19%
Andersen
2%

Total votes: 131
SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

Federici, Hamer or Andersen?

by SteveRoyal » 18 Jun 2009 19:27

Who would you prefer between the sticks next season? (Permitting we don't sign another goalie)

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Federici, Hamer or Andersen?

by Royalee » 18 Jun 2009 19:33

Federici to begin with, but I haven't seen much of Hamer and I like what I've heard about him. Not too sure on Andersen, but it'll be interesting this season, that's for sure.

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 18 Jun 2009 19:34

Royalee, I always get confused between our avatars. Neither of us should change.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 18 Jun 2009 19:36

They are both excellent avatars to be fair.

bootboy

by bootboy » 18 Jun 2009 19:39

Federici with Hamer as no2. Get Anderson out on loan to gain his experience. How about Brentford, they will be looking for a keeper now Hamer has signed.

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

by leww_rfc » 18 Jun 2009 19:50

bootboy Federici with Hamer as no2. Get Anderson out on loan to gain his experience. How about Brentford, they will be looking for a keeper now Hamer has signed.

greed' , i think Federici's proven that hes a good enough keeper in this division(and goal scorer :lol:)

Hamer i think is a good number 2 keeper to have and has over 100 career appearances for a keeper at such a young age.(i think thats pretty good, plus the fact that he got the golden glove last season in league 2 :wink:)

and yep Andersen out on loan would be a good move to get him some league experience rather than waiting for CCC games and playing for the reserves.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Jun 2009 20:06

Bit of a no brainer if you ask me. as the poll suggests

Wizard
Hob Nob Addict

by Wizard » 18 Jun 2009 20:19

Gotta be Federici for now. Let's see how Hamer gets on, maybe Federici will pick up an injury and then Hamer can keep him out of the team.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 18 Jun 2009 20:22

I think Federici is the best thing to happen to Ben Hamer. Fed will be rumbled in no time. Far too inconsistent, very unconvincing in commanding his area and Hamer actually has a lot more experience and playing time. Fed is also weak as hell when low to his left. No convinced at all and really wish he was off on his way with someone else coming in to challenge Hamer and Anderson.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 18 Jun 2009 20:44

Didn't Hamer once play half a game for Reading a few years ago when Hahnemann got injured during a game or something like that - seem to remember it was against Stoke. Or am I completely wrong and confusing him with someone else?

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 18 Jun 2009 20:45

Royalwaster Didn't Hamer once play half a game for Reading a few years ago when Hahnemann got injured during a game or something like that - seem to remember it was against Stoke. Or am I completely wrong and confusing him with someone else?

That was Jamie Young who's now at Wycombe.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 18 Jun 2009 21:48

I've not seen enough of Hamer, so at the moment I would say Feds. Andersen needs a season on loan elsewhere.

Darren Caskey's Dietician
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Darren Caskey's Dietician » 18 Jun 2009 22:27

None of them.

Feds is good cover, I don't think he's good enough to be our number one.

Hamer looks like he has talent, but I would like him to get a season in League 1 before starting for us.

Personally, I'd like us to either get a young talent in on loan, or get Ashdown back.

Stooper
Hob Nob Regular

by Stooper » 18 Jun 2009 23:25

Royalee
Royalwaster Didn't Hamer once play half a game for Reading a few years ago when Hahnemann got injured during a game or something like that - seem to remember it was against Stoke. Or am I completely wrong and confusing him with someone else?

Who to me, is still a very good goalkeeper. Don't understand why his chances are so limited at the Chairboys. Could be another Cox, and prove himself higher, given the opportunity.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 18 Jun 2009 23:48

Darren Caskey's Dietician None of them.

Hamer looks like he has talent, but I would like him to get a season in League 1 before starting for us.

Personally, I'd like us to either get a young talent in on loan, or get Ashdown back.

I'm not sure how you can fail to rate Federici, when you would welcome back Ashdown, who was no more or less consistent or able than the Aussie.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 18 Jun 2009 23:58

Stooper
Royalee

Who to me, is still a very good goalkeeper. Don't understand why his chances are so limited at the Chairboys. Could be another Cox, and prove himself higher, given the opportunity.

Because he's too small and flaps and makes poor decisions. Technically a good keeper but technical keepers aren't always the best - see Cech and Schmeichel.

Darren Caskey's Dietician
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Darren Caskey's Dietician » 19 Jun 2009 00:11

cmonurz

I'm not sure how you can fail to rate Federici, when you would welcome back Ashdown, who was no more or less consistent or able than the Aussie.

How can I rate Feds as a first choice? I don't see it as coincidence that almost as soon as Ivar was injured, and he actually had to do something other than distribute the ball when Ivar headed it back/cut out the attacking threat, he started conceding. His positioning is bad, and he will leak a lot of goals.

On the plus side, his distribution is awesome, but even that became suspect when the opposing managers cottoned on and made a striker stick to him.

Don't get me wrong, if all we want is to be an average team, then fine, he will do well, but I don't see him keeping enough clean sheets to add real value to our team, and clean sheets are the most important thing a keeper can offer.

As for Ashdown, that remark was slightly tongue in cheek, and you're right, there probably wasn't a huge amount of difference. However. he's made 36 Premier League appearances, nearly as many as Federici in his entire career, which speaks for itself.

All I'm saying, and I honest to god hope I am made to eat my words if he is #1, but I don't think he is good enough to be our #1 if we are seriously going to target promotion.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 19 Jun 2009 08:37

cmonurz

Personally disagree. Ashdown for me has wasted a lot of years and talent by going to Portsmouth, good ol agents. When he came into the side in 03/04 he was absolutely outstandingin every area. Command of the box, kicking, made saves, decision making, he was superb. Had he stayed with us and been number 1 for a few years and really progressed then I truly believe he was England material. He'd probably have been sold to someone decent for a fair few million £'s.

I'd still welcome him back with open arms. I agree with DCD completely on his assesment of Federici I think he'll probably be ok next year but no better than that, seriosly I think some of you are going to be in for a shock and will actually realise how good and consistant Hahnemann was, took him for granted I think.

I like the sound of Hamer, the only game i've seen him play was when Brentford were on the telly at Havant, he had a very good game, he's won player of the year awards already, been a part of a championship winning team with the best defense so sounds very promising. I'd like to see him given a go in the cups to start with and then maybe look to take over.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 19 Jun 2009 08:42

Given that we now have a new manager without any preconceptions of players, I don't think Federici will have the automatic advantage that some people seem to think. Hamer, from what I have seen and heard, is an exceptionally talented goalkeeper, and is much more experienced than Fed in terms of competitive football.

At the end of the day, it will all come down to how they perform in pre-season.

Glen Little's Nose
Location: Watching Adam Miller dive nose first into the West Stand!

by Glen Little's Nose » 19 Jun 2009 08:55

the best technically is alex mccarthy but he needs to develop physically.