So who WAS enjoyng it? A load of us apparently!!!

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

So who WAS enjoyng it? A load of us apparently!!!

by Compo's Hat » 23 Oct 2009 13:17

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... __one_club

I’ve had great support form the supporters and have been loving what they’ve been saying, maybe not in the last couple when we’ve gone behind, but the majority of them are enjoying watching what we’re doing.

I haven't enjoyed watching my team lose most weeks since Rodgers has come in. I have been patient with what he's been trying to do but my patience like many others has now gone. The careful passing game has slowly dissapeared and some of the defending has been a shambles while the shooting has been amateur.

I think it's just another soundbite to try and buy some time. Rather he just kept his mouth shut now and not know! :x

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

Re: So who WAS enjoyng it? A load of us apparently!!!

by handbags_harris » 23 Oct 2009 13:31

Go. For the love of God, just go now!! It is NOT enjoyable to watch! How can a team in 21st place be an enjoyable team to watch, and an enjoyable club to support?!?!

(.)Boobies(.)

by (.)Boobies(.) » 23 Oct 2009 13:35

I enjoyed the passing football for the first three games and thought, yeah we'll do ok this season. But we don't even see that anymore.

The more Rodgers and his players say, the more I dislike all of them.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Oct 2009 13:36

I saw plenty of promise and was positive about Forest, even if I was very disappointed with the management choices.

I was starting to lose patience before we beat Barnsley, but that gave me renewed hope that we'd click and move on. We were still on target for the points I'd hoped we'd be getting at that point.

The following results then eroded my belief to the point I saw P'boro and decided the manager was shambolic and shit, but was willing to give him time to turn it around still. Preston was a result that papered over the cracks and still showed all the chronic problems we currently have under Rodgers.

The following three results have confirmed to me that the manager is clueless and needs to go as soon as the final whistle against Leicester is blown.

I've seen Forest, Doncaster, Peterborough, Watford and QPR and I have not enjoyed a single one of them. The first half against Peterborough was no more than good enough. The first 10 minutes against Watford were ok. That is it.
Last edited by Ian Royal on 23 Oct 2009 13:38, edited 1 time in total.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 23 Oct 2009 13:43

Despite seeing us win at Preston and managing to get a few shots on goal, it's the Cardiff game that I enjoyed most and gave me hope. We played like a team then and really looked like we were motivated and up for it. Of course since then it seems to have gone to pot a little bit...

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 23 Oct 2009 14:14

What's he meant to say?

We've been shit, the fans hate us, the players are shit, we expect to lose etc..

FFS, it's called PR, every manager does it.

Just grow up and support the team.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 23 Oct 2009 14:16

winchester_royal What's he meant to say?

We've been shit, the fans hate us, the players are shit, we expect to lose etc..

Yeah! Look at Benetez now he's getting some stick.

Glen Little's Nose
Location: Watching Adam Miller dive nose first into the West Stand!

by Glen Little's Nose » 23 Oct 2009 14:17

PLUS 1

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Oct 2009 14:19

Do you not think there is a tiny weeny bit of middle ground between what he said and your suggestion.

I'd quite like something that was perhaps rooted in the same reality as me. Something that didn't alienate supporters further by claiming they're enjoying the shit they're being served up. Something that didn't talk about play offs or promotion, but in fact acknowledged that we're currently in a relegation scrap.

The first step in solving problems, is acknowedging there are problems and what they are.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 23 Oct 2009 14:21

'Monday night is a test of our players characters and skill levels. Have they got the guts that when the chips are down they can come out fighting win our fans back and play well against the odds? We'll see. We've prepared them in the best way possible and I want a response from Tuesday because that was unacceptable from 1-11. I don't want to ever see a performance like that again. We will go out against Leicester and look to take the initiative from the first whistle. We need to be high tempo, we have to fight for every ball and grind out a result. We will be doing everything we can to try and get what we want'.

He could write something along those lines. Fighting talk with a sense of realism about the situation. Or he could talk a load of toss and say how we've all enjoyed being absolute pigshit this season.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 23 Oct 2009 14:33

Or be a realist and see the manager is talking

Honest views and not talking s**t would go a long way and not dissalusion the supporters.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 23 Oct 2009 14:33

Alan Partridge

'Monday night is a test of our players characters and skill levels. Have they got the guts that when the chips are down they can come out fighting win our fans back and play well against the odds? We'll see. We've prepared them in the best way possible and I want a response from Tuesday because that was unacceptable from 1-11. I don't want to ever see a performance like that again. We will go out against Leicester and look to take the initiative from the first whistle. We need to be high tempo, we have to fight for every ball and grind out a result. We will be doing everything we can to try and get what we want'.

He could write something along those lines. Fighting talk with a sense of realism about the situation. Or he could talk a load of toss and say how we've all enjoyed being absolute pigshit this season.

I thought you'd suddenly become our manager................

My hopes were high...................then :shock:

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 23 Oct 2009 14:35

Words fail me. I don't know who sounds more ridiculous:

Brendan Rodgers or Nick Griffin?

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 23 Oct 2009 14:41

AP wrote:

and IR wrote:
I'd quite like something that was perhaps rooted in the same reality as me. Something that didn't alienate supporters further by claiming they're enjoying the shit they're being served up. Something that didn't talk about play offs or promotion, but in fact acknowledged that we're currently in a relegation scrap.

The first step in solving problems, is acknowedging there are problems and what they are.

This works for me. These are the best comments I have read on here which are constructive rather than knee jerk. Anyone wanting to know how to get a message across can do worse than use these two examples.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 23 Oct 2009 14:42

When he says the majority of supporters were enjoying what we're doing, I presume he's referring to the West Brom and QPR fans who made up the majority of supporters at the last two games.

Either that or he's completely and utterly delusional and should be sectioned and sacked, not necessarily in that order.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Oct 2009 14:43

8)

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 23 Oct 2009 14:46

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 23 Oct 2009 14:59

Alan Partridge

I'm fairly certain he has being saying much along the lines of that.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 23 Oct 2009 15:02

winchester_royal
Alan Partridge

I'm fairly certain he has being saying much along the lines of that.

Not in the press he hasn't. Not once.

Dean Austin has come out and said the performance for the last 3 games has been inexcusible. Rodgers has gone on national television today and told the world how we can get into the playoffs. When we haven't won at home since the bubonic plague and are on the worst run since Stephen Hawking attempted the marathon.

Delusional.

A few home truths need to be told inside the dressing room and also to the fans. He's making it tougher for himself by keep giving out these ridiculous claims and ambitions.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 23 Oct 2009 15:05

Rodgers came out and said the players aren't good enough, and that Tuesday was his worst night in football. Fairly strong words AP, and at no point has he said he's happy with what he has seen in the last 3 games.

I understand it's all very anti-Rodgers ATM, but he's trying to do his job, and he really does care about the club. Slagging off everything he does is childish and rather indicative of modern football.