Back the Boys???

Basingstoke Royal

Back the Boys???

by Basingstoke Royal » 26 Oct 2009 09:56

Just an idea.

Think it may have a better effect than some of the bollox banded about on here.

The players have been shit but so have the fans - lets try to get behind the team and not embarrass ourselves on tv.

Im sure the real fans will be with me on this bizarre idea.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Back the Boys???

by Royal Lady » 26 Oct 2009 09:58

Perhaps it's escaped your notice, but we've backed the players from day one - unfortunately, the powers that be take that as a signal that we think everything is great and we're "enjoying" games.

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 26 Oct 2009 10:00

Have we really though?

Have the fans really played there part in any home game this season?
Last edited by Basingstoke Royal on 26 Oct 2009 10:02, edited 1 time in total.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 26 Oct 2009 10:02

Basingstoke Royal Have we really though?

Have the fans really played there part in any game this season?

How would you measure such an effect?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 26 Oct 2009 10:04

1 or 2

but the rest has been even worse than usual
not helped by the usually turgid football on display, and the knowledge that even if we score- well concede two in the second half

but i agree- the time for booing to send a message- if there is one- is after the whistle, and not before or after the game- how the arse is that going to help

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 26 Oct 2009 10:05

Platypuss

Have the fans really played there part in any game this season?

How would you measure such an effect?

The stadium has been flat this season in comparison to other seasons and that nervousness translates to the players.

I know its difficult to get excited by what we are seeing on the pitch but for one game lets give it our all and see what happens - at least we can say we made an effort.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 26 Oct 2009 10:10

Opinions of Rodgers and the team should be made after the final whistle - or at least when the conclusion of the match is obvious. For as long as the game is going the players should be supported though, that's what fans do.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 26 Oct 2009 10:11

back them of course but if they lose i can see SSC in the hotseat by end of the week

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 26 Oct 2009 10:13

We certainly gave the team plenty of backing in the Forest game, Sheff Utd game and even the Cardiff game. #13 also turned up against Waford. Donny was a bit flat and the less sai about Middlesbro the better. To be fair, we have generally got behind the players and encouraged. Sadly, the players have not responded. It is a 2 way street this one and there have been too many occasions where the support off the pitch has not been matched by the performance on it. Stupid, individual mistakes have a massive deflating effect on the fans. Fed against the Blunts springs to mind.

That said, if I am expected to sit through 90 minutes of limp, spineless, characterless and gutless football then think again. I will decide whether or not to stay for the second half at half time.

SSC back in the hotseat? Why would he want to tarnish his reputation? He got out at the right time. He won't come back here!!!

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 26 Oct 2009 10:14

It's a nice idea sadly not gonna happen.

Our fans are pretty apathetic. Means Rodgers hasn't got as harsh a ride as he would at other clubs, but the team won't get the support either.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 26 Oct 2009 10:16

Terminal Boardom
SSC back in the hotseat? Why would he want to tarnish his reputation? He got out at the right time. He won't come back here!!!

Coppell is not a normal manager, don't write the idea off.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 26 Oct 2009 10:18

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe It's a nice idea sadly not gonna happen.

Our fans are pretty apathetic. Means Rodgers hasn't got as harsh a ride as he would at other clubs, but the team won't get the support either.

Couldn't agree more. It took until March 1998 for the fans to actually do something about TB1 by which time it was way too late. Can we afford to sit idly by and let things drift aimlessly? How much do "we" really care? Just how passionate are we about our club? I know there are some who will bleed blue blood but they are very much in the minority. For the majority? More likelihood of a raised eyebrow if the milkman is late!

adamh4608

by adamh4608 » 26 Oct 2009 10:18

have the player's ?

Dorset-Knob

by Dorset-Knob » 26 Oct 2009 10:27

Basingstoke Royal Just an idea.

The players have been shit but so have the fans - lets try to get behind the team and not embarrass ourselves on tv.

Nice idea, is it not what happens anyway?

I have categorically not been a shit fan, whereas the overall effect of the team has been shit, as is evident by our current situation.

Terminal Boredom makes an important point, the fans, the club and everybody else left it too late under the TB regime!

This may be why so many people are so acutely aware of why we should not slip quietly back into the mire without a fight.

The "cheese eating surrender monkeys" and the Italian army would put up a better resistance than that displayed by the team thus far this season!

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 26 Oct 2009 10:31

rhroyal Opinions of Rodgers and the team should be made after the final whistle - or at least when the conclusion of the match is obvious. For as long as the game is going the players should be supported though, that's what fans do.

+1 Completely agreed.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 26 Oct 2009 10:38

In my mind our fans have been exceptionally tolerant of what they have seen on the pitch in home games this year.
I can't imagine many clubs where with such a poor home record the players get off so lightly.
"Back the boys and make some noise" screamed out by our p.a. man has had no effect in 2009 nor has the reasonable support shown during games by all of us so maybe it's time for "Boo the boys"-it would be different booing them as soon as they come on the pitch and when each name is announced. :wink:
The other way hasn't worked especially for the big games such as the Burnley play-off so let's "Boo the boys and get them to play".
We all expect us to lose anyway so booing could be the new cheering.
Last edited by BR2 on 26 Oct 2009 10:39, edited 1 time in total.

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 26 Oct 2009 10:39

SteveRoyal
rhroyal Opinions of Rodgers and the team should be made after the final whistle - or at least when the conclusion of the match is obvious. For as long as the game is going the players should be supported though, that's what fans do.

+1 Completely agreed.

Agreed. Anybody who watched the Liverpool v Man U game on the weekend will have seen the Liverpool fans getting behind their team after a few losses, and they no doubt pushed Liverpool on and helped them get an unlikely win.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 26 Oct 2009 10:41

Arnie_Pie
SteveRoyal

+1 Completely agreed.

Agreed. Anybody who watched the Liverpool v Man U game on the weekend will have seen the Liverpool fans getting behind their team after a few losses, and they no doubt pushed Liverpool on and helped them get an unlikely win.

What do you mean "unlikely"-they always beat them.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 26 Oct 2009 10:41

Basingstoke Royal Just an idea.

I don't think many fans are turning on the team. It's the manager that most the anger is being aimed at.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 26 Oct 2009 10:42

i think its about 33.333333% each for - angry at manager, angry at JM/board, just randomly angry