Say Thanks To Coppell Properly Tomorrow

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

Say Thanks To Coppell Properly Tomorrow

by tomrfcurz » 13 May 2009 19:34

I would like to see as many faces as possible at the Mad Stad both before and after the press conference tomorrow much like when he decided to stay, i mean he deserves it, who's in ?

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Say Thanks To Coppell Properly Tomorrow

by Archie's penalty » 13 May 2009 19:37

Good call.

Would be there if I could.

20 page thread people?

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 13 May 2009 19:37

The MVP I would love to go but I think I'm washing my hair then.

why don`t you put it in the washing machine?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 May 2009 19:38

I think if there is a last chance to say thank you, good luck and goodbye it should be taken.

I don't think anyone should or really would go to ask him to stay, but he truely is one of the greats in football, not just for having taken us to unimaginable heights.

If I was in Reading I'd go to wish him well and let him know there's no hard feelings.

IceRoyalsandKDoyles

by IceRoyalsandKDoyles » 13 May 2009 19:38

I love to see Murty get him back to be manager for Murts' testimonial game... even if we've appointed a new manager by then

Would be great to give him a proper send off at the Madejski and for him to leave on a high note

Does anyone know when Murts' testimonial is gonna be?

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

by tomrfcurz » 13 May 2009 19:46

Any definate yes's yet lol ?

Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=8 ... 563&ref=nf

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular
Location: "God is dead"-Nietzsche 1882................."Nietzsche is dead"-God 1900

by Gus the teenage cow » 13 May 2009 19:47

IceRoyalsandKDoyles I love to see Murty get him back to be manager for Murts' testimonial game... even if we've appointed a new manager by then

Would be great to give him a proper send off at the Madejski and for him to leave on a high note

that's a good idea

as for the idea of giving him a grandiose send-off at his resignation press-conference i find it yet another example of the pathetic feeble-minded unambitious grateful-for-anything puppydog mentality that pervades in a significant proportion of our support, give it a rest will you-it's the last thing ssc would want for one thing, he's got more dignity and savvy in his little finger than most of you have in your entire bodies-idiots

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 13 May 2009 19:47

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDet ... 82,00.html

Some lovely tributes to Steve Coppell.

As a young boy, I remember on so many occasions my dad and uncles sat in a pub garden talking about football, and they all said we would never play in the top flight, not in our life time they said.
I hated hearing that. I had dreams, we wouldn't always be little ol' Reading. But they wouldn't hear of it. But you made so many dreams come true. You brought tears to grown mens eyes. You truly are the best manager we have ever had here, and with a lump in my throat, possibly always will be. We're an average sized club with big club dreams, and you gave us a taste of what could be. For three years, we were giants! I wish you all the very best, come back and support us as and when possible. Thank you so much for all you have done. Take care.

Jamie Hinton

Deathy likes this. :cry:

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

by tomrfcurz » 13 May 2009 19:48

Gus the teenage cow
IceRoyalsandKDoyles I love to see Murty get him back to be manager for Murts' testimonial game... even if we've appointed a new manager by then

that's a good idea

as for the idea of giving him a grandiose send-off at his resignation press-conference i find it yet another example of the pathetic feeble-minded unambitious grateful-for-anything puppydog mentality that pervades in a significant proportion of our support, give it a rest will you-it's the last thing ssc would want for one thing, he's got more dignity and savvy in his little finger than most of you have in your entire bodies-idiots

jesus mate, calm no one forces anything to anyone its for people that do wanna say goodbye this way

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular
Location: "God is dead"-Nietzsche 1882................."Nietzsche is dead"-God 1900

by Gus the teenage cow » 13 May 2009 19:52

tomrfcurz
Gus the teenage cow

that's a good idea

jesus mate, calm no one forces anything to anyone its for people that do wanna say goodbye this way

fair enough but no begging for him to stay or don't go bollox, he did great but it's time to move on, show some pride in your club, just saying goodbye to our greatest ever manager is fine but please don't overdo it

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 13 May 2009 19:53

Gus the teenage cow fair enough but no begging for him to stay or don't go bollox, he did great but it's time to move on, show some pride in your club, just saying goodbye to our greatest ever manager is fine but please don't overdo it

Did he ever say he wanted him to stay? Silly Gus go back to AE there's a good kid...

Sorry Gus that was uncalled for...
Last edited by Archie's penalty on 13 May 2009 19:54, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 May 2009 19:54

Gus go back to AE and do your trolling there where you belong.

IceRoyalsandKDoyles

by IceRoyalsandKDoyles » 13 May 2009 19:55

According to http://www.graememurtytestimonial.com/events.htm Murts' testimonial is down for May 2009?!...

If we can get anyone to play us I think May 25th - the play-off final day - would be a good day to hold it

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 13 May 2009 19:56

No one on here has suggested that we ask him to stay, he has done what not many others would have done this season, and taken us close to promotion again. I shall be down at the ground, hoping to say goodbye.

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

by tomrfcurz » 13 May 2009 19:57

Can i make it clear i fully understand Coppell's decision and wish him best of luck and this is what i plan to reflect tomorrow as well as a final goodbye to him, no car park spaces stuff just a plain goodbye and thanks to the man who took us into the prem for the first time in the clubs history

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular

by Gus the teenage cow » 13 May 2009 19:59

Ian Royal Gus go back to AE and do your trolling there where you belong.

i'm not trolling dear ian....but you dear boy always have to invent some bollox if people don't follow your line

don't forget to glue on the sparkly bits to your "i love steve" placard tomorrow ian, like any of this will make a difference to anything, oh i forgot, you're going to a university challenge qualifier instead, best of luck you gluebag
Last edited by Gus the teenage cow on 13 May 2009 20:27, edited 1 time in total.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 13 May 2009 20:08

Gus the teenage cow

i'm not trolling dear ian....but you dear boy always come have to invent some bollox if people don't follow your line

don't forget your to glue on the sparkly bits to your i love steve placard tomorrow ian, like any of this will make a difference to anything, oh i forgot, you're going to a university challenge qualifier instead, best of luck you gluebag

Gus, I note a change of tone in your recent posts. Have you been anally date raped?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 May 2009 20:09

Royal With Cheese
Gus the teenage cow

i'm not trolling dear ian....but you dear boy always come have to invent some bollox if people don't follow your line

don't forget your to glue on the sparkly bits to your i love steve placard tomorrow ian, like any of this will make a difference to anything, oh i forgot, you're going to a university challenge qualifier instead, best of luck you gluebag

Gus, I note a change of tone in your recent posts. Have you been anally date raped?

I certainly hope he has. No more than he deserves.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 13 May 2009 20:11

TOTP

tomrfcurz I would like to see as many faces as possible at the Mad Stad both before and after the press conference tomorrow much like when he decided to stay, i mean he deserves it, who's in ?

I'd love to, but I have a job.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 14 May 2009 07:40

My hearts their - my bodies at work.