BACK FROM THE GAME -CARDIFF FAC

North Somerset Royal

BACK FROM THE GAME -CARDIFF FAC

by North Somerset Royal » 03 Jan 2009 20:03

What a disappointing and worrying display. If Doyle, S Hunt or af our key players get injured (or transferred) God help us because on todays showing none of the reserve players are capable of stepping up to the plate. I had hoped that Lita would seize the opportunity to show that he is a quality striker, that Marek would demonstrate that given the chance he can run a game and that Convey would stake a claimm to replace Shunt if he goes to Wigan. Alas none of that happened and we were treated to one of the most inept displays I have seen from a Reading team. When Coppell said he was not playing a weakened team he was clearly having a laugh.

S09Royal

Re: BACK FROM THE GAME -CARDIFF FAC

by S09Royal » 03 Jan 2009 20:12

How did Murty do?

Lita doesn't care about the club anymore, didnt he have a clear chance on goal today and miss?
I will not be bothered at all if he leaves us, i do have faith in Long.

We'll have bigger problems in the summer if we aren't promoted. Hunts/Doyle will almost certaintly leave.
Last edited by S09Royal on 03 Jan 2009 20:14, edited 1 time in total.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 03 Jan 2009 20:12

Lita played the same old hustle really - how many offsides! e played a blinder for 10 to 15 minutes and then it all seemed to fall apart. the best bit of the game was before the match, at half time and then going home! Eternally frustrating to watch. Cardiff were just lining up to take shots at goal. Fedders looked a little twitchy to me. Very badly sliced the ball across goal which could so easily have gone in.

The banter was good between the support and i must really admit the Cardiff support were a laugh.

The police and stewards were understated and only saw one reading supporter get removed.
LOL at the steward frantically trying to find the person who was smoking in our section towards the back.

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 03 Jan 2009 20:19

S09Royal How did Murty do?

Lita doesn't care about the club anymore, didnt he have a clear chance on goal today and miss?
I will not be bothered at all if he leaves us, i do have faith in Long.

We'll have bigger problems in the summer if we aren't promoted. Hunts/Doyle will almost certaintly leave.

Murty tried hard but was clearly lacking in match fitness and was often caught out of position. He did at least do a proper Captains job in geeing up and consoling the others when required but put it this way Liam R's place is assured.

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 03 Jan 2009 20:23

royalexile Lita played the same old hustle really - how many offsides! e played a blinder for 10 to 15 minutes and then it all seemed to fall apart. the best bit of the game was before the match, at half time and then going home! Eternally frustrating to watch. Cardiff were just lining up to take shots at goal. Fedders looked a little twitchy to me. Very badly sliced the ball across goal which could so easily have gone in.

The banter was good between the support and i must really admit the Cardiff support were a laugh.

The police and stewards were understated and only saw one reading supporter get removed.
LOL at the steward frantically trying to find the person who was smoking in our section towards the back.

Yes I agree about Lita and Fedders although am willing to forgive fedders anything (even his air shot!) after last week.

I wondered what the Stewards were looking for up the back. Someone said that some lads were thrown out for chanting accusations of a sexist nature against Dave Jones. I heard the chants but did not see anyone ejected myself.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 03 Jan 2009 20:26

North Somerset Royal What a disappointing and worrying display. If Doyle, S Hunt or af our key players get injured (or transferred) God help us because on todays showing none of the reserve players are capable of stepping up to the plate. I had hoped that Lita would seize the opportunity to show that he is a quality striker, that Marek would demonstrate that given the chance he can run a game and that Convey would stake a claimm to replace Shunt if he goes to Wigan. Alas none of that happened and we were treated to one of the most inept displays I have seen from a Reading team. When Coppell said he was not playing a weakened team he was clearly having a laugh.

don't forget its a lot different being slotted into the first team to fill in or replace a player in a well oiled team than it is being asked to put in a good performance in a team thats just thrown together from nowhere like todays was

Don't write the individuals off because of today as it means little playing in such a team

tlcs

by tlcs » 03 Jan 2009 20:27

And finally North Somerset who would be your midfield pairing ??

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 03 Jan 2009 20:30

Southbank Old Boy
North Somerset Royal What a disappointing and worrying display. If Doyle, S Hunt or af our key players get injured (or transferred) God help us because on todays showing none of the reserve players are capable of stepping up to the plate. I had hoped that Lita would seize the opportunity to show that he is a quality striker, that Marek would demonstrate that given the chance he can run a game and that Convey would stake a claimm to replace Shunt if he goes to Wigan. Alas none of that happened and we were treated to one of the most inept displays I have seen from a Reading team. When Coppell said he was not playing a weakened team he was clearly having a laugh.

don't forget its a lot different being slotted into the first team to fill in or replace a player in a well oiled team than it is being asked to put in a good performance in a team thats just thrown together from nowhere like todays was

Don't write the individuals off because of today as it means little playing in such a team

Well said.

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 03 Jan 2009 20:34

really dissapointed with today.great turn out from royals supporters and were really loud throughout the match. todays support was a thousand times better than the one at saints!! i was expecting changes but i thought it would have been better than that. i just wish this club to this competition seriously. too many of our players looked out of depth. how convey missed that chance in the first half god knows and his free kicks and corners were shocking. i highly doubt we will see him in the hoops again. murts made a few solid tackles but his lack of fitness was clear to see. fedders slice reminded of a schmeichals against barnsley in the cup that one time! i thought church looked lively when he came on. shane long is awful, i know lita wasnt great today but he was working hard trying to loose his marker and id still rather have him in our squad then shane long any day of the week. all season i have been looking at long and thinking ill give him the benifit of the doubt but now i have made my mind up. he is SHOCKING!!!!!

today really just showed how important doyle,armstrong, harps, cisse, hunt, nunt, etc are to this club

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 03 Jan 2009 20:39

And herein lie the rub. It's been discussed before about priorities towards the league, getting a blend together of players who can gel on the pitch.

Lita - back from loan.
Murts - His first competative game other that the reserves.
Convey - Same as Murty.

Individually the team have both the enthusiasm and experience but the cobbled together team certainly did not gel and flow. We never had the communication on the pitch of experienced pairings. Cardiff having fielded a settled team certainly showed it today.
Now my personal gripe is that it's about time the supporters had an indication of serious intent from RFC about progression in Cup games. Those that attended today's game - well done for knowing we would field a weakened team and being hopeful of beating a team who are pacey and strong.

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 03 Jan 2009 20:39

tlcs And finally North Somerset who would be your midfield pairing ??

Despite the fact that he is always being slated on here I would always go with Harper partnered by either Cisse or Gunner.

Victor Meldrew
Southbank Old Boy

Thats true they certainly played like it meant very little! The fact is that this was a great chance for each and everyone of them to show what they can do and as Coppell put it stake a claim. From his post match comments its clear that Steve was not impressed by the youngsters performance today especially the events leading to their first goal.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 03 Jan 2009 20:45

i have to say, fair play to Lita, Coppell asked him if he didn't want to play in case becoming cup tie would effect any move he would get away from the club.

Long was truely awful today, think the first minute summed it up when he sliced a left foot cross horribly into the Cardiff fans.

Matejovsky looked a bit scared today and Karacan was anonymous for 45 minutes

Bikey was his usual self, brilliant one minute, terrible the next. For their 1st, i think it was academic he ws going to bring Boothroyd down, does he have 5 bookings now?

No one really stood out for me, but thought Murty, Pearce and Kelly were the best three players we had, Kelly was my MOTM.

Harper and Cisse are now my midfield choice, anyone know why Boris didn't play?

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 03 Jan 2009 20:46

North Somerset Royal From his post match comments its clear that Steve was not impressed by the youngsters performance today especially the events leading to their first goal.

Well if he needs to know who to blame he only has to look in the mirror

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 03 Jan 2009 20:46

Was poor and cold.

Half time cuppa' was lovely though.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 03 Jan 2009 20:52

My only interest today is in how Kelly, Karacan and the two late subs (Church and Siggy) did. Anyone?

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 03 Jan 2009 20:56

winchester_royal My only interest today is in how Kelly, Karacan and the two late subs (Church and Siggy) did. Anyone?

Karacan was my motm tbh. Kelly did well.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 03 Jan 2009 20:59

rg6royal
winchester_royal My only interest today is in how Kelly, Karacan and the two late subs (Church and Siggy) did. Anyone?

Karacan was my motm tbh. Kelly did well.

really, i can't remember Karacan doing anything in the first half?

Kelly was my MOTm, SIgurdsson did well when he came on, nice composed touches when the game was already lost.

Church came on left midfield, did ok, nothing special though

bishbosh92

by bishbosh92 » 03 Jan 2009 21:03

as soon as the team sheet was posted we were going to lose, coppel dont care about the cup and just sticks any 11 on which arent getting first team apperances to give them a run out.

so final score didnt surprise me disapointed with Lita though thought hed have sumthing to prove today.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 03 Jan 2009 21:06

Some second hand comments from my brother who is just back from the game.
Murts did o.k until getting cramp but by then we had used all 3 subs.
Karacan was busy.
Kelly is too right-footed to play left-back.
Marek played as he did v Saints as if it were a pre-season friendly.
Convey put in a few decent crosses.
We played long-ball.

One other point on selection-with Marcus injured why didn't the reserve keeper play?
Surely at the moment the loss of Fed to injury would be as important as losing Doyle to injury in what some people are calling an unimportant game.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 03 Jan 2009 21:15

Victor Meldrew One other point on selection-with Marcus injured why didn't the reserve keeper play?

Presumably because he's too shit to be trusted?