Relegation Battle Next Season

T-Rex

Relegation Battle Next Season

by T-Rex » 23 May 2009 19:57

Coppell leaving could break you as a club.

I'm in no positive, happy clappy zone about Argyle's prospects, but I certainly expect to see you lot down with us in the bottom 6 next year.

To be fair, you're a really average club at any level.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

Re: Relegation Battle Next Season

by winchester_royal » 23 May 2009 20:01

LOL, I look forward to revisiting this thread this time next year.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 23 May 2009 20:05

Little maggots catch little fish.

There will still be a very good and experienced core of players here, mixed with youth. We'll all take mid-table for a few years if that's the case. Not too many will be daft enough to think we can better a top six finish at best.

As for Plymouth, you lot just hope to stay in this division each year.

As for club size, you'd swap stadium, facilities, training ground, players, attendances... tomorrow if you could. So what does that make your club? You're just a Crewe, Walsall and Colchester that gave it a go, enjoyed your time at this level but you'll disappear back down the leagues soon enough.

Lol wut.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 23 May 2009 20:06

T-Rex Coppell leaving could break you as a club.

I'm in no positive, happy clappy zone about Argyle's prospects, but I certainly expect to see you lot down with us in the bottom 6 next year.

LOL, poor form.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 23 May 2009 20:10

T-Rex Coppell leaving could break you as a club.

Dunno where you've been and I know it's backward down there, but we didn't go up this year.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 23 May 2009 20:10

T-ROFLex and PLOLymouth ArgyLOLe
Last edited by seahawk10 on 23 May 2009 20:11, edited 2 times in total.

T-Rex

by T-Rex » 23 May 2009 20:11

Deathy As for club size, you'd swap stadium, facilities, training ground, players, attendances... tomorrow if you could. .

I'd swap owners, apart from him I think you're embarrassingly tinpot.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 23 May 2009 20:12

poor form at anyone taking the mick out of Plymouth and their fans, they have more fans than we do, historically and a very good fan base if they move ahead, thye are theNorwich of their area, not much opposition at their size, would love to see them get a 30k stadium like ours, i am sure they could easily fill it at a high level, similar to Norwich selling 18k ST yet again.

Have always like d Plymouth, we have many links over the yearsm Andy Rogers, Lee Hodges and a few more.

And I loved the way they allowed us to win after being three down!!! :wink:

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 23 May 2009 20:13

T-Rex
Deathy As for club size, you'd swap stadium, facilities, training ground, players, attendances... tomorrow if you could. .

I'd swap owners, apart from him I think you're embarrassingly tinpot.

There speaks the voice of jealousy! :lol:

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 23 May 2009 20:18

T-Rex To be fair, you're a really average club at any level.

:lol:

This makes no real sense whatsoever.

You sound a little sad and rather desperate. Cheer up eh, it's only football afterall!

T-Rex

by T-Rex » 23 May 2009 20:20

The 17 Bus poor form at anyone taking the mick out of Plymouth and their fans, they have more fans than we do, historically and a very good fan base if they move ahead, thye are theNorwich of their area, not much opposition at their size, would love to see them get a 30k stadium like ours, i am sure they could easily fill it at a high level, similar to Norwich selling 18k ST yet again.

Have always like d Plymouth, we have many links over the yearsm Andy Rogers, Lee Hodges and a few more.

And I loved the way they allowed us to win after being three down!!! :wink:

You're the best poster on here.

I enjoyed Glenn Little's chip a few seasons ago.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 23 May 2009 20:22

T-Rex You're the best poster on here.

I enjoyed Glenn Little's chip a few seasons ago.

that's cos I live the Teenage Dream sir

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 23 May 2009 20:23

Got to laugh at this thread. Being jealous of a club is one thing but coming on that clubs forum and showing it is just embarrassing.

I honestly cannot see us being anywhere near Plymouth next season - we will be playoff bound if we choose the right manager.

They have a good catchment given the teams in the South West. I have family in Cornwall though and I hear Truro will soon be bigger than Plymouth.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 23 May 2009 20:31

Anyone that thinks Reading will be challenging for the play-offs next season needs their head checked..

I cant see much wrong with the opening post TBF, we will struggle now Coppell has gone

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 23 May 2009 20:34

The whole year inn Anyone that thinks Reading will be challenging for the play-offs next season needs their head checked..

I cant see much wrong with the opening post TBF, we will struggle now Coppell has gone

Indeed, but not bottom 6. There will still be some very good players here, and the likes of Pearce and Karacan slip in so well, we'll be a decent mid-table side.

T-Rex

by T-Rex » 23 May 2009 20:41

Deathy
The whole year inn Anyone that thinks Reading will be challenging for the play-offs next season needs their head checked..

Indeed, but not bottom 6. There will still be some very good players here, and the likes of Pearce and Karacan slip in so well, we'll be a decent mid-table side.

Look at Norwich since they parted ways with Worthington.

Alarm bells MUST be ringing. :mrgreen:

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 23 May 2009 20:42

Deathy

Indeed, but not bottom 6.

if not, then it will be pretty close

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 23 May 2009 20:46

We will be fine. Why all the negativity?

We will have a very good squad next year and will give anyone a game.

Lets wait and see.....

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 23 May 2009 20:48

Many were wrong about this season, mid table, no chance of the play offs, well despite all the shite Coppell took us to 4th, i will be having abet that we do not achieve that next season, but hey it's ok we will be upward despite going backwards.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 23 May 2009 20:59

The 17 Bus Many were wrong about this season, mid table, no chance of the play offs, well despite all the shite Coppell took us to 4th, i will be having abet that we do not achieve that next season, but hey it's ok we will be upward despite going backwards.

The club has a fresh start feeling around at the moment. A new era. I think if we see a lot of the kids come through and mix it up with some experienced players - Harper, Stretch, Rosenior, Gunnarsson, N.Hunt... then we'll be a decent side, but a mid-table side, and I think that would be very pleasing!

So much hinges on the new manager. If we get Curbs, suddenly expectation levels increase. If we get someone less exciting, then I think the above very much applies.