Murts

Royal Spangle

Murts

by Royal Spangle » 14 Apr 2009 20:35

I listened to Murty on BBC radio Berkshire...... :roll: when is he going to wake up , he is Sir Steve's puppet. So much bullshi* I nearly threw the radio out of the window!
What a cock , his tongue is so far up coppels poo pipe. That is all.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Murts

by Southbank Old Boy » 14 Apr 2009 20:39

He cant really come out with anything else though can he?

How many players or managers would come out and say we've blown it and his team doesnt have the bottle or desire to see the job through?

Royal Spangle

by Royal Spangle » 14 Apr 2009 20:40

Did you hear him today ?

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 14 Apr 2009 20:42

Southbank Old Boy He cant really come out with anything else though can he?

How many players or managers would come out and say we've blown it and his team doesnt have the bottle or desire to see the job through?

I loved his comment that, after the Tim Dellor tirade, he (Dellor) would not be seen on the Reading training ground this week! :lol:

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 14 Apr 2009 20:46

Royal Spangle Did you hear him today ?

Heard bits of it

I dont expect him to say anything else though because he has been like that for the last 2 years

He cant admit that there are weaknesses or anything negative, its what makes the show pointless really

Royal Spangle

by Royal Spangle » 14 Apr 2009 20:51

What anoys me is that he keeps saying the players want promotion more than anything ,but cant admit we have been playing shite since x-mas and he says the players are trying their best :shock: ........ and he cant understand why the supporters moan !!! OMG is he thick ?

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular

by glass half full » 14 Apr 2009 21:01

Royal Spangle What anoys me is that he keeps saying the players want promotion more than anything ,but cant admit we have been playing shite since x-mas and he says the players are trying their best :shock: ........ and he cant understand why the supporters moan !!! OMG is he thick ?

If you were a representative, what would you say?

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 14 Apr 2009 21:03

Royal Spangle What anoys me is that he keeps saying the players want promotion more than anything ,but cant admit we have been playing shite since x-mas and he says the players are trying their best :shock: ........ and he cant understand why the supporters moan !!! OMG is he thick ?

I was more pissed off with his comments last week about fans coming out of the woodwork if we get to wembley and where are they now

I was going to call in and ask him where all the players were and if they would turn up for the big day out if we get there

Did he go to Blackpool? Did he go to Coventry?

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 14 Apr 2009 21:05

And just how long would you be in a job if you publicly criticised your manager and colleagues?

What do you people expect? That would be like Jamie Oliver saying in one of his ads that Sainsbury's are shit.

eleventh earl of mar

by eleventh earl of mar » 14 Apr 2009 21:07

Maybe I am mistaken, but you are talking about the same person that a lot of people on here want to be given a job on the coaching staff when his playing days are officially over? (Not that I am one of them).

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 14 Apr 2009 21:10

eleventh earl of mar Maybe I am mistaken, but you are talking about the same person that a lot of people on here want to be given a job on the coaching staff when his playing days are officially over? (Not that I am one of them).

So?

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular

by glass half full » 14 Apr 2009 21:15

eleventh earl of mar Maybe I am mistaken, but you are talking about the same person that a lot of people on here want to be given a job on the coaching staff when his playing days are officially over? (Not that I am one of them).

I am, because I still believe that he is and would be a massive inspiration.

eleventh earl of mar

by eleventh earl of mar » 14 Apr 2009 21:20

Southbank Old Boy

So?

Well if he honestly believes what he has been reported to have said, I for one would not trust that he would be able to do a good job on the coaching staff.

eleventh earl of mar

by eleventh earl of mar » 14 Apr 2009 21:21

glass half full

As I have said before, with that theory, Arsenal fans would have wanted Tony Adams and where would that have got them?

Aly Murty
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Aly Murty » 14 Apr 2009 21:26

No matter what crap he may come out with in the press I for one am sure he will be one of the team's biggest critics behind closed doors. I've seen him in training and he demands so much from himself and the rest of the team, he hates to lose and will let anyone who makes a mistake know in no uncertain terms! He's not stupid but he is the club's mouthpiece every week and needs to try and show a united front, divisions in the camp aren't exactly going to help us now are they?

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular

by glass half full » 14 Apr 2009 21:32

eleventh earl of mar
glass half full

As I have said before, with that theory, Arsenal fans would have wanted Tony Adams and where would that have got them?

Murty is articulate (even if you do not agree with everything that he says). Adams, by contrast, does not come over very well in in terviews and, although one of the great players on the pitch, was never able to match his footballing skills with positive, inspirational comments off the field. That said, I do think that he was left hanging in the breeze at Portsmouth.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 14 Apr 2009 21:35

Let me get this right. Murty is not to be trusted with a coaching role as he toes the party line publicly. Yet Parky would be even if he has hardly pulled up many trees since he has gone into management (Colchester aside). What do you people want?

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 14 Apr 2009 21:35

eleventh earl of mar
Southbank Old Boy

So?

Well if he honestly believes what he has been reported to have said, I for one would not trust that he would be able to do a good job on the coaching staff.

But he probably doesnt

Players and managers talk so much rubbish in the media you cant read too much into it really

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 14 Apr 2009 21:47

Agreed southbank. Sound bites are sound bites. Murts can only go so far in speaking the truth in such a public domain. That is best kept behind the scenes. To motivate anyone you push them but don't destroy them. There's a fine line between motivation and de-motivation. It's really that simple.

yuomi

by yuomi » 14 Apr 2009 21:48

Royal Spangle I listened to Murty on BBC radio Berkshire...... :roll: when is he going to wake up , he is Sir Steve's puppet. So much bullshi* I nearly threw the radio out of the window!
What a cock , his tongue is so far up coppels poo pipe. That is all.

i would imagine if you were interviewed about your bosses opinions by the media youd probably tow a vaguely corporate line as well..? murty is a free thinking fellow but he has been with the club throughout SC's tenure and has seen him manage us to hella better form than we are currently showing right now. you an your reactionary mind and opinion, based on our form since christmas need to have a look at the bigger picture.

foolish.