back from the Coventry away game...

101 posts
hughsies no.1

back from the Coventry away game...

by hughsies no.1 » 04 Apr 2009 18:55

well...what a poor day, ricoh arena is the most souless stadium in the country FACT! the performance was poor, coventry were poor, atmosphere poor and overall a poor day.

we gave them to much respect from the off and only started getting at them in the last 10mins when nhunt and marek came on. why couldnt we play like that from the off! really disspointing. where not good enough to go up. Play offs it is.

anyone know why doyle werent involved?

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

Re: back...

by PEARCEY » 04 Apr 2009 18:57

hughsies no.1 well...what a poor day, ricoh arena is the most souless stadium in the country FACT! the performance was poor, coventry were poor, atmosphere poor and overall a poor day.

we gave them to much respect from the off and only started getting at them in the last 10mins when nhunt and marek came on. why couldnt we play like that from the off! really disspointing. where not good enough to go up. Play offs it is.

anyone know why doyle werent involved?

How did the back four play Hughsies? Another clean sheet is at least something.

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 04 Apr 2009 19:04

armstrong had a shakey first half, doobs was standard with the usual lumping the ball upfield. kelly did well in my opinion. bikey also did well. the ref was very card happy and was blowing his whistle for fun. just so dissapointing we didnt go at them from the start. we gave them FAR TOO MUCH respect. starting with two defensive midfielders. cov are poor. nhunt and marek to start on fri please

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 04 Apr 2009 19:07

What a load of shite that was!

Spotted: Maguire, H+P, RL, dirk g, af1, trolli, bbo118?, benreadingfc?, royalexile and daughter :wink:

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 04 Apr 2009 19:08

spotted - Leroy Lita flying up the motorway on his way to cov in his hummer

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 04 Apr 2009 19:17

hughsies no.1 armstrong had a shakey first half, doobs was standard with the usual lumping the ball upfield. kelly did well in my opinion. bikey also did well. the ref was very card happy and was blowing his whistle for fun. just so dissapointing we didnt go at them from the start. we gave them FAR TOO MUCH respect. starting with two defensive midfielders. cov are poor. nhunt and marek to start on fri please

Thanks for that.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 04 Apr 2009 19:22

Dire match. Can't take corners or free kicks. In fact, WON'T take corners - short ones even 2 minutes from time. What plonkers. Hunt's free kick - 20 yards out, 20 yards over the bar. Most disimproved player ever.

NWL Royal

by NWL Royal » 04 Apr 2009 19:31

Poor game, being p1ssed helped alot..

fozzy

by fozzy » 04 Apr 2009 19:34

dire, just dire.

I can't believe that's a team that wants to get promoted. Shocking.

Appalling = Duberry, Armstrong, Little, Bikey, Long, Kitson

Bad = the rest minus Marcus who made one good save when their guy was through on goal

I want all the players to come round tomorrow and give me £10 each. Three tickets here plus petrol... they won't give a shit that it was crap, that they've given up on the season. I do, and I care about the £100+ quid.

Total shambles.

Anyone want to make a Car Park sign this year for Coppell?!

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 04 Apr 2009 19:38

Another diabolical afternoon of Championship dross sat wedged uncomfortably into a seat with no leg room in silence in a purpose built mass of empty blue seats of a stadium miles away from any decent pubs on the outskirts of a crap town in the west midlands. My neck aches after watching Reading punt the ball aimlessly from one end of this souless bowl to another, Coventry were not much better.

Steve Coppell, you are having a laugh; speaking in the EP on Thursday about going to Coventry with a positive atttiude, you played the two slowest wide men ever in Glen Little (glory days long gone) and Jay Tabb (a tubby pub player) along with two plodding central midfielders in Cisse and the ever-awful James Harper. Up front, Kitson was so disinterested he didn't even bother to bitch his way through the game moaning at the p*ss-poor officials in his usual self-important manner. 1 goal in 4 games for a promotion chasing team is utterly pathetic, at least we are keeping clean sheets but quite how we manage that with that clumsy oaf Duberry at the back just goes to sum up how absolutely dire this w@nk league is. On the positive side Kelly did ok; never looks 100% certain but he's no worse than that goon who usually plays right back for us. Hahnemann did all that was expected of him. Marek showed some decent touches in his twenty minutes on the park.

The end.
Last edited by floyd__streete on 04 Apr 2009 19:46, edited 1 time in total.

Mad Dog's Ghost

by Mad Dog's Ghost » 04 Apr 2009 19:45

But Floyd, it's a great division because it's so competitive. Never mind the fact that there's little entertainment or goals or decent football.

No Hoops
Hob Nob Regular

by No Hoops » 04 Apr 2009 19:47

Oh for a goal.

Clean sheets, win games, but not if you don't score. Obvious I know. Some one will get a spanking soon. Lets hope it's a team that will actually come the Madjeski with the will to win rather than draw.

All in all, the glass is still half full not empty.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 04 Apr 2009 19:48

fozzy Appalling = Duberry, Armstrong, Little, Bikey, Long, Kitson

Marcus made one good save.

So we kept yet another clean sheet...away to a team who beat both the top 2 at the RICOH...Marcus made one save...and yet our defense - Duberry, Armstrong and Bikey - were all 'apalling'? Have I understood that right?

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 04 Apr 2009 19:55

Very good performance from Kelly who will, no doubt, go the same way as all the other young players who have done well when called upon this season.

That's the end of the good news.

We were absolute sh*te. Had we been mid-table at Christmas we'd now be in a dog fight at the bottom.

Following a relegation that should never have happened, Steve Coppell has conspired to create an average Championship team from one that, back in November, had looked a nailed on certainty to make a swift return to the top flight.

For those who still have a modicum of faith in our manager, that's your prerogative.

Personally, the sooner this sad decline from the brink of a place in the EUFA Cup comes to a close, the better.

And, yes, so many seemed to agree that whilst a match lasts 90 minutes why the fcuk did we not seem interested in winning this one until the final 15 :evil:

God knows what our manager has been doing for the last fortnight but he clearly failed to find the plot he lost back in December.

No change for me, new manager next season, please!!!

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 04 Apr 2009 20:11

Denver Royal
fozzy Appalling = Duberry, Armstrong, Little, Bikey, Long, Kitson

Marcus made one good save.

So we kept yet another clean sheet...away to a team who beat both the top 2 at the RICOH...Marcus made one save...and yet our defense - Duberry, Armstrong and Bikey - were all 'apalling'? Have I understood that right?

That's when they had something to play for. Plus Wolves and Brum are local(ish) rivals (trust me - I live in this area). They played today as though their season was over.....and they still matched us!!!

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 04 Apr 2009 20:31

The highlight of the game was the beer before , fag at half time and the hot dog. That is all.

Crap attendance from the Cov support. no atmosphere and no passion.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 04 Apr 2009 20:46

Woodcote Royal Very good performance from Kelly who will, no doubt, go the same way as all the other young players who have done well when called upon this season.

That's the end of the good news.

We were absolute sh*te. Had we been mid-table at Christmas we'd now be in a dog fight at the bottom.

Following a relegation that should never have happened, Steve Coppell has conspired to create an average Championship team from one that, back in November, had looked a nailed on certainty to make a swift return to the top flight.

For those who still have a modicum of faith in our manager, that's your prerogative.

Personally, the sooner this sad decline from the brink of a place in the EUFA Cup comes to a close, the better.

And, yes, so many seemed to agree that whilst a match lasts 90 minutes why the fcuk did we not seem interested in winning this one until the final 15 :evil:

God knows what our manager has been doing for the last fortnight but he clearly failed to find the plot he lost back in December.

No change for me, new manager next season, please!!!
Dowie will out of a job (yet again) before then.....

In all seriousness, who would be the right guy for the job? (he asks....not having spent a lifetime trawling through the previously posted answers in an HNA way)

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 04 Apr 2009 20:50

That w*s oxf*rd sh*t

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 04 Apr 2009 20:51

floyd__streete Another diabolical afternoon of Championship dross sat wedged uncomfortably into a seat with no leg room in silence in a purpose built mass of empty blue seats of a stadium miles away from any decent pubs on the outskirts of a crap town in the west midlands. My neck aches after watching Reading punt the ball aimlessly from one end of this souless bowl to another, Coventry were not much better.

Steve Coppell, you are having a laugh; speaking in the EP on Thursday about going to Coventry with a positive atttiude, you played the two slowest wide men ever in Glen Little (glory days long gone) and Jay Tabb (a tubby pub player) along with two plodding central midfielders in Cisse and the ever-awful James Harper. Up front, Kitson was so disinterested he didn't even bother to bitch his way through the game moaning at the p*ss-poor officials in his usual self-important manner. 1 goal in 4 games for a promotion chasing team is utterly pathetic, at least we are keeping clean sheets but quite how we manage that with that clumsy oaf Duberry at the back just goes to sum up how absolutely dire this w@nk league is. On the positive side Kelly did ok; never looks 100% certain but he's no worse than that goon who usually plays right back for us. Hahnemann did all that was expected of him. Marek showed some decent touches in his twenty minutes on the park.

The end.

Spot on 5 stars for a real report from a real fan

exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

by exileinleeds » 04 Apr 2009 21:09

Some pure comedy moments.

Probably just as well if we don't go up- we would be more embarrassing than Derby as it stands.

Kelly did well, and next season we are going to need a new manager, any chance that Psycho will give up the England job and come and manage ours?

101 posts