Is Bikey on his bikey?

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

Is Bikey on his bikey?

by PEARCEY » 28 Dec 2008 18:08

Second successive match that he has not even made the squad. Cannot see him being happy about that.
I still think he is our best centre half and should be back in the team.

Any thoughts?

Fat Leather Jacket

Re: Is Bikey on his bikey?

by Fat Leather Jacket » 28 Dec 2008 18:10

He's going to have a great January?

Mr Loyal Royal

by Mr Loyal Royal » 28 Dec 2008 18:21

Playing for whom?

Cookie

by Cookie » 28 Dec 2008 19:03

Coppell is generally rigid about not changing a winning lineup, and Bikey didn't do himself any good getting sent off at Cardiff.

Bikey is an exciting and talented player. He always gets the away fans-forums buzzing after a game. (See Burnley) And I just hope Coppell isn't shooting a loyalty bullet into his foot by showing favour to Duberry.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Dec 2008 19:07

Duberry has come in and generally performed very well by most accounts. With Cisse and Gunnar available we don't really need him covering the defence on the bench. Both those two argueably give us more attacking options than Bikey.

He was also supposed to have picked up a niggle whilst serving his suspension. Coppell mentioned something about fitness checks in his OS interview where he said he expected to make at least 4 changes. Maybe one was for Bikey and he wasn't up to it.

I'd personally prefer Bikey and one of Pearce, Ivar, Duberry in the defence as none of the others really have any real pace. Although Pearce and Bikey would be frighteningly error prone.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Bikey come in next game. I'd prefer for Ivar, because he hasn't convinced me much in the few odds and ends I've seen.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 28 Dec 2008 19:13

We need Bikey in the side IMO. Not enough pace in our defence with Ingi and Doobs at the back. Their goal today came from a ball through the middle of the 2 which their fairly nippy striker McGoldrick out paced them to.

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 28 Dec 2008 19:32

MateOFFSKI, Shane SO LONG

I'm crap at puns

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 28 Dec 2008 19:53

winchester_royal We need Bikey in the side IMO. Not enough pace in our defence with Ingi and Doobs at the back. Their goal today came from a ball through the middle of the 2 which their fairly nippy striker McGoldrick out paced them to.

I agree...plus Bikey is very useful from set pieces.
Maybe I have it wrong but I'm not convinced Coppell likes Bikey's casual style. Big mistake if he leaves as he is our only centre half who can cut it in the Prem if we do go back up.
Last edited by PEARCEY on 28 Dec 2008 19:56, edited 1 time in total.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 28 Dec 2008 19:54

winchester_royal We need Bikey in the side IMO. Not enough pace in our defence with Ingi and Doobs at the back. Their goal today came from a ball through the middle of the 2 which their fairly nippy striker McGoldrick out paced them to.

If we do go up could anybody seriously contemplate a pairing of Duberry and Ivar one year older?
Surely we have not only to try to get back up but start planning a side and method for the Premier League.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 28 Dec 2008 19:58

Victor Meldrew

If we do go up could anybody seriously contemplate a pairing of Duberry and Ivar one year older?
Surely we have not only to try to get back up but start planning a side and method for the Premier League.

See my post on here...seconds before yours. Its exactly how I see it. Bikey really must not be sold and should be in the side....Doobs and Ivar are fine at this level but jeez would they struggle in the top flight

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 28 Dec 2008 20:19

No he isn't

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Dec 2008 20:21

Bikey has the talent for the prem, but I'm not sure he has the mentality. He goes missing at times and loses concentration and hasn't lost his yellow/red accumulation habit.

Percy's Rocket

by Percy's Rocket » 28 Dec 2008 20:26

Bikey is the best long term bet..I hope he will be back in next Saturday and then replace Doobs.. nothing against Duberry but Bikey has more class

Also agree we should offload Mateovsky if we are not going to build a team round his pasing style..not really suited to the championship.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 28 Dec 2008 20:31

As Doobs states the only loyalty is the supporters. Should a player wish to jump ship and take the plunge then so be it. bikey not getting into the first team is not an omen just yet. Coppell has stated he hates the mind games of the Jan window. Bikey does have a wandering mentality and also is headstrong. The rumours as always will continue but there is nothing to rumour monger about just yet. True Doobs is 33 and getting on. This does not mean he has not got valid input with his experience IF we get promoted.

bishbosh92

by bishbosh92 » 28 Dec 2008 20:32

Despite Bikey is the better defender, i think Doobs has been really good recently and deserves his spot in the team, Bikey will get back in though hes to good to leave out!

Ups and Downs
Hob Nob Regular
Location: the piss artist not formerly known as scutterbucket

by Ups and Downs » 28 Dec 2008 20:35

He's off I reckon. His sending off wasn't his fault and he deserved to be put straight back in.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 28 Dec 2008 21:27

But Duberry has come in and done a solid job. Coppell can't take a player out of the team if he is doing everything he is asked. Thats what makes competition between players a good thing to have. Give it time and Bikey will be chosen, and then its his choice whether he plays well and shos coppell why he should be starting.

royalsontour

by royalsontour » 28 Dec 2008 21:27

It seems to me that at this time of year players who are subject of a possible bid are not risked, I would not be at all suprised to see Stephane Andre off to the Premiership.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 28 Dec 2008 21:49

Bikey isn't in the team atm because Doobs has done well of late. He'll play next week at Cardiff.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 28 Dec 2008 21:52

SLAMMED But Duberry has come in and done a solid job. Coppell can't take a player out of the team if he is doing everything he is asked. Thats what makes competition between players a good thing to have. Give it time and Bikey will be chosen, and then its his choice whether he plays well and shos coppell why he should be starting.

But Coppell did just that with Noel Hunt today and with Cisse so why not bring Bikey in?