Matejovsky

166 posts
robb the royal

Matejovsky

by robb the royal » 19 Aug 2009 10:10

Does anyone know why Matejovsky isn't in the squad for league games at the moment? I know he played in the carling/league/milk/coca-cola cup for us but he isn't even on the bench for league games. Is he fully fit, my guess would be he is as he played 90 minutes in the cup but then if he is fit surely he should be on the bench during the league?

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Matejovsky

by Scarface » 19 Aug 2009 10:11

He's being sold...sorry the official statement is he's injured.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 19 Aug 2009 10:13

robb the royal Does anyone know why Matejovsky isn't in the squad for league games at the moment? I know he played in the carling/league/milk/coca-cola cup for us but he isn't even on the bench for league games. Is he fully fit, my guess would be he is as he played 90 minutes in the cup but then if he is fit surely he should be on the bench during the league?

Burton Albion are not even remotely comparable to even Swansea or Forest?

I'd like to see where he fits in, if at all.

I was there at Elm Park

by I was there at Elm Park » 19 Aug 2009 10:14

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDet ... 24,00.html

Still suffering from a groin injury. If fit he needs to come in on Saturday.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 19 Aug 2009 10:32

Not good news there about Bignall

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Aug 2009 12:58

He was struggling with an injury and took a heavy knock against Burton as well iirc. Burton was essentially a pre-season game so not comparable to a league match.

Marek is not the fittest or most athletic anyway. It's doubtful Rodgers will play him until he's sure he's at top fitness.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 19 Aug 2009 13:00

Ian Royal He was struggling with an injury and took a heavy knock against Burton as well iirc. Burton was essentially a pre-season game so not comparable to a league match.

Marek is not the fittest or most athletic anyway. It's doubtful Rodgers will play him until he's sure he's at top fitness.
Lolz - how do you work that one out then? And if only we treated our cup games as comparable to league matches, we might go further. :|

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 19 Aug 2009 13:05

Royal Lady
Ian Royal He was struggling with an injury and took a heavy knock against Burton as well iirc. Burton was essentially a pre-season game so not comparable to a league match.

Lolz - how do you work that one out then? And if only we treated our cup games as comparable to league matches, we might go further. :|

He's certainly no atheltic runner like a Harper, Sidwell, Hughes, Karacan or Davies.

Can you not tell that from the way he was often blowing out his arse last season?

His game is all about technique and ability on the ball. He might be deceptively fit, but I can recall a number of times, especially early on in his Reading days, where he'd run around frantically trying to impress for 5 or 10 minutes and then look shattered.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 19 Aug 2009 13:05

Royal Lady And if only we treated our cup games as comparable to league matches, we might go further. :|

Please explain? Are you saying the new management treat the league cup as sir steve did?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 19 Aug 2009 13:35

Deathy
Royal Lady And if only we treated our cup games as comparable to league matches, we might go further. :|

Please explain? Are you saying the new management treat the league cup as sir steve did?
Can't comment as we've only played one cup game under Rodgers, but Ian states the cup game didn't count as it was more like a pre-season game, which alludes to him thinking that Rodgers indeed treated that cup game as not very important. HTH

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 19 Aug 2009 13:40

And if you did comment you would only get called names again

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 19 Aug 2009 13:41

No, it alludes to the fact that Burton-Albion have only just entered the professional football pyramid and are no better than any of the teams we tonked in pre-season.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 19 Aug 2009 13:42

we might have tonked Burton if we had played our strongest team

oh

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 19 Aug 2009 13:44

Harpers So Solid Crew And if you did comment you would only get called names again
Well quite. I try and ask questions, I have my own opinions, some people agree, many disagree - doesn't bother me, but it DOES bother me when people have to resort to infering I have no intelligence just because I don't agree with what they say. :roll:

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 19 Aug 2009 13:44

I was there at Elm Park http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10306~1758124,00.html

Still suffering from a groin injury. If fit he needs to come in on Saturday.

Agreed.

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

by wolsey » 19 Aug 2009 13:44

Deathy

Yes. Before the Burton game Rodgers said on the OS

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10306~1750473,00.html

"I want to be strong in the league, and I want to be strong in the FA Cup...but the Carling Cup gives us the possibility to adapt and change the team to give younger players the opportunity."

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 19 Aug 2009 13:49

Hoop Blah
Royal Lady

He's certainly no atheltic runner like a Harper, Sidwell, Hughes, Karacan or Davies.

Can you not tell that from the way he was often blowing out his arse last season?

His game is all about technique and ability on the ball. He might be deceptively fit, but I can recall a number of times, especially early on in his Reading days, where he'd run around frantically trying to impress for 5 or 10 minutes and then look shattered.

He's also rumoured to be one of the slacker trainers. That's fine if you're naturally athletic like Harper – who stills trains harder than most, but worrying if not. Stephen Hunt was a great example of a player improving their natural physique, through intensive training.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 19 Aug 2009 13:50

Well Marek must be doing something right if he's an international. I just LOL at the way Ian Royal also states stuff as if it's fact, when mainly it's just his opinion.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 19 Aug 2009 14:11

Royal Lady Can't comment as we've only played one cup game under Rodgers, but Ian states the cup game didn't count as it was more like a pre-season game, which alludes to him thinking that Rodgers indeed treated that cup game as not very important. HTH

Can't comment? But you did? I'm confused!

Royal Lady
Harpers So Solid Crew And if you did comment you would only get called names again
Well quite. I try and ask questions, I have my own opinions, some people agree, many disagree - doesn't bother me, but it DOES bother me when people have to resort to infering I have no intelligence just because I don't agree with what they say. :roll:

I'm not purposely having a pop at you today RL, but you've generally not been asking questions, you've been making statements of your opinion which in quite a few cases this morning have been pretty wide of the mark and totally unfounded.

I for one have just been pointing them out for you, then you've gone off on a bit of a tangent trying to hide from the fact you've made a totally incorrect and unfounded criticism of the club/manager (much like your husband would actually).

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 19 Aug 2009 14:48

I don't think that my criticisms are unfounded at all. That's just where we differ. That's all. We'll all have to wait and see whether Rodgers is the new Messiah or just a naughty boy weren't we.

166 posts