SHunt sell-on clause....??

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

£5m bid for Hunt???

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 01 Feb 2010 11:33

According to SSN Wolves have made a final £5m bid for Hunt - just wondering if the grapefeeder tore himself away from having his nose up the chairmans arse, to have considered a sell-on clause????...doubt it...we were so desperate for the money, Hull probably knew that - so I expect we've been turned over there - cant see Grapefeeder's negotiation skills being that sharp :D

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: £5m bid for Hunt???

by Wycombe Royal » 01 Feb 2010 11:40

Sell on clauses are normally only on the profit so it wouldn't amount to much anyway.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 01 Feb 2010 11:52

I heard it had got up to £7m a couple of weeks back. This from a Hull City board member. They are desperate to keep him but also desperate for money so I guess that £5m from Wolves may be a bit more concrete than the £7m since Hull have singularly failed to offload a lot of their dross in the meantime. They are overspending on wages to a frightening degree at the moment.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 01 Feb 2010 12:06

We don't want him back.

specialjon

by specialjon » 01 Feb 2010 12:17

It's crazy how well he's playing this season after his shocking effort last season. I guess the main attribute of Hunt is his energy and effort level, minus that and he is the player we had last season.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 01 Feb 2010 12:39

specialjon It's crazy how well he's playing this season after his shocking effort last season. I guess the main attribute of Hunt is his energy and effort level, minus that and he is the player we had last season.

That and your probably only seeing the highlights of those performances.

Comfortably Numb

by Comfortably Numb » 01 Feb 2010 12:58

Hoop Blah
specialjon It's crazy how well he's playing this season after his shocking effort last season. I guess the main attribute of Hunt is his energy and effort level, minus that and he is the player we had last season.

That and your probably only seeing the highlights of those performances.

they love him up there :!: key plolayer apparently. if they can get £5m for him, sell sell sell. theyre going down anyhoo & he'll jump ship soon after :!:

Old Biscuitman

by Old Biscuitman » 01 Feb 2010 14:16

Marcus Hahnemann quoted in today's Times, after being beaten by Hunt's penalty: "I knew he would want to take it. A lesser player would have felt the pressure and crumbled....He's one of those players you always want in your team instead of playing against you. We would love to have him at Wolves....Whichever side ends up with Stephen Hunt after 5pm on Monday will have a great chance of survival".
There are more words of high praise. What happened to the Hunt who flopped in his final season with Reading?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 01 Feb 2010 14:32

Old Biscuitman Marcus Hahnemann quoted in today's Times, after being beaten by Hunt's penalty: "I knew he would want to take it. A lesser player would have felt the pressure and crumbled....He's one of those players you always want in your team instead of playing against you. We would love to have him at Wolves....Whichever side ends up with Stephen Hunt after 5pm on Monday will have a great chance of survival".
There are more words of high praise. What happened to the Hunt who flopped in his final season with Reading?
He wanted to leave and couldn't be @rsed to play to his potential.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 01 Feb 2010 15:21

There's a lot more to the Hunt story.

He was badly advised by people he thought were on his side.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 01 Feb 2010 16:15

sounds to me like he was very well advised, was recently in contract talks with Hull, FFS he only signed in the summer.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 01 Feb 2010 16:59

DOYLERSAROYALER According to SSN Wolves have made a final £5m bid for Hunt - just wondering if the grapefeeder tore himself away from having his nose up the chairmans arse, to have considered a sell-on clause????...doubt it...we were so desperate for the money, Hull probably knew that - so I expect we've been turned over there - cant see Grapefeeder's negotiation skills being that sharp :D

Who the hell is 'the grapefeeder'?

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 01 Feb 2010 17:00

The feeder of grapes.

Durrr :roll:

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 01 Feb 2010 17:04

rfcjoe The feeder of grapes.

Durrr :roll:

From the 'Gareth BaLOLe' thread

@Frimmers
rfcjoe You're getting good at searching for my posts. Thats 3 in almost 15 minutes.

Remember, Joe: people in glass houses throw their stones at you.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 01 Feb 2010 17:05

:? oooookay

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 01 Feb 2010 17:06

Row Z Royal
DOYLERSAROYALER According to SSN Wolves have made a final £5m bid for Hunt - just wondering if the grapefeeder tore himself away from having his nose up the chairmans arse, to have considered a sell-on clause????...doubt it...we were so desperate for the money, Hull probably knew that - so I expect we've been turned over there - cant see Grapefeeder's negotiation skills being that sharp :D

Lets make it easier ...

Who is there for his chairmans every whim - has a job thats definitely not needed in our division and has big front teeth ?? and of course theres the Chief Exec as well, who apart from the front teeth, falls into the same pot!

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 01 Feb 2010 17:08

DOYLERSAROYALER
Row Z Royal

Lets make it easier ...

Who is there for his chairmans every whim - has a job thats definitely not needed in our division and has big front teeth ?? and of course theres the Chief Exec as well, who apart from the front teeth, falls into the same pot!

Oh yes. How silly of me.

What the hell is a 'grapefeeder'?

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 01 Feb 2010 17:22

someone who feeds grapes?????

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 01 Feb 2010 17:42

Oh yes. How silly of me.

What the hell is a 'grapefeeder'?[/quote]

its interesting to see you have moved from whos the grapefeeder to whats a grapefeeder - for one minute there I thought you knew what it was and was just questioning who it was...obviously gave you a bit too much credit

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Feb 2010 17:46

He was fantastic before Xmas last season. He was very good before Xmas the season before that...

Starts well, proves himself, gets cocky and loses his best attribute; his determination to prove himself to be great after a poor finish to the previous season and then becomes rubbish again.