up.

We couldn't have done much more than we did against Derby on the final day. Pompey could quite easily have done better than conceed a shit late goal to Fulham.

S09Royal

by S09Royal » 01 Nov 2008 21:11

rg6royal I sat in the Brizzle end and yes their fans were pretty much idiots.

Did you celebrate our goals? :wink:

Morph

by Morph » 01 Nov 2008 21:13

They were clearly referring to the result at Derby last season and getting relegated. It was a near derby for us/them today, or so called M4 derby, get over it.

Oh and expect the same chant on Saturday against Derby!

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 01 Nov 2008 21:14

S09Royal

I had a huge grin on my face at 4-0.

S09Royal

by S09Royal » 01 Nov 2008 21:15

Morph They were clearly referring to the result at Derby last season and getting relegated. It was a near derby for us/them today, or so called M4 derby, get over it.

Oh and expect the same chant on Saturday against Derby!

Yes, and i really can't wait 'till that match :roll:
I don't want to go anymore! :| at least we know we'll have a comfortable 4-0 win :wink:
and, get over what happened last season! we can't change what happened, but we can put it right this season-if we REALLY want to.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 01 Nov 2008 21:21

rg6royal
S09Royal

I had a huge grin on my face at 4-0.

LOL.

The inbred sheep shaggers must have thought you were a looooooon.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 01 Nov 2008 21:24

And because I was sitting there shivering my ass off!

S09Royal

by S09Royal » 01 Nov 2008 21:27

rg6royal And because I was sitting there shivering my ass off!

I heard it was raining quite badly too...must've been rubbish in that aspect, but the result made it all worth while.
I can't wait to watch the highlights...and if i would've been sitting in the home end at Ashton Gate, i probably would've got chucked out, cos i could not stay sitting knowing my team had scored! So you were a reading fan in disguise...no reading shirt? :P

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 01 Nov 2008 21:28

At least he was there. :wink:

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 01 Nov 2008 21:31

S09Royal
rg6royal And because I was sitting there shivering my ass off!

I heard it was raining quite badly too...must've been rubbish in that aspect, but the result made it all worth while.
I can't wait to watch the highlights...and if i would've been sitting in the home end at Ashton Gate, i probably would've got chucked out, cos i could not stay sitting knowing my team had scored! So you were a reading fan in disguise...no reading shirt? :P

No I don't have one hth.

183 posts