Sshh! It's how we operate.

246 posts
Cookie

Sshh! It's how we operate.

by Cookie » 07 Jul 2009 14:07

Start by taking a quick look at the Coca Cola Championship page on the BBC website and you'll see that everone who's anybody in The Championship (and those who are not) are all in a frenzy of activity preparing for the new season. There is activity everywhere.

Even Blackpool! And they're close to signing Charlie Adam from Rangers, a player The Chronicle believed that we were on the verge of snapping up.

Wakey-wakey Reading.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/default.stm

zummerset

Re: Sshh! It's how we operate.

by zummerset » 07 Jul 2009 14:15

Mr Mad has locked Brendon in the basement whilst he hides his wallet and £6.5 mill

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 07 Jul 2009 14:17

Money's all gone.
80+ page dossiers don't come cheap you know.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 07 Jul 2009 14:21

No money available, years of selling, premiership transfer fees for doyle, shorey, kitson,etc. Parachute payments and TV money as well. Don't dare invest that though, we wouldn't want to do a leeds now would we guys?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 07 Jul 2009 14:23

Cookie Start by taking a quick look at the Coca Cola Championship page on the BBC website and you'll see that everone who's anybody in The Championship (and those who are not) are all in a frenzy of activity preparing for the new season. There is activity everywhere.

Even Blackpool! And they're close to signing Charlie Adam from Rangers, a player The Chronicle believed that we were on the verge of snapping up.

Wakey-wakey Reading.

LOL - how do we get into Europe without buying some more players? :roll:

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 07 Jul 2009 14:27

lolz @ Europe BROFLendon

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 07 Jul 2009 14:46

FiNeRaIn No money available, years of selling, premiership transfer fees for doyle, shorey, kitson,etc. Parachute payments and TV money as well. Don't dare invest that though, we wouldn't want to do a leeds now would we guys?

:roll:

finerain

the new royalee

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 07 Jul 2009 14:48

Maguire lolz @ Europe BROFLendon
Greed. How dare m8s manager show ambition.

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 07 Jul 2009 14:51

Royal Lady
Cookie Start by taking a quick look at the Coca Cola Championship page on the BBC website and you'll see that everone who's anybody in The Championship (and those who are not) are all in a frenzy of activity preparing for the new season. There is activity everywhere.

Wakey-wakey Reading.

LOL - how do we get into Europe without buying some more players? :roll:

Long term aim, darlin'.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 07 Jul 2009 14:54

I know I am biting and this thread is full of sarcasm but get a grip guys.

The players only came back this week. I am sure that BR wants to see what he has before making a knee jerk reaction. I am sure we will have 4 or 5 new players on board by the end of September. If not you have every right to criticise but apart from Cardiff and Sheff Unt there has not exactly been a lot of activity so far.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 07 Jul 2009 14:58

I shalln't be commenting before the start of the season, by which point I expect us to have acquired a few decent players anyway. No rush.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 07 Jul 2009 15:03

You have a strange definition of 'frenzy', I must say.

Why are people geting so worked up about the supposed lack of transfer activity this early in July? It defies logic.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 07 Jul 2009 16:30

How many other clubs have had a complete overhaul of their backroom staff this summer?

Toon Toon Blue army

by Toon Toon Blue army » 07 Jul 2009 17:23

LOLz at the 'tight budget'. Where the f*ck has all the money gone? No ambition shown from the club, no ambition shown from me = no season ticket renewal.

Simples.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Jul 2009 17:24

We also know from Rodgers that we have targets and are pursuing them. As ever, not in the media.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 07 Jul 2009 17:26

Anybody who was expecting us to have bought players in at this point following all the changes to the backroom this summer, really needs a reality check.

New manager will have irons in the fire but will also want to have a decent look at what he already has - he will of course have had an idea but he's just had the squad back - any moves in that we make will start from next week at the earliest.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 07 Jul 2009 19:12

andrew1957 I know I am biting and this thread is full of sarcasm but get a grip guys.

The players only came back this week. I am sure that BR wants to see what he has before making a knee jerk reaction. I am sure we will have 4 or 5 new players on board by the end of September. If not you have every right to criticise but apart from Cardiff and Sheff Unt there has not exactly been a lot of activity so far.

Maybe getting them on board by end August when the transfer window closes might be better

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 07 Jul 2009 19:33

Ian Royal We also know from Rodgers that we have targets and are pursuing them. As ever, not in the media.

Well, apart from Tommy "It's one that I'm hopeful we can tie up soon" Smith, of course ...

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 07 Jul 2009 19:37

andrew1957 I am sure we will have 4 or 5 new players on board by the end of September. If not you have every right to criticise but apart from Cardiff and Sheff Unt there has not exactly been a lot of activity so far.

And each year we have someone telling us exactly the same thing! It's going to be alright. And for the last two years 'It's going to be alright' has meant relegation from the PL and a failure to bounce back. IIRC Birmingham were pretty active this time last year and look what happened to them!

Mad Dog's Ghost

by Mad Dog's Ghost » 07 Jul 2009 20:34

I thought from title that this was going to be a thread reassuring me that we do things on the quiet and that our transfer activities go under the radar. And that everything is going to be alright. But I read on and you're scaring the crap out of me and saying that Blackpool are more ambitious than us.

Please title threads more accurately. Thanks.

246 posts