Back from the Southampton game...

137 posts
Thou Voice

Back from the Southampton game...

by Thou Voice » 22 Nov 2008 17:30

...and that was poor, regardless of the result.

They were all over us and could have had at least three more.

We look a yard or so off the ball and could not raise the tempo at all.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Back from the game...

by Rex » 22 Nov 2008 17:38

Bikey muscled off the ball, infact ditto for all the players. As stated, no urgency and no tempo. We cannot rest on out laurels in this league as has so empatically been shown today.

More bite, more pace pleaae and certainly more urgency is needed.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 22 Nov 2008 17:43

We were shit!

bottom left hand corner

by bottom left hand corner » 22 Nov 2008 17:48

BOOO boys are back our fans = disgraceful

Yes we pay to get in and expect a good performance but that is shocking

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 22 Nov 2008 17:49

rfcjoe We were shit!

Just one word in that would suffice Joe.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 22 Nov 2008 17:51

bottom left hand corner BOOO boys are back our fans = disgraceful

Any usually has the opposite effect to boosting up the team moral. FFS.

Mudferret

by Mudferret » 22 Nov 2008 18:00

I totally agree, we were very poor, but credit to Southampton who knocked the ball around and looked good.
Bikey looked too casual at times, he has to realise that sometimes you just have to clear the ball with more urgency.
Rosenior had a nightmare, usually very solid but lost confidence after a couple of early errors.
Harper - what can I say? Please can we replace him with someone that can tackle, head and shoot.
I am fed up with hearing that 'he's got a good engine'. So has my car but it can't play bloody football :evil:
We just had an off day all around, lets hope we can get a good result on Tuesday to show that we are a good team and this was just a blip :o

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 22 Nov 2008 18:02

Desperately disappointing today, SC said he was guarded against complacency but it looked like some of the players just felt like they needed to turn up to collect the points, without doubt it was the correct result and we were lucky the games wasn`t over at half time!
sadly after all the plaudits thrown at him this week Bikey had an absolute mare..I really hope Everton have been watching SHunt recently because he had yet another stinker today..there were few players to come out with much credit but for me Marcus Inga and Armstrong were the positives..pretty depressing Saturday night but hey ho we could be Charlton fans

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 22 Nov 2008 18:04

Marcus and his reaction saves in the first half. PURE, PURE heart and skill from the big man.

To the doubters - feck off.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 22 Nov 2008 18:05

Long ball game. Saints were nothing special, but the better team won on the day. Dissapointed with lack of commitment and effort, esspecially from Bikey, who has been excellent so far this season. Possibly his worst game in a Reading shirt today. I really think we should bring leroy lita back to change things around a bit and have some competition upfront.

Anyone know if Harper was offside for the disallowed goal? Or was Doyle in an offside position and was counted as interfering with play. Either way, the Ref was quite poor today.

Minutes applause was fantastic i think. Moving to say the least. Didnt notice any players not wearing their arm bands. But im sure they meant no disrespect in not wearing them.

Hopefully we can put this behind us on tuesday night and get a good result, because i dont want to be coming home from Cardiff with anything but a win.

Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

by Readingfanman » 22 Nov 2008 18:06

Bikey - Poor
Harper - Poor
Roseinor - Poor
Kebe - Poor
SHunt - Poor

Marcus - Skilled
NHunt - Determined
Matejovsky - Changed things

Coppell - You confuse me. What were the subs about?

We didn't deserve anything out of this match, and this is a reality check. We are a championship team.

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 22 Nov 2008 18:06

royalexile Marcus and his reaction saves in the first half. PURE, PURE heart and skill from the big man.

To the doubters - feck off.

cost the first goal.......

we were terrible, one thing i dont understand is cisse off for marek, imo Harper should have gone

Royal Spangle

by Royal Spangle » 22 Nov 2008 18:10

Marcus made some good saves but at times looked well dodgy :evil: , we need a new keeper. FACT

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 22 Nov 2008 18:12

Royal Spangle Marcus made some good saves but at times looked well dodgy :evil: , we need a new keeper. FACT

the double save was one of the best ive ever seen live, but the guy just wont come off his line which doesant help when we are under pressure

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 22 Nov 2008 18:13

Why in God's name did Coppell take off Cisse instead of Harps (or anyone else)???

He was the ONLY player tackling and winning the ball

w*nk :evil:

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 22 Nov 2008 18:14

Readingfanman Bikey - Poor
Harper - Poor
Roseinor - Poor
Kebe - Poor
SHunt - Poor

Marcus - Skilled
NHunt - Determined
Matejovsky - Changed things

Coppell - You confuse me. What were the subs about?

We didn't deserve anything out of this match, and this is a reality check. We are a championship team.

Royalee in being right shocker.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 22 Nov 2008 18:15

Harper was just awful.

Yet he still commands godlike status amongst a large section of our moronic support.

Mudferret

by Mudferret » 22 Nov 2008 18:17

I also thought the minute's applause was very emotional.
Very disappointed that neither our Captain or Premier League bound left winger didn't wear black armbands from the start. :x

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 22 Nov 2008 18:18

Today we were poor, very poor. Southampton played well but aren't a good side. Coppell's decision making today was dreadful. Why take Cisse off when he was one of Reading's best players and then later bring S Long who isn't good enough for this division. To round things off he brings on Gunnar (a defensive midfielder) when we're pushing for an equaliser. Bikey was too casual today, there's no doubt he has so much talent and is too good for this division but sometimes he has to realise to do the simple things. Finally well done Kebe, took his goal well and thought his attacking play was superb at times.

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 22 Nov 2008 18:18

Marcus kept us in the game at times but as a bbc berks texter said, he's like Dracula - afraid of crosses...

Thought Cisse was one of the harder working players today and was very disappointed to see him taken off instead of Harper who was poor throughout.

All credit to Saints, looked good and passed it around nicely, were pretty much better than us in all areas on the pitch and there fans made a lot of nosie too, was just a bad day at the office for us.

Marek changed the game a bit when he came on, but needs to be alongside someone other than Harper. Not sure about making changes for the Cardiff game cos a Harper/Matejovsky partnership will get destroyed, would like to see Marek and Cisse though.

Hopefully things will get back on track on Tuesday, no need panic and if anything lets hope this is a kick up the arse and a warning against complacency.

137 posts