Scapegoat of the week!

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Scapegoat of the week!

by Dirk Gently » 13 Feb 2010 21:32

As this is HNA?, there always has to be a scapegoat, and as Howard has been playing well and Kebe scored today the spotlight of blame seems to have landed on Jem Karacan. Lucky boy!

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Scapegoat of the week!

by Wycombe Royal » 13 Feb 2010 21:33

Hardly a scapegoat. He was very poor and has been for a few games now.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 13 Feb 2010 21:41

Wycombe Royal Hardly a scapegoat. He was very poor and has been for a few games now.

some mongster on BBCBerks cited Bryn as being the player that should've gone off

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 13 Feb 2010 21:48

Dirk Gently As this is HNA?, there always has to be a scapegoat, and as Howard has been playing well and Kebe scored today the spotlight of blame seems to have landed on Jem Karacan. Lucky boy!

The thing is as poor as people say he was, it was his best game for a while!!

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 13 Feb 2010 21:48

Dirk Gently As this is HNA?, there always has to be a scapegoat, and as Howard has been playing well and Kebe scored today the spotlight of blame seems to have landed on Jem Karacan. Lucky boy!

As I think someone said during the week, objectively criticising a players performance (someone has to be the worst or have an off day) isnt the same thing as being a held up as a scapegoat

Was your scapegoat A Fed btw????

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 13 Feb 2010 21:49

AthleticoSpizz
Wycombe Royal Hardly a scapegoat. He was very poor and has been for a few games now.

some mongster on BBCBerks cited Bryn as being the player that should've gone off

To be fair Bryn was shot to pieces after 70 mins

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 13 Feb 2010 21:53

From what I saw he wasn't poor today. His work rate is fantastic. Admittedly though, his distribution on the ball needs to improve.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Feb 2010 21:58

He's been poor in the league recently from what I've seen (IMO of course).

But whilst it wasn't on a par with his efforts against Liverpool or Burnley I thought he was much better today. Some tidy play and the usual effort and success defensively.

We did struggle in the middle of the park and there were too many loose balls, but that applied to a lot of players from what I could see.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 13 Feb 2010 22:05

Has gone off the boil of late but did well in a right midfield role IMO

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 13 Feb 2010 22:08

needs some game sout maybe try bring kish in the middle there

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 13 Feb 2010 23:03

I think it's only fair to point out that some of his missed passes were as a result of being played the ball with an Albion player practically on his back.

If we really want to talk about bad passing, can somebody please tell Mills he is not Beckenbauer, and that he doesn't have to smash every pass to a team mate as hard as possible, even if they're only a few yards away.

I don;t actually think Jem's been playing so badly - it was no coincidence that Plymouth came back into the match when he went off the other night. His reading of the game is excellent for such a young player, he often breaks up attacks simply through anticipating the pass and stepping into the space in front of the guy he's marking. Look back at the highlights from Anfield for some good examples.

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 13 Feb 2010 23:27

Don't make jem the scapegoat. Ivar has done more than enough to warrant this honour.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 13 Feb 2010 23:43

Ingimarsson's been shit ever since he's been back in the side if you want a scapegoat. Karacan's not been at his best recently but even when he's not having his best game he's still useful - far better than Cisse.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 13 Feb 2010 23:46

Royalee Ingimarsson's been shit ever since he's been back in the side if you want a scapegoat. Karacan's not been at his best recently but even when he's not having his best game he's still useful - far better than Cisse.

Ingimarssons been shit blah blah blah...you've missed a couple of recent games yunglee

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 13 Feb 2010 23:47

Royalee Ingimarsson's been shit ever since he's been back in the side if you want a scapegoat. Karacan's not been at his best recently but even when he's not having his best game he's still useful - far better than Cisse.

I guess this must be Madejski's fault?

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 13 Feb 2010 23:50

AthleticoSpizz

Ingimarssons been shit blah blah blah...you've missed a couple of recent games yunglee

Except I haven't, he was shakey against Plymouth and he was dreadful by all accounts today. Past his sell by date as I was telling people Duberry was last year and look where the latter is now.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 13 Feb 2010 23:51

Kitson12

No, it's Madejski's fault we haven't invested in a striker so that we're able to finish teams off instead of finishing games with ten men and taking two chances at scoring with half the pitch to ourselves.

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 13 Feb 2010 23:53

Royalee
Kitson12

No, it's Madejski's fault we haven't invested in a striker so that we're able to finish teams off instead of finishing games with ten men and taking two chances at scoring with half the pitch to ourselves.

We've Thorsvalldsson, Rasiak, and Church (who scored, which could be what's needed to get him scoring more), I wouldn't rule out one of them going on a run of scoring.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 13 Feb 2010 23:57

Thorvaldsson's on loan and clearly isn't rated by McDermott, Rasiak was on the cheap as a stop gap and the other two simply aren't capable of going on a sustained scoring run. We need a striker capable of getting 15-20 goals a season and have done all year yet it still hasn't been addressed.

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 14 Feb 2010 00:00

Well, we'll see @ Palace, going Royalee?