40%
No
60%

Total votes: 158
Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

Post QPR: Should Rodgers remain?

by Man Friday » 21 Oct 2009 09:00

We had a poll like this but that was about ten days ago. Then, it was about 60-40 against Rodgers (probably that was what he was referring to when he said last night that half the fans supported him). We've also got a poll asking whther he will be sacked. That is different to whether he should go or whether we want him to go. Some fans still seem to support him so I'm wondering what proportion now want him to go. So I ask the question, post QPR, should Brendan Rodgers remain as Reading FC Manager. Simple 'Yes' or 'No'. You don't need to comment.

The Knitting Circle

Re: Post QPR: Should Rodgers remain?

by The Knitting Circle » 21 Oct 2009 09:03

play him right back

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 21 Oct 2009 09:04

For me it's simple - win against Leicester and he stays. Anything less and he really has to go.

Crowd of what, 15/16k in front of sky...poor performance, lose to a late goal....I could see Rodgers' position being MADE untenable.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 21 Oct 2009 09:06

He's got to go, as others have said,last night will be remembered as the new Oxford away - one of the all time lows.

Magnus

by Magnus » 21 Oct 2009 09:17

The Knitting Circle play him right back

what, right back in the changing room? arf arf

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 21 Oct 2009 09:19

He's not quite a dead man walking but he needs something to happen for him sooner rather than later.

I'm all for giving people time, consistency, and i'm also more accepting than most that he started the job with one hand tied behind his back - we sold off most of our team at the end of last season (a team which didn't win a home game from Jan onwards). Even the performances earlier in the season weren't that bad, and I thought we just needed a bit of luck to get up into mid-table.

What I don't like is 1) the way he's started to blame the players - that's a bit out of line I think, and a sign that he's obviously trying to deflect attention away from himself to save his job, 2) the beatings are getting worse and we're becoming an increasingly poorer side rather than better and 3) his selection policy is perplexing. No Marek at all? Hunt (who's surely our best striker?) getting scraps of starts here and there.

Overall, i'd keep him but have a look again in a month's time.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 21 Oct 2009 09:21

Oh yeah, and getting all teary-eyed on the radio? Nobody likes a ghey, Brendan, man the fck up.

The Knitting Circle

by The Knitting Circle » 21 Oct 2009 09:22

does brendan's mum have 10 usernames :?:
Last edited by The Knitting Circle on 21 Oct 2009 09:49, edited 2 times in total.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 21 Oct 2009 09:23

Is it time for a little perspective?

Probably not...................... :wink:

savannah

by savannah » 21 Oct 2009 10:00

I've changed to a "time to go" opinion, i really can't see this turning round. I feel bad but I even looked to the news this morning and was disappointed to see it was Southgate that got the boot not Rodgers.

Royal_Belly

by Royal_Belly » 21 Oct 2009 10:08

I say he should remain!

What the chairmans needs to do is - in Januray give Brendan the money he should have been given at the start of the season. Brendan was given a squad that was down to the bare bones of quality and experience. I am sure that he will agree that the players he has brought in to the club were not the players he wanted but due to the cutting of the cloth he had no choice but to go and buy players of this standard.

If we were to get a new manager now then we would have the exact same problems as what we are experiencing now. It's simple - the quality of players we have are not good enough and I personally blame the chairman for giving BR a ridiculous budget when he was trying to re-build a team.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 21 Oct 2009 10:10

£2 million for Mills wasn't "bare bones" or a cheap option - and he's only just started playing him. :roll:

Royal_Belly

by Royal_Belly » 21 Oct 2009 10:11

Royal Lady £2 million for Mills wasn't "bare bones" or a cheap option - and he's only just started playing him. :roll:

I think you will find I said that BR was given a squad that was down to the bare bones of quality and experience!! :roll:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 21 Oct 2009 10:12

OK, so if the players he bought in weren't the players he wanted, why waste £2 million of his money on Mills?

The Knitting Circle

by The Knitting Circle » 21 Oct 2009 10:15

Ideal Are you on drugs????

Look at the history of our club. Very rarely has a manager been given so much money to spend on transfers, yet he went and spent it on SHIT players. He WASTED the money.

Cummings, Howard, Rasiak - three reasons to sack the manager.
Mills - possibly another reason to sack him.

Rasiak is good :?

Ferris
Hob Nob Regular

by Ferris » 21 Oct 2009 10:17

Royal Lady OK, so if the players he bought in weren't the players he wanted, why waste £2 million of his money on Mills?

We'd been tracking Mills long before Brendan took over, so he might not have had much say in the matter...

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 21 Oct 2009 10:17

Look at the history of our club. Very rarely has a manager been given so much money to spend on transfers, yet he went and spent it on SHIT players. He WASTED the money.

He wasn't given three million to strenghten the squad, he had what, £15million's worth of players taken off him then given 3million to build on the rubble of the squad.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 21 Oct 2009 10:17

The Knitting Circle

Rasiak is good :?
At what? From what I've seen of him, he's no great shakes as a striker. But then to leave him on the bench yesterday but try practically everyone else up front ahead of him, speaks volumes.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 21 Oct 2009 10:19

Ferris
Royal Lady OK, so if the players he bought in weren't the players he wanted, why waste £2 million of his money on Mills?

We'd been tracking Mills long before Brendan took over, so he might not have had much say in the matter...
He's got no balls then. He has a budget of, what, a little over £3 million for new players and he's told he has to spend £2 million of it on a player he doesn't want and he doesn't say or do anything about it? Oh, except, leave out the most expensive player for most of the season so far. :roll:

Royal_Belly

by Royal_Belly » 21 Oct 2009 10:21

I believe that his fitness was an issue as to why he hasn't played... he couldn't keep up with the pace of the game when he first joined! I didn't go to the game last night so can't tell you if this has changed or not?! He hasn't wasted £2m on him... you make it sound like we bought him and have sold him for peanuts!

101 posts