What's the point in Reading FC getting promoted ?

150 posts
TheMaraudingDog

What's the point in Reading FC getting promoted ?

by TheMaraudingDog » 29 Apr 2009 13:44

Realistically, you'll only get relegated again and if not in the first season, then definitely in the next couple. You won't see anything you haven't seen already. You won't achieve anything better than you achieved before. You're just waiting to get relegated and hopefully then go back up again ?

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

Re: What's the point in Reading FC getting promoted ?

by who are ya? » 29 Apr 2009 13:45

This could be a good one..

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 29 Apr 2009 13:46

TheMaraudingDog Realistically, you'll only get relegated again and if not in the first season, then definitely in the next couple. You won't see anything you haven't seen already. You won't achieve anything better than you achieved before. You're just waiting to get relegated and hopefully then go back up again ?

What's the point of you taking part in the premier league? You'll win it one year and maybe not the next.

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 29 Apr 2009 13:46

Interpret it as a fishing attempt, but try to give me a genuine valid reason and you'll struggle old chap.

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 29 Apr 2009 13:47

Archie's penalty
TheMaraudingDog Realistically, you'll only get relegated again and if not in the first season, then definitely in the next couple. You won't see anything you haven't seen already. You won't achieve anything better than you achieved before. You're just waiting to get relegated and hopefully then go back up again ?

What's the point of you taking part in the premier league? You'll win it one year and maybe not the next.

Exactly, winning something is achieving something. Can Reading realistically expect to win anything ?

Don't try and justify the answer by asking questions back. Give me a constructive answer to the question.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 29 Apr 2009 13:48

For Fulham away, that's about it

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 29 Apr 2009 13:48

TheMaraudingDog Interpret it as a fishing attempt, but try to give me a genuine valid reason and you'll struggle old chap.

I know but if you ask questions like that then what is the point in football altogether? We might as well all give up and go home and collect stamps (not that there is anything wrong with that)... Apart from United of course who will roll on to more and more success backed by capital that isn't theirs in the first place...
Last edited by Archie's penalty on 29 Apr 2009 13:50, edited 1 time in total.

el_presidente

by el_presidente » 29 Apr 2009 13:50

You can watch highlights on Saturday night and don't have to wait until mid-morning Sunday. Alternatively, for Sunday games, highlgihts are Sudnay night and no need to wait until the following week.

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 29 Apr 2009 13:51

TheMaraudingDog Interpret it as a fishing attempt, but try to give me a genuine valid reason and you'll struggle old chap.

Oh I agree, so for that reason, I'm out.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 29 Apr 2009 13:52

TheMaraudingDog
Archie's penalty

Exactly, winning something is achieving something. Can Reading realistically expect to win anything ?

Don't try and justify the answer by asking questions back. Give me a constructive answer to the question.

Isn't winning promotion winning something?

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 29 Apr 2009 13:53

Money .... money .... money. the longer they're in the premier league the more they make and the more chance they have of staying there

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 29 Apr 2009 13:54

Svlad Cjelli Money .... money .... money. the longer they're in the premier league the more they make and the more chance they have of staying there

Only 7 clubs have been in the PL since its inception.

The rest are yo yo clubs, though some will take longer to yo yo than others like Middlesbrough and Newcastle who will eventually yo yo.

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 29 Apr 2009 13:56

So by your logic what's the point of 98% of English football fans supporting their team?

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 29 Apr 2009 13:57

TheMaraudingDog
Svlad Cjelli Money .... money .... money. the longer they're in the premier league the more they make and the more chance they have of staying there

The rest are yo yo clubs, though some will take longer to yo yo than others like Middlesbrough and Newcastle who will eventually yo yo.

There was football before the PL. :roll:

Even Man Utd have been out of the top division.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 29 Apr 2009 13:57

TheMaraudingDog

He/she is right, though - and so are you.

The only way to make any money is in the PL - clubs outside it will wither and die unless there's a change in the way money's distributed, and eventually clubs outside the top 4, with CL money, will wither and die under the current model.

So even yo-yoing is a long term way to stay in existence.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 29 Apr 2009 13:58

No small matter. Premiership money allows to compete at the top of the Championship. No promotion and we end up like Coventry at best, Southampton at worst.

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 29 Apr 2009 13:59

Seal

So by your logic what's the point of 98% of English football fans supporting their team?

I don't know ?

As i said, don't answer the question by counter questions.

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 29 Apr 2009 14:00

Thaumagurist*
TheMaraudingDog

There was football before the PL. :roll:

Even Man Utd have been out of the top division.

And there was a more even playing field before the PL - now there is a monoply thanks to Sky. That won't change.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 29 Apr 2009 14:01

TheMaraudingDog
Seal

I don't know ?

As i said, don't answer the question by counter questions.

Who said that a United fan could come on here and set the rules? (I am not disguising my hatred of the reds here am I?)

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 29 Apr 2009 14:02

Dirk Gently
TheMaraudingDog

He/she is right, though - and so are you.

The only way to make any money is in the PL - clubs outside it will wither and die unless there's a change in the way money's distributed, and eventually clubs outside the top 4, with CL money, will wither and die under the current model.

So even yo-yoing is a long term way to stay in existence.

So in answer to my initial question you are saying that the objective is to stay in existence ? What's the point in spending bundles of cash each year...... to watch your team stay in existence and not better what it has already achieved ?

150 posts