Federici signs new contract

Slinky
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Federici signs new contract

by Slinky » 11 Dec 2008 09:45

The club must have faith in him doing a good job between the sticks!

On the official site http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10306~1483359,00.html

bishbosh92

Re: Federici signs new contract

by bishbosh92 » 11 Dec 2008 09:50

Well he did well in the Fa cup the first year in the prem.

Hes got potential, lets hope he shows it.

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 11 Dec 2008 09:52

Would have thought they'd see how he gets on in the next couple of games before handing him a new contract, although hopefully it'll give him a nice confidence boost ahead of Saturday's game.

Slinky
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Slinky » 11 Dec 2008 09:54

Bill Oddie's Beard Would have thought they'd see how he gets on in the next couple of games before handing him a new contract, although hopefully it'll give him a nice confidence boost ahead of Saturday's game.

my thoughts exactly which leads to believe that the club must have seen an improvement in him since his loan spell at Southend, and like you say it's a great confidence boost to know the club aren't given you your last chance but in fact have proved they're willing to back him. Good work RFC.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 11 Dec 2008 10:07

Makes sense. A nice confidence boost before the next couple of games.

From a business perspective i think .......
"He also had a successful loan spell at Southend which generated a lot of interest"

......is quite a significant factor as well.

bishbosh92

by bishbosh92 » 11 Dec 2008 10:15

Vision Makes sense. A nice confidence boost before the next couple of games.

From a business perspective i think .......
"He also had a successful loan spell at Southend which generated a lot of interest"

......is quite a significant factor as well.
Agreed indeed he did

I no a few southend fans, and yeah said he was the Best keeper to grace League 1 and should be in a higher League.

bottom left hand corner

by bottom left hand corner » 11 Dec 2008 10:16

GOOD NEWS

I think he is a very good goalie and can play at this standard.

He was unfortunate in the return leg of the united game after picking up player of the round award for his terrific display away to United.

bishbosh92

by bishbosh92 » 11 Dec 2008 10:20

Not deny hes not good enough!!

but as i said on another thread, it seems the Defensive have more confidence with Marcus in goal than they do with Fed

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 11 Dec 2008 10:22

perfectly timed by RFC yet again just on the eve of his first start for us in the Championship.

Talk about confidence/morale booster!!!

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 11 Dec 2008 10:53

This would've been something the club have been lining up for the last few weeks, not something that's happened now because of Hahnemanns injury.

As Vision points out, it's probably as much down to the fact that he's attracted a bit of interest and his contract was going to leave him open to offers come January. Hahnemanns contract is up this summer as well isnt it? That might've had a bearing on nailing Federici down to a new deal as well as having no 'senior' keeper at the club come the summer would've been a bit of an oversight if they'd both taken up offers elsewhere.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 11 Dec 2008 12:33

bishbosh92 Not deny hes not good enough!!

but as i said on another thread, it seems the Defensive have more confidence with Marcus in goal than they do with Fed

Anyone would think they get to play in front of Hahnemann far more often.

silas
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by silas » 11 Dec 2008 12:34

Course they do, how many times has Federici played behind the first teams defence? 3 of his 11 appearances? That confidence will come.

bishbosh92

by bishbosh92 » 11 Dec 2008 12:45

silas

Course they do, how many times has Federici played behind the first teams defence? 3 of his 11 appearances? That confidence will come.
Hope so, we cant afford to drop points at this stage.

especally with the form Brum and Wolves are on.

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 11 Dec 2008 14:52

bishbosh92 especally with the form Brum and Wolves are on.

Brum aren't on form, they're squeezing results.
Form implies they play well - and they don't.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 11 Dec 2008 15:04

bishbosh92 Well he did well in the Fa cup the first year in the prem.

He made the final.

(thanks to HNA? vote rigging)

AlexY25
Hob Nob Regular

by AlexY25 » 11 Dec 2008 17:24

Glad that hes staying on. Been a good back-up, hope he can prove himself now while he has the chance in the team.

Eddie Hitler

by Eddie Hitler » 11 Dec 2008 19:16

Pleased that we have signed him up as feel he has good potential to develop into a very competent keeper if given a run of games which will build his confidence. If he can develop then can see him being RFC first choice keeper for a number of years once Hahnemann has gone.

However, this will go down like a lead balloon with Hahnemann, as RFC are still stalling on extending his contract, which runs out end of this season. I know he is getting on a bit, but think he will be more than good enough for us for another year (unless we get promoted!), and deserves another year based on his consistent performance so far this year.

S09Royal

by S09Royal » 11 Dec 2008 19:20

AlexY25 Glad that hes staying on. Been a good back-up, hope he can prove himself now while he has the chance in the team.

Me too. The only thing i don't understand is ReadingFC offering him a new contract but not USA :roll: Maybe it is because of his age.

AlexY25
Hob Nob Regular

by AlexY25 » 11 Dec 2008 19:24

S09Royal
AlexY25 Glad that hes staying on. Been a good back-up, hope he can prove himself now while he has the chance in the team.

Me too. The only thing i don't understand is ReadingFC offering him a new contract but not USA :roll: Maybe it is because of his age.

Yeah, im sure USA wants a longer contract than 1 year, and im sure Reading wont offer him more than a year extension.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 12 Dec 2008 07:22

Eddie Hitler Pleased that we have signed him up as feel he has good potential to develop into a very competent keeper if given a run of games which will build his confidence. If he can develop then can see him being RFC first choice keeper for a number of years once Hahnemann has gone.

However, this will go down like a lead balloon with Hahnemann, as RFC are still stalling on extending his contract, which runs out end of this season. I know he is getting on a bit, but think he will be more than good enough for us for another year (unless we get promoted!), and deserves another year based on his consistent performance so far this year.

I think even Hahnemann would see the difference between tying a young up and coming keeper to a longer deal before looking at offering the elder statesman one more year.