Doyle - Does He Get The Recognition He Deserves?

17 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
JS28ZoD

Doyle - Does He Get The Recognition He Deserves?

by JS28ZoD » 10 Mar 2009 10:57

With the Reading legends Blakey and Big Dave returning, I'm already anticipating the cheers of joy from the fans when they are reintroduced tonight. I have no doubt that there will also be a fair few choruses of "Dave Kitson what a bargain," but spare a thought for Kevin Doyle, how many times will the fans sing his name tonight?

For me, the FIA player of the year is our talisman. He's our best and most effective player, gives his all in every game and has played through the pain barrier many times for this club. Not only that, when the doom and gloom of relegation hit the squad last summer he decided to stay put, when he could have easily manufactured a move back to the prem if he wanted out (just like a couple of others did).

It appears to me that even Lita gets more recognition from the fans than Doyler, even though his contribution to this football club is a fraction of Doyles. Is this actually the case? If so why? The only reason I can think of (even though it's pathetic) is that we haven't come up with a good song for our Kev.

What are your thoughts?

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

Re: Doyle - Does He Get The Recognition He Deserves?

by IMAMATEOFJOVSKY » 10 Mar 2009 11:03

Totally agree mate - the consummate professional, and arguably our best player at the club - his name may not get sung much, but if he ever leaves, the gap he leaves will be a gap forever

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 10 Mar 2009 11:04

They're both good.

Irvinchangeyaname

by Irvinchangeyaname » 10 Mar 2009 11:05

JS28ZoD It appears to me that even Lita gets more recognition from the fans than Doyler, even though his contribution to this football club is a fraction of Doyles.

I think it was the Bristol City game where Doyle played a beautiful ball that split the City defence only for Lita to shoot staight at the keeper. The fans' reaction - "da da da da, Leroy Lita!" :roll:

Royal-DLG

by Royal-DLG » 10 Mar 2009 11:08

Looks like we have a lot of singing to do tonight then! Kitson, Little, Parky, Doyle, and supporting the team!

Lets hope the West Stand can keep up :wink: :lol:

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 10 Mar 2009 11:25

Irvinchangeyaname
JS28ZoD It appears to me that even Lita gets more recognition from the fans than Doyler, even though his contribution to this football club is a fraction of Doyles.

I think it was the Bristol City game where Doyle played a beautiful ball that split the City defence only for Lita to shoot staight at the keeper. The fans' reaction - "da da da da, Leroy Lita!" :roll:

Absolutely. He did it twice, I think, but the other shot (also straight at the keeper) was offside.

Doyle is a great player, and yes, for his worth, he doesn't get the adulation

gn1982

by gn1982 » 10 Mar 2009 11:25

We all dream of a team of Kevin Doyles, a team of Kevin Doyles, a team of Kevin Doyles!!!

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 10 Mar 2009 11:31

In my eyes Doyle is already a RFC legend purely for the fact he is 1 of the loyalest players we have had in recent times

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 10 Mar 2009 12:22

At least you never typed loyalist.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 10 Mar 2009 12:24

Nice username.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 10 Mar 2009 16:15

I'd agree that Doyle perhaps doesn't get the recognition he deserves - he is the best player at the club and has been for some time. He's been unfortunate that our midfield's been so weak that he hasn't been given the chances he deserves, meaning the people with little football knowledge think just because he's not been hitting the net he's been rubbish.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 10 Mar 2009 16:26

Agreed, and 18 goals is pathetic innit?

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 10 Mar 2009 16:30

Go on, Go on, Go on.....

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Mar 2009 18:53

The best compliment I could give Doyle is that I think this season he's shown he can be as good as Kitson, if not better.

Doyle is a fantastic striker and has a very good case for player of the season, even if he doesn't score another goal.

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 10 Mar 2009 18:56

Doyle needs a new chant.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 10 Mar 2009 19:10

JS28ZoD With the Reading legends Blakey and Big Dave returning, I'm already anticipating the cheers of joy from the fans when they are reintroduced tonight. I have no doubt that there will also be a fair few choruses of "Dave Kitson what a bargain," but spare a thought for Kevin Doyle, how many times will the fans sing his name tonight?

For me, the FIA player of the year is our talisman. He's our best and most effective player, gives his all in every game and has played through the pain barrier many times for this club. Not only that, when the doom and gloom of relegation hit the squad last summer he decided to stay put, when he could have easily manufactured a move back to the prem if he wanted out (just like a couple of others did).

It appears to me that even Lita gets more recognition from the fans than Doyler, even though his contribution to this football club is a fraction of Doyles. Is this actually the case? If so why? The only reason I can think of (even though it's pathetic) is that we haven't come up with a good song for our Kev.

What are your thoughts?

I dont think Lita gets more recognition that Doyle...but the latter just quietly gets on with playing.
I think he is very much appreciated for staying with the club this season and not making clear come and get me signals to Premiership clubs.
He is thought of very highly by more Reading fans than most if not all of the current playing squad IMO.

Seaside Royal

by Seaside Royal » 10 Mar 2009 19:13

Doyle rhymes with Royal how hard can it be to come up with a half decent chant?

and agree, Doyle deserves more prise and recognition as he's a loyal and first class professional.

17 posts   •   Page 1 of 1