Blades fans back from the game...

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

Blades fans back from the game...

by PistolPete » 15 Nov 2008 18:48

This is always my favourite type of feedback, I forget what its officially called as a thread, but nonetheless...

From Blades United website (terrible forum forat!):

* As much as we hate him, Stephen Hunt is a quality player. Think Reading will go up as champions with the second place very much up for grabs. I say this without seeing Wolves much though so it may be a bit harsh.

Anyway, Reading looked a different class for parts of the game, while we competed well for about 70% of it. But when they turned it on, they looked a cut above.

For what it's worth, their support was particularly awful. Both in numbers and voice considering their position and performance today.

Apart from our 1-1 draw at the lane in our promotion season. Reading have made us look average to poor on every occasion.

Reading are our ultimate bogey team. I despise this soooooo much as I teach in a school down here and I'm gonna get shed loads of stick on Monday morning.
...from BladeinThatcham ;)

While I dont see Reading failing to achieve automatic promotion as they probably have the best manager in the division,I hope we dont engage the Reading in the playoffs.
Another game against the Reading we have lost.

* People go on about Doyle and Hunt scoring lots of goals for Reading, but they seem to get goals from all departments. Our midfield as well as the defence need to start scoring more goals.

* Doyle, Hunt bro's and long - Cheap as chips!! - 15/11/2008 16:05

* The above players have been purchased for peanuts from an Irish club. Have Reading got a partnership with this club?

The really frustrating thing is that we probably had the better of the chances despite Reading working harder, passing the ball better and being generally more vibrant.

Fair play to Coppell for making a point of waiting for Morgan at the end of the match and putting an arm round him and giving him what I assume were kind words in his ear.

If anyone finds some more, please add - it makes great reading!

S09Royal

Re: Blades fans back from the game...

by S09Royal » 15 Nov 2008 18:55

Great reads...it's always nice to see other fans writing something nice about us for once...(Watford, QPR, Bristol City fans weren't as nice as this... :roll: )

I think we still have A LOT to do to get automatically promoted, let alone being promoted as Champions. Let's hope the international break during the week will benefit us. Does anyone know where Ireland are playing and when Doyle + Shunt get back to training for Saturday's match?

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 15 Nov 2008 19:02

If we don't get automatic promotion, I want Sheff U in the play-off final :twisted:

S09Royal

by S09Royal » 15 Nov 2008 19:14

rotherwick_royal If we don't get automatic promotion, I want Sheff U in the play-off final :twisted:

i'd want Derby... no actually i wouldn't want us to be in the play offs at all. losing in the final would be worse than relegation.

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 15 Nov 2008 19:37

Posted by rkblade1889 on 15 Nov 2008 19:13
Reading no 4 ...
Dont know who this chap was, but he was what we are desperate for in our midfield. He dominated from start to finish (although he was a little dirty at times) won every header, passed the ball simple and won every tackle. He was awesome. Sign him up if theres cash available.

------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by MrSteveBlade on 15 Nov 2008 19:18

No 4 = Califa Cisse, scored against us! Doubt we'll get him!

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 15 Nov 2008 19:44

Steve Coppell showing everyone once again what a gent he is by placing an arm around Morgan at the end of the game and no doubt passing on some words of encouragement.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 15 Nov 2008 20:18

you have to remember that it was only 2 years a go that we as a club were in exactly the same situation. We came out of that said situation with everything still in tact and with huge amounts of credibility.

Coppell is in the best position to help him, but it takes a gentleman to do what he did

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 15 Nov 2008 20:55

PistolPete
For what it's worth, their support was particularly awful. Both in numbers and voice considering their position and performance today.

So so true, defo one of the worst supported teams in the top two divisions, but we have a class side and thats what counts.

boycey

by boycey » 15 Nov 2008 21:16

FiNeRaIn
PistolPete

So so true, defo one of the worst supported teams in the top two divisions, but we have a class side and thats what counts.

"I thought I was at Reading the amount of noise they made - very poor from United fans!"

above taken from 606... cant have been that bad...

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 15 Nov 2008 21:18

Posted by rkblade1889 on 15 Nov 2008 18:14 Complain | Reply
re: re: re: re: re: Reading are a better team than us. End of. ...

Reading are better than us. Whats annoying for the price of Shaep and BT they have built a complete squad! Not Blackie fault, but it just shows if you have the right management team you can build a very good side on the cheap.

Posted by YO1Blade on 15 Nov 2008 20:16 Complain | Prev | Next | Reply
re: re: re: re: re: Reading are a better team than us. End of. ...
Reading are the best team I have seen in this division by quite some distance, especially in the first half when the looked a class apal ha hirt.

Coppell had his tactics spot on from the off today and it tooh Blackie a while to respond but that does not mean that he should be sacked like som idiots would have you believe. That said there is no doubt that the starting formation didn't do Utd ny favours in the first half.

The fact is that a number of our players were made to look very poor today because they were outclassed by a Reading side who played some good football and were organised enough to stop us doing the same. Naughton and Sun were effectively snuffed out completely in the first half and that broke the spine of the whole team.

We all know that any player normally looks more impoessive against inferior opposition then when trying to cope with a team of the same or better quality - and so it was with United today.

Like I have said from almost the start of the season we will make the play-offs and that will be what we deserve I think judging by what I have seen of other teams so far this season.

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 15 Nov 2008 21:31

just found this on 606 and it did make me chuckle. brizzie city away comes to mind.

In all my years of attending Bramall Lane I don't think I have ever been so shocked and disgusted with what I saw today. Approximately 800 away fans is appalling for such a big match at the the divisions best and most intimidating stadium.

For a team that is quite clearly the best in the division to have such poor quality support must be really disheartening for their players and says everything about Steve Coppell and his powers of motivation.

How their players must have looked on with envy at ours, who have such passionate and numerous support home & away. How much does Kevin Doyle regret signing that contract when he comes to somewhere like Bramall Lane and thinks "I wish I payed for a club like this"

I really think that Reading FC should now make a statement that they wish to forfeit the right to promotion to the Premier League in favour of a team with more deserving fans who could maintain Premier League football long term, a team such as Sheffield United.

Their fans don't deserve such a good team, but we do.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 15 Nov 2008 21:33

hughsies no.1 just found this on 606 and it did make me chuckle. brizzie city away comes to mind.

In all my years of attending Bramall Lane I don't think I have ever been so shocked and disgusted with what I saw today. Approximately 800 away fans is appalling for such a big match at the the divisions best and most intimidating stadium.

For a team that is quite clearly the best in the division to have such poor quality support must be really disheartening for their players and says everything about Steve Coppell and his powers of motivation.

How their players must have looked on with envy at ours, who have such passionate and numerous support home & away. How much does Kevin Doyle regret signing that contract when he comes to somewhere like Bramall Lane and thinks "I wish I payed for a club like this"

I really think that Reading FC should now make a statement that they wish to forfeit the right to promotion to the Premier League in favour of a team with more deserving fans who could maintain Premier League football long term, a team such as Sheffield United.

That'll be the Seff Utd that maintained their Premier League status for ............... one season.

Thankfully, quality of support has nothing to do with league position.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 15 Nov 2008 21:41

hughsies no.1 just found this on 606 and it did make me chuckle. brizzie city away comes to mind.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Cookie

by Cookie » 15 Nov 2008 21:44

Great thread. :D

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 15 Nov 2008 21:48

LOLZ :lol:

Wizard
Hob Nob Addict

by Wizard » 15 Nov 2008 21:52

I thought we were pretty loud today. Enjoyed the match greatly.

Seaside Royal

by Seaside Royal » 15 Nov 2008 22:25

LOL :P what a twat... reminds me of Warnock bleating on a few seasons ago about Shite United being a better supported and a bigger club than Reading with progressive plans for the future...that was 2 seasons ago....

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 15 Nov 2008 22:59

We are the arsenal of the championship, great team, oxf*rd fans. It annoys the opposition even more.

Cookie

by Cookie » 16 Nov 2008 01:40

You know what concerns me about all this?
Their fans are lauding Coppell rather than Reading Football Club.

Maybe they've got a point. Maybe we are Coppell FC.
It's pretty much the same thing but, I can think of a few examples of Clubs becoming personnified by their manager.

Clough FC
McMenemy FC
Redknapp FC
Grady FC

Where were they without their manager? Maybe we are bigger than those clubs but I doubt it.

JC
Hob Nob Regular

by JC » 16 Nov 2008 01:49

I quite like this one

Couple of obsevations... - neil781 - 15/11/2008 19:44

1. They are miles better than us, and highlights what i mean by us being terrible at keeping the ball and doing simple pass and move!!

2. I dispise Reading, really hate them, however they will walk this league in the end as they are miles ahead of any other team in the league

3. We were awful first half, very narrow, and slow to get organised, as highlighted by their first goal from a quick throw in.

4. Despite some dick behind me claiming Sun failed to mark him, Kenny should have done better for their second, i was amazed it went in.

5. KB's team selection and tactics seemed to play into their hands, without width and with our midfield seemingly overloaded, they passed it through with ease.

6. Haanaman made the crucial save from BT, after superb cross from young Kyle. If that had gone in, might have got summat.

7. Why were we so wasteful when presented with a good chance to cross the ball in, only one good cross all game from a second half corner is NGE. Howard wasted several dead ball chances to get quality ball in.