Kevin please don't go

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

Kevin please don't go

by Victor Meldrew » 07 Dec 2008 19:45

On the basis that fan power (the car park squad) kept our manager here how about,with just over 3 weeks to go till the transfer window , we try to do the same with our Kev?
With him being the leading scorer in The Championship and having scored goals in The Premier League he must be very high on the shopping list of some of these:-
West Brom-desperate
Blackburn-likely to lose Santa Cruz
Spurs-came very close to buying him before
Middlesboro-strikers not firing
Sunderland-got money and are even more Irish than us
West Ham-Bellamy rumoured to be on the move again
Everton-so many injured strikers
Aston Villa-known to be looking for another striker
Portsmouth-if Defoe goes
Newcastle-if Owen goes
Wigan-if Heskey/Zaki leave

With these clubs being frantic about Premiership survival ,or pushing for Europe, even with a credit crunch they will gamble small fortunes on the massive financial pot that Premier League membership brings.
Our hope must be that Kevin waits till the summer to weigh up his options whether that be a future with us or somewhere else but despite the new contract (which helps the club possibly more than Kevin himself) I fear that the club will listen to any silly offers (it's only 3 months ago that he was close to becoming a Spurs player) but being under contract he now doesn't have to go even if the club wanted the money.

So Kev (Kevin sounds too formal for somebody who is one of us) give it till the summer and even if you do leave then you will go down as one of the very few Reading heroes having given everything to get us back to the level where we would love to be again.
I know the town of Reading may not be the most attractive place around but compared to some of those others it's 7th Heaven (wasn't that the fanzine for a while?) and you have even got the top rugby team on your doorstep.
Don't go,please stay.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Kevin please don't go

by Norfolk Royal » 07 Dec 2008 19:53

Just shut up about it. You're talking it up. Lock thread please.

bishbosh92

by bishbosh92 » 07 Dec 2008 19:56

If doyle is going to stay in jan, then we need to be close to brum and wolves.

if we drift to far appart i dnt think he will risk playoffs and if a decent prem team cmes in for him hell be off.

hpe he stays tho dne fab dis year.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Dec 2008 19:56

THe reason to do it with Coppell was because he may have felt he had failed us or taken us as far as he could and should fall on his sword. The point was to show we still had faith in him and thought he was the best man for the job.

Doyle is completely different, if he goes it will be because someone else wants him and can offer him more than us.

Just carry on as normal.

S09Royal

by S09Royal » 07 Dec 2008 19:58

Have you been living under a rock for the past 2 months?!

I seem to remember that Doyle signed a NEW contract only last month and according to OFFICIAL radio reports, there is no clause.
It won't matter how many times Doyle says he's staying, there'll always be speculation. A thread like this about SHunt i'd understand but Doyle IS staying. Lock.

AlexY25
Hob Nob Regular

by AlexY25 » 07 Dec 2008 19:59

Would be nice to keep him, but if he wants to go, he'll go. Different completely to coppell.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 07 Dec 2008 20:00

I thought the goal yesterday summed up all that is great about Doyle.

His goals are so important, but his all round play is crucial to the team.

If I was the manager of any Premiership side outside the top four, I'd pay whatvever it took to get Doyle in January.

I just hope it doesn't happen, we don't need the money, he's just signed a new deal, let us just hope he wants to stay. I really get the feeling that Doyle is a top man and that like Coppell he feels that we should not have gone down last season and that he wants to get us back into Premiership and for that reason we will keep hold of him for now.

But we all know the sort of money on offer in football now, money you could never make with Reading. It is an unfortunate reality that money talks.

Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

by Readingfanman » 07 Dec 2008 20:01

bishbosh92 If doyle is going to stay in jan, then we need to be close to brum and wolves.

if we drift to far appart i dnt think he will risk playoffs and if a decent prem team cmes in for him hell be off.

Who taught you English?

bottom left hand corner

by bottom left hand corner » 07 Dec 2008 20:03

Problem is if he goes in january or anytime the question Aston Villa or Tottenham or who ever buys him needs to think will he do it for them because he faild last year and it will really annoy me if he does!!

S09Royal

by S09Royal » 07 Dec 2008 20:04

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe I thought the goal yesterday summed up all that is great about Doyle.

His goals are so important, but his all round play is crucial to the team.

If I was the manager of any Premiership side outside the top four, I'd pay whatvever it took to get Doyle in January.

I just hope it doesn't happen, we don't need the money, he's just signed a new deal, let us just hope he wants to stay. I really get the feeling that Doyle is a top man and that like Coppell he feels that we should not have gone down last season and that he wants to get us back into Premiership and for that reason we will keep hold of him for now.

But we all know the sort of money on offer in football now, money you could never make with Reading. It is an unfortunate reality that money talks.

Money doesn't buy you happiness. I think you should all read Doyle's interview in the Derby programme and stop doubting! We need to be more concerned about SHunt leaving.

bottom left hand corner

by bottom left hand corner » 07 Dec 2008 20:04

Readingfanman
bishbosh92 If doyle is going to stay in jan, then we need to be close to brum and wolves.

Who taught you English?

Why does it matter about spelling he has grown up with slang

bishbosh92

by bishbosh92 » 07 Dec 2008 20:05

Ian Royal THe reason to do it with Coppell was because he may have felt he had failed us or taken us as far as he could and should fall on his sword. The point was to show we still had faith in him and thought he was the best man for the job.

Doyle is completely different, if he goes it will be because someone else wants him and can offer him more than us.

Just carry on as normal.
Yes i no Doyle signed a new contract, but loads of players do that and still end up leaving.

All that new contract means that if he does go well get a fair ammount of cash for him nothing else.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 07 Dec 2008 20:06

Zaki can't leave Wigan, they paid for a season-long loan. :roll:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Dec 2008 20:06

I said nothing about a contract, but what it means is we can refuse absolutely any offer, no matter how ludicrous it is.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Dec 2008 20:07

SCIAG Zaki can't leave Wigan, they paid for a season-long loan. :roll:

So did the club Kebe was playing at when we signed him. All Zaki has to do is refuse to play if they won't let him leave for a bigger club that comes in for him.

bishbosh92

by bishbosh92 » 07 Dec 2008 20:09

Ian Royal I said nothing about a contract, but what it means is we can refuse absolutely any offer, no matter how ludicrous it is.
Fair point there.

forgot about that bit lol, yh we can come to think of it.

and that chaanges my mind completly as hammond and coppel will only sell if necessary.

S.hunt not sure hell stay tho.

bottom left hand corner

by bottom left hand corner » 07 Dec 2008 20:12

bishbosh92
Ian Royal I said nothing about a contract, but what it means is we can refuse absolutely any offer, no matter how ludicrous it is.
Fair point there.

forgot about that bit lol, yh we can come to think of it.

and that chaanges my mind completly as hammond and coppel will only sell if necessary.

S.hunt not sure hell stay tho.

Reading wont do that though they said if the right offer comes in they will discuss with the player.

Coppell said if a player dont wont to play for us there is no point them being here.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Dec 2008 20:13

And Doyle has said he wants to play for us and right the wrongs of last season.

bottom left hand corner

by bottom left hand corner » 07 Dec 2008 20:16

Ian Royal And Doyle has said he wants to play for us and right the wrongs of last season.

Hope soo.

He will be so important this season

bishbosh92

by bishbosh92 » 07 Dec 2008 20:22

Ian Royal And Doyle has said he wants to play for us and right the wrongs of last season.
Yeh he did so even if a decent offer cmes in.

if he was telling the truth hell deffo be staying.