Does BR deserve more time?

Yes
52%
No
48%

Total votes: 187
winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

Should BR stay?

by winchester_royal » 13 Dec 2009 11:14

A simple yes or no.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

Re: Should BR stay?

by Platypuss » 13 Dec 2009 11:49

"No" to yet another one of these polls.

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 13 Dec 2009 11:49

I vote yes, but I think if we'd lost yesterday I might well be voting no.

My patience is wearing a bit thin and I'm starting to wonder if he's got it in him or not. I've always been convinced he will come good so long as he keeps us up this season, but I'm starting to wonder a bit if he'll manage that.

Tutti Frutti

by Tutti Frutti » 13 Dec 2009 11:58

rob the royal I vote yes, but I think if we'd lost yesterday I might well be voting no.

My patience is wearing a bit thin and I'm starting to wonder if he's got it in him or not. I've always been convinced he will come good so long as he keeps us up this season, but I'm starting to wonder a bit if he'll manage that.

Likewise. Yesterday was the first time I found myself questioning his decision-making, rather than the fact he had been left to build a team from very little by the powers that be. I'm still on board, but he's running out of credit quickly. And its no good him getting snippy about it, no fans can accept one home win before Christmas.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 13 Dec 2009 12:12

Platypuss "No" to yet another one of these polls.

Only reason for it, was claims from certain posters that BR had lost 'vast majority' of fans.

50/50 so far.

Big McC

by Big McC » 13 Dec 2009 12:26

Yes. Even if it were possible to do anything significant in the transfer window (which I'm assuming it's not), it must surely be getting too late to go through the whole process of replacing Rodgers and for a new man to assess what's needed and for him to make the required changes. SJM won't change and we have to hope BR can keep us above three worse teams.

(.)Boobies(.)

by (.)Boobies(.) » 13 Dec 2009 12:36

I can't see his ego allowing him to admit defeat. I just can't help but think what a good job someone like Steve Coppell could do with an honest bunch of players. Trouble makers since gone, this is the sort of bunch that he has always thrived on developing. I like Brendan, his passing style is nice on the eye, but there are so many questions about team selections, tactics, the way he handles transfer and media. There's no doubting his ability as a manager; I'm sure he'll prove to be a reasonable Championship manager with the odd year in the top flight some day, but there has been far too many changes here in far too shorter time, and any experienced manager would have struggled. But I feel it is just too much for Rodgers.___ Should he stay or go? He should go. But who comes in that would be an improvement, and be realistic? Nigel Adkins
Last edited by (.)Boobies(.) on 13 Dec 2009 12:42, edited 1 time in total.

thefruits

by thefruits » 13 Dec 2009 12:40

I want him to go. I want sir steve back. I think BR has actually brought in some good players but hasn't the nous to get them working together.

Each day BR remains in charge will mean the damage he is doing to the club will get worse.

SSC should be brought back without dills & downs (dills obviously has a new job). SSC with Murts & Parky as his support anyone ?

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 13 Dec 2009 12:46

I honestly believe Rodgers has what it takes to be a manager at this level - he just arrived in the middle of a storm. If he'd had some League 2 and 1 experience before taking over a club in a more settled situation things would be very different. The truth is, I really like the guy. Not because of personality so much, but because he is a Reading fan himself who loves the club. We have one of our own leading who really cares. Unfortunately sentiment can't get in the way if he's not up to the task.

I voted "yes", but I'm not sure why. I'm utterly torn. We appear to be close to putting the final pieces together and improving. Could the missing link be arriving in January? At the same time I could see us saying this all season without ever making the necessary final steps and picking up a few more wins.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 Dec 2009 12:47

thefruits I want him to go. I want sir steve back. I think BR has actually brought in some good players but hasn't the nous to get them working together.

Each day BR remains in charge will mean the damage he is doing to the club will get worse.

SSC should be brought back without dills & downs (dills obviously has a new job). SSC with Murts & Parky as his support anyone ?

Coppell ain't coming back :( . Paul Hart in please.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 13 Dec 2009 12:48

sandman
thefruits I want him to go. I want sir steve back. I think BR has actually brought in some good players but hasn't the nous to get them working together.

LOL. That's exactly why I want BR to stay.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 13 Dec 2009 12:54

This distills down into just a couple of questions -

1. Would the disruption and the cost of replacing him set the team back more than keeping him on?

2. Can we guarantee that we could find someone who could do better?

For me the answer to both questions is "no."

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 13 Dec 2009 12:55

You look at the next six games and have to say he has no chance of being in a job by the end of it.

Coppell will come back for 6 months.....

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 13 Dec 2009 12:57

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Coppell will come back for 6 months.....

Not a chance of that - never in a million, million years....

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 13 Dec 2009 12:59

possibly more questions than that for JM.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 Dec 2009 13:00

winchester_royal
sandman

LOL. That's exactly why I want BR to stay.

LOL at you. Hart has:
A.Experience at this level.
B.Experience at handling teams punching above their weight.
C.Works well with younger players.
D.Doesn't mouth off at the media when under pressure.
E. Works well on a tight budget.
F.Can spot a bargain at this level which given our modest financial backing is a plus.

He's not a Premier League manager granted and he wouldn't be my first choice (That's Curbishley but there is no way it would happen)but he's a better manager at this level than Rodgers is and most probably ever will be. Our aim must now be survival, maybe it's because of his rant yesterday but I just don't think Rodgers can do that.
Last edited by sandman on 13 Dec 2009 13:03, edited 1 time in total.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 13 Dec 2009 13:01

This is the same Paul Hart who got sacked by both Barnsley and R&D.

Gr8.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 13 Dec 2009 13:02

Dirk Gently
Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Coppell will come back for 6 months.....

Not a chance of that - never in a million, million years....

I bet Palace fans said the same. I think his ego would like it.

I guess your talking about how certain important people feel about Coppell and where he left us.

Hart would do a job.

We should have taken Pards back. Sadly JM fell for BRs routine.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 13 Dec 2009 13:04

His handling of the media, his continual tinkering with the matchday 11, his lack of playing experience, his lack of management experience, his over-complication - Tuesdays "notegate" scandal!

He should have gone at the end of November. I don't wash with this poison challice bollocks. You make do with what you have. You play within the players abilities and don't try and get them to do things that they cannot do.

Quite frankly, he is out of his depth and he lacks the right people to back him up but he would never go for someone with more experience than him as it would show everyone at the training ground how inept he is.

He is not fit to coach the hoops.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 Dec 2009 13:06

winchester_royal This is the same Paul Hart who got sacked by both Barnsley and R&D.

Gr8.

He's a better bet than the joke we've got now.

213 posts