Nas Bashir

11 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Nas Bashir

by Royal Lady » 18 Jul 2009 12:48

Can't see this on any other threads - but apologies if it's a Dodd

Nas Bashir has left the club but would not be drawn on his reasons for leaving. I wonder if he doesn't get on with Brendan? The EP credits him with developing the likes of Karacan, Pearce, Henry, Kelly and Church. Seeing as the youngsters appear to be our future - who will take his place?

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

Re: Nas Bashir

by Row Z Royal » 18 Jul 2009 14:42

Royal Lady who will take his place?

Rodgers.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 18 Jul 2009 14:44

I think she meant for future kids coming through, not kids that have come through and are now in or on the fringes of the first team...

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 18 Jul 2009 14:55

Naz was just one of the many academy coaches, so can't see that replacing him will be a big issue.

He left a month or so ago and as I understand it there was no big fallout, just a desire to refresh a few areas.

peeping bernal

by peeping bernal » 18 Jul 2009 15:11

if it someone who fits the Reading mould then look no further than Adie Williams,reserve coach at Swinedon (unless they have sacked him for his conviction) and known by Hammond and Rodgers.

As far as Nas Bashir, a young coach who is highly spoken of in the game and has joined up with England U21 and Northern Ireland in recent months maybe he felt it was time to step up from being with the academy and in the reshuffle was not promoted/moved and with his old boss getting a new job at the biggest club in southern europe ( in there fans minds anyway) maybe AP has offered him something there as the timing is is right. i.E Pardew appointed Thursday and the following day NB departs saying nothing yet and Pardews old assistants who came from Reading are all still in jobs.

Had it been a clash of personality with BR then I think he would of been moved on when the reshuffle was carried out.

Anyway in football gossip 2+2=5 normaly. Goodluck anyway in whatever he does as he has helped in giving us this great crop of youngsters coming through.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 18 Jul 2009 15:50

peeping bernal
Pardew appointed Thursday and the following day NB departs saying nothing yet and Pardews old assistants who came from Reading are all still in jobs.

Had it been a clash of personality with BR then I think he would of been moved on when the reshuffle was carried out.

As mentioned above Naz left some time ago, not yesterday and it was a management decision.

No hint of bad things on either side that I've heard, just a rejigging of people.

I wonder if Kevin Dillon will appear at Southampton ?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Jul 2009 21:55

peeping bernal if it someone who fits the Reading mould then look no further than Adie Williams,reserve coach at Swinedon (unless they have sacked him for his conviction)
Adie has signed as a player for Andy Gurneys' Weston Super Mare

http://www.westonsupermareafc.co.uk/news.asp

663 - 26/06/2009

Weston pull off Williams signing coup

Blue Square Conference South side Weston-super-Mare have pulled off a signing coup with the capture of experienced defender Adrian Williams.

Centre-Back Williams joins the Seagulls following his departure from Swindon Town.

Reading born Adie, 37 started his career with the Royals as a youngster at the Elm Park Centre of Excellence and holds legend status with the Supporters of the Berkshire side after making 333 appearances for the club and scoring 18 goals as well as Captaining the side and spending a spell as caretaker Manager. He was also voted by Reading supporters on the Official Club Website as the best ever centre back to have represented the club and selected in the best ever Reading 11.

As well as the Royals Adie made 28 appearances in the Old Gold of Wolverhampton Wanderers, 35 appearances in the Sky Blue of Coventry City, 12 appearances for the Lions of Millwall and represented Wales on 13 occasions.

He joined Swindon Town in the Summer of 2006 and made 28 appearances at the County Ground including two spells as Caretaker Manager before deciding to bring the curtain down on a 19 year professional career in May 2008.

Williams has since been a First Team Coach for the Robins

Not a bad choice tho' peeps

peeping bernal

by peeping bernal » 19 Jul 2009 00:37

Seems his contract was terminated after his wife beating court case but there is nothing on the STFC WEBSHITE about him leaving. So you could say CRCBAP (criminal record could be a problem), but then with the youth of today a man who would dish out a good beating may keep them in line.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 19 Jul 2009 05:53

Anyone else remember Naz's only goal for us v Chester back in about 1989. Wasn't that also his only start for us?

AF1
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Ya got guns, got guns too, what up son, do you wanna battle for cash and see who Sun Tzu?

by AF1 » 22 Jul 2009 12:41

Quit coz he wanted the managers job

/fact

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 22 Jul 2009 12:46

Barry the bird boggler Anyone else remember Naz's only goal for us v Chester back in about 1989. Wasn't that also his only start for us?

If so, FFS don't tell Snowball. That's make Nas our best striker ever, statistically.

11 posts   •   Page 1 of 1