What Happened to Plan B?

Sir Dodger Royal
Location: Cyberspace - pulling the strings. You know it makes sense.

What Happened to Plan B?

by Sir Dodger Royal » 01 Sep 2009 19:18

Hello Boys
I see that Reading (BR & Co) are all talk and no action.

So what did happen to Plan B? By their own admission the Pole and the Watford has been were already in the pipeline and Brenda was going to spend £2 million on bringing in a replacements for Tommy Smith. Unless I am very much mistaken we lost three players and gained Irishman on a four month deal which has a recall after one month has expired. THAT'S A SOUND STRATEGY. What a joke this Club has become.

No wonder we were relegated from the Premiership. I note that Stoke have invested £12 million in their second season and even Hull have spent more this year than Reading spent in two seasons in the Premiership.

No doubt the RTGs have some b******s to justify this immense negative approach is sound management to running a football club. I can't wait for Nicky (my b0*****s haven't dropped) Hammond to say how close we came but just couldn't quite pull off the deal.

Still we now have the opportunity to loan crocked players for short term deals so that we can get them fit for their real teams. Frankly there is little hope for this Club. Going one way and it is not to the promised Land.

Real Facts from the Main Man. You know it makes sense.

Grab a Pizza it's more exciting than watching the Royals. Plus you don't get ripped off for buying a season Ticketttttttttttt.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

Re: What Happened to Plan B?

by Platypuss » 01 Sep 2009 19:24

Sir Dodger Royal gained an Irishman on a four month deal which has a recall after one month has expired. THAT'S A SOUND STRATEGY. .

Thicky - it's not an emergency loan.

Xavier Onassis

by Xavier Onassis » 01 Sep 2009 19:24

What are you wittering about?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 01 Sep 2009 19:29

It would appear that RFC and their defenders have been hoisted with their own petards.

They denied that Rasiak and McAnuff were panic reactions to the Smith loss fiasco and did state that missing out on him would enable us to get two or other three players they were after.

So where the **ck are those players or has the plight of the emperor's other businesses meant that cloth has to be cut even more savagely at RFC?

Platypuss
Sir Dodger Royal gained an Irishman on a four month deal which has a recall after one month has expired. THAT'S A SOUND STRATEGY. .

And in reality what is the difference between the two? The emergency loan rules make the transfer window an even bigger farce!
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 01 Sep 2009 19:30, edited 1 time in total.

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 01 Sep 2009 19:29

Sir Dodger Royal Hello Boys

So what did happen to Plan B? By their own admission the Pole and the Watford has been were already in the pipeline and Brenda was going to spend £2 million on bringing in a replacements for Tommy Smith. Unless I am very much mistaken we lost three players and gained Irishman on a four month deal which has a recall after one month has expired. THAT'S A SOUND STRATEGY. What a joke this Club has become.

No wonder we were relegated from the Premiership. I note that Stoke have invested £12 million in their second season and even Hull have spent more this year than Reading spent in two seasons in the Premiership.

No doubt the RTGs have some b******s to justify this immense negative approach is sound management to running a football club. I can't wait for Nicky (my b0*****s haven't dropped) Hammond to say how close we came but just couldn't quite pull off the deal.

Still we now have the opportunity to loan crocked players for short term deals so that we can get them fit for their real teams. Frankly there is little hope for this Club. Going one way and it is not to the promised Land.

Grab a Pizza it's more exciting than watching the Royals. Plus you don't get ripped off for buying a season Ticketttttttttttt.

FU.CK OF YOU MISERABLE CU.NT AND GO SUPPORT SWINDON

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 01 Sep 2009 19:31

londinium
Sir Dodger Royal Hello Boys

FU.CK OF YOU MISERABLE CU.NT AND GO SUPPORT SWINDON

Is that addressed at the Chairman? !

He certainly seemed a miserable C in that recent programme!

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 01 Sep 2009 19:33

RoyalBlue
Platypuss

And in reality what is the difference between the two? The emergency loan rules make the transfer window an even bigger farce!

Emergency loans are for a maximum of 90 days, for starters. Half-season and full-season loans can be longer (well duh) and have no callback.

Sir Dodger Royal

by Sir Dodger Royal » 01 Sep 2009 19:50

Thank you for your kind words. RTGs are such charming folk. Such a lovely turn of phrase.

Watch out young man as you could be Dodgered very soon. That will be a day for you to relish.

Your day will comeeeeeeeee

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Sep 2009 19:51

I think you need some pretty heavy duty councilling Dodge.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 01 Sep 2009 20:09

Sir Dodger Royal

Tiocfaidh ár lá ??

Sir Dodger Royal

by Sir Dodger Royal » 01 Sep 2009 20:20

So will Mr Howard be our saviour? Or do you reckon Nicky Hammond's paperwork has got screwed up?

If he has signed is he the creative midfielder to make the Royals tick and save us from relegation?

He has failed to impress at Sheffield Utd having scored four goals in 38 games. Hardly a replacement for Tommy Smith but is being described as a make weight in the swap deal for James Harper.

yuomi

by yuomi » 01 Sep 2009 20:26

FiNeRaIn
Sir Dodger Royal

Tiocfaidh ár lá ??

you, sir, are an veritable smorgasboard of contradiction.... :wink:

anyway, deadline passes and i still dont see that anything we have been promised as fans has happened. wasnt BR talking confidently as recently as last week about 4-5 new faces? in addition, iirc, to those of the pole and mcduff?

im not angry.

im just really really disappointed....

Xavier Onassis

by Xavier Onassis » 01 Sep 2009 20:28

Just about the entire team is new faces compared to the last few years. How much change do you need?

yuomi

by yuomi » 01 Sep 2009 20:36

Xavier Onassis Just about the entire team is new faces compared to the last few years. How much change do you need?

playing 'youngsters' who are actually just not very good players doesnt constitute a step forward....im not blaming BR for the fact that what hes got to work with a is pretty ropey, im sure hes doing the best he can...but systematically carving the engine room out of a team without having the spares on hand to replace it is not progress. especially if you then pipe up, following a very public shambles of a xfer failure endemic of whats wrong with the club, and say 'its ok its ok, that was silly. but dont worry, ive got 4-5 people to come before next tuesday night. we'll be fine.' (fwiw, that was a paraphrase, i know he didnt say that) and succeed in bringing in an irish defender on loan for four months?!?

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 01 Sep 2009 20:45

Sir Dodger Royal I note that Stoke have invested £12 million in their second season and even Hull have spent more this year than Reading spent in two seasons in the Premiership.

£18.5m isn't it?

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 01 Sep 2009 20:50

Sir Dodger Royal Thank you for your kind words. RTGs are such charming folk. Such a lovely turn of phrase.

Watch out young man as you could be Dodgered very soon. That will be a day for you to relish.

It is basically all you and your posts deserve. It is also what most posters on here think but can't really be arsed to post.

Try posting something positive after a few win and you may get a little respect... Although I doubt you will deserve it.

Ian Herring

by Ian Herring » 01 Sep 2009 20:58

Dear Sir Dodger Royal.

Or whomever you may be in real life. (I dread to think.)

Do you think the club is run as it is as a malicious attempt to relieve as many people of as much money as possible for no other reason than financial gain?

Or do you think they may have at least some of the passion and interest that we, as supporters, also have. (Sub-clause: it may not be as much as ours, but it does in fact exist, if you bothered to make the acquaintance of some behind the scenes.)

Discuss.

Preferably without keeping your finger stuck on one key of the keyboard.

Please feel free to enter in to some educated debate.

Once were Biscuitmen

by Once were Biscuitmen » 01 Sep 2009 20:59

On balance I prefer his Thou Voice incarnation, or West Stand Flash, or Stryker or any of the other log ins the massive mentalist cultivates.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 01 Sep 2009 21:25

Sir Dodger Royal No doubt the RTGs have some b******s to justify this immense negative approach is sound management to running a football club. I can't wait for Nicky (my b0*****s haven't dropped) Hammond to say how close we came but just couldn't quite pull off the deal.

LOL @ being scared to type bastards and bollocks. :lol:

Plymouth_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Plymouth_Royal » 01 Sep 2009 21:25

yuomi
Xavier Onassis Just about the entire team is new faces compared to the last few years. How much change do you need?

playing 'youngsters' who are actually just not very good players doesnt constitute a step forward....im not blaming BR for the fact that what hes got to work with a is pretty ropey, im sure hes doing the best he can...but systematically carving the engine room out of a team without having the spares on hand to replace it is not progress. especially if you then pipe up, following a very public shambles of a xfer failure endemic of whats wrong with the club, and say 'its ok its ok, that was silly. but dont worry, ive got 4-5 people to come before next tuesday night. we'll be fine.' (fwiw, that was a paraphrase, i know he didnt say that) and succeed in bringing in an irish defender on loan for four months?!?

As opposed to the more experienced players that have got us relegated and failed to perform for the past 2 seasons. You talk about carving the engine out of a team, well i'm glad we've taken apart a rusty old piece of junk that has sent our team crashing from the premiership highway and into a championship ditch. These youngsters have finally been given a chance and have played a handful of games for us in a brand new system and style of football. As for the 4 or 5 signings, BR has been open with us from the off and he probably did have offers for these numbers of players. Obviously that target hasn't been met but I do appreciate the enthusiasm and ambition from someone trying to rebuild a new team. For you to write them off so early is slightly short sighted IMO. Sometimes you need 1 step back before you go 2 steps forward.