Fan power

friday fan

Fan power

by friday fan » 28 Oct 2009 11:02

I've followed reading for 45 years now and remember when we had the 3rd and 4th division and looking forward to cup draws to see which big name club we were playing for example the watney Cup game against Man U. when we finally got to the Pemier league I thought never in my day would I see that but I have. What has happened since Sir Steve has left has been disgraceful. You have to think for a minute why did SSC leave, he left because he knew the Chairman wanted to 'cut the cloth' = no transfer funds and selling players. He stayed after premier league relegation because he is an honest man and really thought he could get us up straight away. Sure he made some bad decisions but if he had bought in the Jan transfer window we could have survived but were the funds for his targets really available, I'm sure one day when he decides to write a book we will all know. NOW turning attention to the current situation, take a note out of the disenchanted Man U fans they formed a new club which has done well in the short time they have been in existence. We do have a second club, Reading Town. Lets imagine just for one game, everyone deserts the Royals and attends the Reading Town game, a message will be sent, the gate receipts for Reading Town would be a season boost and perhaps Madjeski might get the message that if he spirals us down to Conference level then Reading Town might be an alternative. A protest day is not a pants day or inflatables or chants it is merely supporting our alternative team ie Reading Town.

Comments?

zummerset

Re: Fan power

by zummerset » 28 Oct 2009 11:03

errr....no thanks

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 28 Oct 2009 11:05

I can't believe I wasted a few seconds quickly scanning your post.

Ferris
Hob Nob Regular

by Ferris » 28 Oct 2009 11:07

I thought this was going to be a thread on different speeds of electrical fans :|

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 28 Oct 2009 11:09

Ferris I thought this was going to be a thread on different speeds of electrical fans :|

I thought this thread was going to about us all going eco and using the power from that big fan that does in Green Park.

Ferris
Hob Nob Regular

by Ferris » 28 Oct 2009 11:10

Arnie_Pie
Ferris I thought this was going to be a thread on different speeds of electrical fans :|

I thought this thread was going to about us all going eco and using the power from that big fan that does in Green Park.

I think it's safe to say we've both been left feeling very disappointed.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 28 Oct 2009 11:11

friday fan I've followed reading for 45 years now and remember when we had the 3rd and 4th division and looking forward to cup draws to see which big name club we were playing for example the watney Cup game against Man U. when we finally got to the Pemier league I thought never in my day would I see that but I have. What has happened since Sir Steve has left has been disgraceful. You have to think for a minute why did SSC leave, he left because he knew the Chairman wanted to 'cut the cloth' = no transfer funds and selling players. He stayed after premier league relegation because he is an honest man and really thought he could get us up straight away. Sure he made some bad decisions but if he had bought in the Jan transfer window we could have survived but were the funds for his targets really available, I'm sure one day when he decides to write a book we will all know. NOW turning attention to the current situation, take a note out of the disenchanted Man U fans they formed a new club which has done well in the short time they have been in existence. We do have a second club, Reading Town. Lets imagine just for one game, everyone deserts the Royals and attends the Reading Town game, a message will be sent, the gate receipts for Reading Town would be a season boost and perhaps Madjeski might get the message that if he spirals us down to Conference level then Reading Town might be an alternative. A protest day is not a pants day or inflatables or chants it is merely supporting our alternative team ie Reading Town.

Comments?

Would you expect disaffected Sheffield Utd fans to go and watch Sheffield Wednesday or vice versa?

friday fan

by friday fan » 28 Oct 2009 11:13

to all who have responded up until now feck off u newbies

Ferris
Hob Nob Regular

by Ferris » 28 Oct 2009 11:16

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 28 Oct 2009 11:17

friday fan I've no transfer funds and selling players.

So the fact that we've spent the 3rd most in 1 season (apart from our 2 premier League seasons) in the clubs history totally evades your limited mind does it?

AF1
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Ya got guns, got guns too, what up son, do you wanna battle for cash and see who Sun Tzu?

by AF1 » 28 Oct 2009 11:27

friday fan I've followed reading for 45 years now.....

stopped reading here

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 28 Oct 2009 11:34

Yes

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 28 Oct 2009 11:37

I think your idea might have been more relevant before Monday's game or maybe if we lose to Coventry and don't beat Ipswich.
For the moment there does appear to be a new groundswell of support for the manager and the players because of the effort put in on Monday despite the fact that we lost yet another game.
Let's see what the next couple of weeks' games bring and test the reaction to your suggestion again.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 28 Oct 2009 11:40

Rodgers in, Madejski out

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 28 Oct 2009 11:43

I was all set to protest and boo before Mondays game, however I thought we played well. I think I'm just bored with watching Reading play.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 28 Oct 2009 12:06

BR2 I think your idea might have been more relevant before Monday's game or maybe if we lose to Coventry and don't beat Ipswich.
For the moment there does appear to be a new groundswell of support for the manager and the players because of the effort put in on Monday despite the fact that we lost yet another game.
Let's see what the next couple of weeks' games bring and test the reaction to your suggestion again.

I agree - as long as the players continue to give 100% I will support BR and the team. It is not his fault we have sold so many of our PL standard players. I am confident he will get it right given time.

Good luck at Reading Town Friday Fan - we won't miss you.

westongeezer

by westongeezer » 28 Oct 2009 12:07

Well in thought it would be nice to make a change, but in reality it cant work, there are far to many to give you the bulliet to shoot, but when it comes to action your left standing on your own, i think many of us are resigned to fact now that BR aint gunna change the clubs fortunes this season now and league 1 is now a very probable outcome, i am now beging to think that MJ is down sizing his business to sell the club at a lower offer without causing him massive financial losses so a steady decline without lots of cash injection is a controlled way of off loading this investment, so i cant see any large amounts of cash being released in the next transfer window,this in reality can only explain why he got BR when there where better managers jumping to join with a far better pedigree, secretly im looking forward to league 1 footy at this present time we can play there on a level pitch so to speak cos we cant even begin to compete in the Championship without a larger amount of wonga..........but then again perhaps im totaly wrong :lol:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Oct 2009 12:09

friday fan I've followed reading for 45 years now and remember when we had the 3rd and 4th division and looking forward to cup draws to see which big name club we were playing for example the watney Cup game against Man U. when we finally got to the Pemier league I thought never in my day would I see that but I have. What has happened since Sir Steve has left has been disgraceful. You have to think for a minute why did SSC leave, he left because he knew the Chairman wanted to 'cut the cloth' = no transfer funds and selling players. He stayed after premier league relegation because he is an honest man and really thought he could get us up straight away. Sure he made some bad decisions but if he had bought in the Jan transfer window we could have survived but were the funds for his targets really available, I'm sure one day when he decides to write a book we will all know. NOW turning attention to the current situation, take a note out of the disenchanted Man U fans they formed a new club which has done well in the short time they have been in existence. We do have a second club, Reading Town. Lets imagine just for one game, everyone deserts the Royals and attends the Reading Town game, a message will be sent, the gate receipts for Reading Town would be a season boost and perhaps Madjeski might get the message that if he spirals us down to Conference level then Reading Town might be an alternative. A protest day is not a pants day or inflatables or chants it is merely supporting our alternative team ie Reading Town.

Comments?

Proof length of time as a fan has nothing to do with intelligence or understanding of our club and it's situation.

Get lost.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 28 Oct 2009 12:12

Comments?

Somewhere, a village is missing its idiot .....

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 28 Oct 2009 12:14

Ian Royal

Comments?

Proof length of time as a fan has nothing to do with intelligence or understanding of our club and it's situation.

Get lost.

What a pig-ignorant response.
The bloke was setting the scene of where he has been with our club and how he now feels.
Nothing wrong with that.