...Time To Strenghen Our Squad...

Thou Voice

...Time To Strenghen Our Squad...

by Thou Voice » 17 Jan 2009 18:17

...indeed it is.

If we cannot beat a Swensea side that we should have been able to, what will the Premiership do to us next season as we are very likely to go up behind Wolves?

In the Premiership for the stupid amount it actually costs to watch teams play, I want to enjoy my season unlike the bitter disapointment of season two there and can see us losing game after game again, perhaps we're beat our own personal record breaking eight games in a row lost. :o

I also think that we need to look at our subs - why oh why, do we wait so late?

Steve Coppell is the man to get us up, but they'd better get some good signings that they actually let play soon or we're going to be absoluetly battered when we return to PL football.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: ...Time To Strenghen Our Squad...

by FiNeRaIn » 17 Jan 2009 18:19

What makes you think we'll be returning to prem football? I think there is a very strong chance we'll be playing championship football, if we don't go up this season we'll lose our stars and the bubble will have burst.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 17 Jan 2009 18:27

Meh, Swansea did what is needed to do to stop us. Unlike watford they actually have a decent striker and we took too long to react and make the change.

Hopefully Coppell will recognise this next time someone tries it.

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 17 Jan 2009 18:38

I agree. We need some players to freshen things up a bit but who, I don't know.

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

by Turns8 » 17 Jan 2009 18:40

PANIC BUYS!!!!!

:roll:

I'm so glad that Coppell is the man in charge and not anyone on here... :wink:

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 17 Jan 2009 18:40

FiNeRaIn What makes you think we'll be returning to prem football? I think there is a very strong chance we'll be playing championship football, if we don't go up this season we'll lose our stars and the bubble will have burst.

Simple, because I have been right before and I am right again... :wink: ...on a serious not, good money is on us going up and I really ***do*** think we will.

...I am just concerned about the quality of the squad we are going to be taking up.

You are absoluetly right tho, if we don't then we 're going to be a mid-Championship side from next season and probably ever more. Steve Coppell will leave and we'll end up with a tin pot manager and screwed for the next ten years.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 17 Jan 2009 18:40

Subs are the worst part of his management, there is almost no point in us having a subs bench he's that bad.
Bad defeat today, i'm not going to go on about it, but coppells management style still has the same weaknesses, one thing he has proved is that he DOESNT learn from his mistakes.

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 17 Jan 2009 18:41

Turns8 I'm so glad that Coppell is the man in charge and not anyone on here... :wink:

I am glad that you are glad.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 17 Jan 2009 18:43

Turns8 PANIC BUYS!!!!!

:roll:

I'm so glad that Coppell is the man in charge and not anyone on here... :wink:

Indeed. Its worth remembering we still have the best goal difference of any team in any of the four divisions.
Its not all perfect but there remains enough depth and quality for promotion to be attained...it might be a bit bumpy on the way though. What happened in 2005/06 is once in a lifetime stuff. Promotions are usually hard won and sweaty affairs.

DelBoyRodders
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by DelBoyRodders » 17 Jan 2009 18:44

Thou Voice I am right again... :wink: ...on a serious not, good money is on us going up and I really ***do*** think we will.

...I am just concerned about the quality of the squad we are going to be taking up.

let's get promoted first...

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 17 Jan 2009 19:10

Sat watching Bristol City pull back a 2-0 defecit against Wolves and Dele Adebola shows the value of having something different to bring off the bench, especially if that something different is a big strong centre forward willing to bully defenders

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 17 Jan 2009 19:20

Southbank Old Boy Sat watching Bristol City pull back a 2-0 defecit against Wolves and Dele Adebola shows the value of having something different to bring off the bench, especially if that something different is a big strong centre forward willing to bully defenders

Did not see the game, but being top of the table and winning 2-0 they may well have decided to relax, the players rather than on managers orders, allowing City to get back in against a team acting arrogantly.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 17 Jan 2009 19:28

The 17 Bus
Southbank Old Boy Sat watching Bristol City pull back a 2-0 defecit against Wolves and Dele Adebola shows the value of having something different to bring off the bench, especially if that something different is a big strong centre forward willing to bully defenders

Did not see the game, but being top of the table and winning 2-0 they may well have decided to relax, the players rather than on managers orders, allowing City to get back in against a team acting arrogantly.

There may have been an element of that in it

But in Adebola City had a quick and strong target man that changed the game. Wolves just couldnt handle him and he scored one and made the other one with his running and strength. He caused them no end of problems

We just dont have that kind of player in our squad, certainly not since Kitson left

Getting in a big lump like Kuqi, Bothroyd, Adebola would give us something different for those occassions when we need that plan b or c that we dont seem to have

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 17 Jan 2009 19:30

Is Thou Voice SDR in disguise?

Only raises his head when Reading lose.

Very boring........................

...................as are most knee jerkers here on HNA. :roll:

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 17 Jan 2009 19:47

Southbank Old Boy
The 17 Bus

There may have been an element of that in it

But in Adebola City had a quick and strong target man that changed the game. Wolves just couldnt handle him and he scored one and made the other one with his running and strength. He caused them no end of problems

We just dont have that kind of player in our squad, certainly not since Kitson left

Getting in a big lump like Kuqi, Bothroyd, Adebola would give us something different for those occassions when we need that plan b or c that we dont seem to have

Coppell doesn't have a plan B or C, it's the tried an tested let the oppo have the majority of possession and then hope the long punts upfront will bring goals.

chilipepper91
Hob Nob Regular

by chilipepper91 » 17 Jan 2009 19:54

Gordons Cumming Is Thou Voice SDR in disguise?

Very boring........................

...................as are most knee jerkers here on HNA. :roll:

No.

It misses the phrase "Real Facts from the Main Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn"

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 17 Jan 2009 20:25

Gordons Cumming Is Thou Voice SDR in disguise?

You my dear friend are as sharp as a blade covered in friendly fire.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Jan 2009 21:34

I thought Coppell showed quite a promising plan b today when Matevojsky came on for Hunt.

Didn't work, it was a bit late really and then Rosenior got himself sent off dooming any hope. But we at least came briefly into it after the substitution.

I think Adebola sounds like a decent option from the description, but with Lita back I don't think we'll see another striker in. Right back may happen now though. I still think we could do with another winger regardless of whether Hunt goes.

Our squad is ok now, there are no obvious glaring holes and weak spots (assuming Lita can play to something approacing his ability) we could cope without a signing, though automatics is going to be touch and go.

bishbosh92

by bishbosh92 » 17 Jan 2009 21:50

We dont need to panic buy but deffiantly need to strenghen if we go up, and as far as how the subs are used today was ridiclous!!

Lita has just said he wants to stay so coppel leaves it till the last 5 minutes to put him on bit hard to make an impact in that time!

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 17 Jan 2009 22:01

definatley time for a few new faces. i cant imagine shunt is adding to morale currently with his strong desire to leave. a few new faces coming in will boost the squad. tabb? watson? campbell ryce? herman?
i still also thing long has to go out on loan as he is doing nout for this club and has been doing so for a while now. get in a new striker to challenge lits/nhunt to partner doyle