Loan deadline

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

Loan deadline

by Compo's Hat » 24 Nov 2009 13:11

So with the deadline this Thursday and a hectic schedule in December to come are the management and board going to actually get a striker on board?

I bloody hope so, competition for places is only a good thing and if we suffer any more injuries we're going to look very bare up front with no ability to change formation which i thought caught Blackpool out a little.

Ryn

Re: Loan deadline

by Ryn » 24 Nov 2009 13:14

Shirley it would have happened by now?

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 24 Nov 2009 13:16

Well he's not going to recall Bignall or Mooney probably due to the fact that he probably doesn't think they're good enough.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 24 Nov 2009 13:22

it looks like we are trying Chelsea turned us down to get Borini on loan.

I do think the Phillips story has a bit substance and i can't for the life of me think we will go into a busy schedule with 1 100% fit striker.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 24 Nov 2009 13:30

Focher it looks like we are trying Chelsea turned us down to get Borini on loan.

I do think the Phillips story has a bit substance and i can't for the life of me think we will go into a busy schedule with 1 100% fit striker.

I really hope you are right but such is the current obsession for cutting the cloth and balancing the books that I fear Rodgers might be forced to do just that.

Quite frankly to go into a home game, desperately seeking a win and yet only being able to name two strikers in a squad of 18 is ludicrous. That was the situation last Saturday and this Saturday we would be down to just the one fully fit striker!

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 24 Nov 2009 14:03

RoyalBlue
Focher it looks like we are trying Chelsea turned us down to get Borini on loan.

I really hope you are right but such is the current obsession for cutting the cloth and balancing the books that I fear Rodgers might be forced to do just that.

Quite frankly to go into a home game, desperately seeking a win and yet only being able to name two strikers in a squad of 18 is ludicrous. That was the situation last Saturday and this Saturday we would be down to just the one fully fit striker!

Agreed, in these circumstances, whether you think Mooney and Bignall are up to it or not, one should be recalled.

Einstein agogo
Hob Nob Regular

by Einstein agogo » 24 Nov 2009 14:16

Schards#2
RoyalBlue

Agreed, in these circumstances, whether you think Mooney and Bignall are up to it or not, one should be recalled.

i think Mooney is under-rated

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 Nov 2009 16:17

And overpaid...

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 24 Nov 2009 20:20

Mooney's only on loan til the 1st so will be back after Derby anyway.
Bignall I think is on a half-season loan and can't be recalled.

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 24 Nov 2009 20:50

Platypuss Bignall I think is on a half-season loan and can't be recalled.

He's also got a hamstring injury.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 25 Nov 2009 11:57

Perhaps Bell-Baggie will get a place on the bench next....

Anyway there's the usual guff from Clodagh "I won't bring anyone in for the sake of it. The need to be the right person with the right DNA" so with the deadline at midnight tomorrow I'm not holding by breath.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 25 Nov 2009 12:06

As much as we need another striker, I cant help fealing that the "ego-monster", "tightarse", "cloth cutting" prick will have the final say, god forbid we make an attempt to improve the team it might cost money.

RFCMod

by RFCMod » 25 Nov 2009 12:16

Tommy Smith on loan
With Harts departure maybe if Avram Grant steps up to the plate or Darren Ferguson they'll see Smith as surplass to requirements ??

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 25 Nov 2009 12:17

I've always been one to defend JM.

But we need a striker, that's not a debate. We need that player now.

We've had a terrible year, it's starting to turn. COuld be rather counter productive.

I fear right DNA means a cheap kid from Chelsea....

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 25 Nov 2009 12:24

Barry the bird boggler Perhaps Bell-Baggie will get a place on the bench next....

Anyway there's the usual guff from Clodagh "I won't bring anyone in for the sake of it. The need to be the right person with the right DNA" so with the deadline at midnight tomorrow I'm not holding by breath.

so youd prefer we did just go out and get someone who didnt fit with out plans?

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 25 Nov 2009 12:32

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe I've always been one to defend JM.

We've had a terrible year, it's starting to turn. COuld be rather counter productive.

Failed that one already - I dread to think who we'll end up with given how many of BR's enquiries seem to have been rejected in the last few weeks.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 25 Nov 2009 12:43

CMRoyal
Smoking Kills Dancing Doe I've always been one to defend JM.

Failed that one already - I dread to think who we'll end up with given how many of BR's enquiries seem to have been rejected in the last few weeks.

But I thought he was such a great coach that top clubs around the world were desperate to loan their best young players to us to benifit from working with him...

Tilehurst Mike

Re: Loan line

by Tilehurst Mike » 25 Nov 2009 12:49

Maybe we will be forced to do what used to happen in the good old days before the loan system existed and place a good old fashioned centre back up front as an emergency striker. Remember Steve Hetkze anyone. Didn't he score 10 0r so goals in one season playing up front.
Come in Mills or O'Dea!!

Eastkentroyal

by Eastkentroyal » 25 Nov 2009 13:43

Tilehurst Mike Maybe we will be forced to do what used to happen in the good old days before the loan system existed and place a good old fashioned centre back up front as an emergency striker. Remember Steve Hetkze anyone. Didn't he score 10 0r so goals in one season playing up front.
Come in Mills or O'Dea!!

I remember Steve Hetkze very well and yes he could play up front.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 25 Nov 2009 13:45

Tilehurst Mike Maybe we will be forced to do what used to happen in the good old days before the loan system existed and place a good old fashioned centre back up front as an emergency striker. Remember Steve Hetkze anyone. Didn't he score 10 0r so goals in one season playing up front.
Come in Mills or O'Dea!!

John Terry is a converted centre-foward...Alex Pearce is the new John Terry...ergo...