Parking

Legend

Parking

by Legend » 17 Sep 2006 19:31

Dodd me if you want, i can't be bothered to look through to see if there's a thread.

I am in two minds whether to bother with the game on Tuesday, and i think i am being swayed towards not going simply because i refuse to pay up to £10 for parking in Compaq or the Post House Hotel. I presume most other car parks are of a similar price.

I find this scandelous and i am sure i am not alone, is there anything STAR can do ?

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 17 Sep 2006 20:20

Is Shire Hall going to be open for the game?

Mr Brightside
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Parking

by Mr Brightside » 17 Sep 2006 21:11

Legend Dodd me if you want, i can't be bothered to look through to see if there's a thread.

I am in two minds whether to bother with the game on Tuesday, and i think i am being swayed towards not going simply because i refuse to pay up to £10 for parking in Compaq or the Post House Hotel. I presume most other car parks are of a similar price.

I find this scandelous and i am sure i am not alone, is there anything STAR can do ?

Get the bus.
HTH

Legend

by Legend » 17 Sep 2006 21:15

I only do public transport at the weekends

The_Cat

by The_Cat » 17 Sep 2006 21:26

Legend I only do public transport at the weekends
Why?

Legend

by Legend » 17 Sep 2006 21:27

The_Cat
Legend I only do public transport at the weekends
Why?

Because i only drink at weekends.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 18 Sep 2006 11:56

Legend Dodd me if you want, i can't be bothered to look through to see if there's a thread.

If you could be bothered to read the threads you will know that STAR has aranged for cheaper parking elsewhere but on a season ticket basis. I wish we had the influence to sort out parking elsewhere as well but it is practically impossible to get the agreement of the businesses around the stadium.

Neither RFC or the council or BBC Berkshire have succeeded either 8)

However I would say that the car park we have helped organise is less than £4 per game but despite that it has not sold out - obviously a 20 minute walk is too much for a lot of people.

Legend

by Legend » 18 Sep 2006 17:59

starliaison

If you could be bothered to read the threads you will know that STAR has aranged for cheaper parking elsewhere but on a season ticket basis. I wish we had the influence to sort out parking elsewhere as well but it is practically impossible to get the agreement of the businesses around the stadium.

Neither RFC or the council or BBC Berkshire have succeeded either 8)

However I would say that the car park we have helped organise is less than £4 per game but despite that it has not sold out - obviously a 20 minute walk is too much for a lot of people.

So where's the car park ?

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 18 Sep 2006 18:34

Just had a look on http://www.star-reading.org but can't see anything.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 18 Sep 2006 20:03

It's on here:

http://www.star-reading.org/archive.pl

I'd venture to suggest that more people would take up the STAR parking offer if it were give a higher profile on the webpage.

I have to say that I do find the layout/style of the STAR site confusing - it's certainly not immediately obvious that the second row of buttons at the top refer to sub-pages of the items on the top row.

Legend

by Legend » 18 Sep 2006 20:18

Are we able to pay match by match as opposed to £80 for the season ?

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 18 Sep 2006 20:28

Why pay £4 and have a 20 minute walk when you can get it for free and get the same length walk?

Brunel Retail park.

bb0118
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by bb0118 » 18 Sep 2006 22:02

starliaison obviously a 20 minute walk is too much for a lot of people.

Thats the reason I've not taken it up.

Warfield Royal

by Warfield Royal » 18 Sep 2006 22:22

Winchester Royal Brunel Retail park.

When I was at Brunel Retail park last week I noticed that they were installing a shred your tyres style of parking barrier. How long will this option be viable?

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 19 Sep 2006 08:58

Platypuss It's on here:

http://www.star-reading.org/archive.pl

I'd venture to suggest that more people would take up the STAR parking offer if it were give a higher profile on the webpage.

I have to say that I do find the layout/style of the STAR site confusing - it's certainly not immediately obvious that the second row of buttons at the top refer to sub-pages of the items on the top row.

So sorry we have asked several times for help with the website but .... We do now have another volunteer so when he is up to speed we hope for a better site.

In addition every member who was sent a renewal form was also sent an application form for the car park which certainly ought to have filled the 100 spaces but there again...

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 19 Sep 2006 09:03

Legend Are we able to pay match by match as opposed to £80 for the season ?

no, it was decided to have season tickets so that the steward on the gate does not have to handle money and also give the school the assurance of knowing who has parked on their property. If it is a success it may encourage others who are willing to do a pay on the day system.

Spotters Badge

by Spotters Badge » 19 Sep 2006 12:05

Unfortunately this parking arrangement came too late for me as I had already renewed my parking with the club.

If it is to continue next season then please can it be communicated at the season ticket renewal time?

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 19 Sep 2006 12:32

Spotters Badge Unfortunately this parking arrangement came too late for me as I had already renewed my parking with the club.

If it is to continue next season then please can it be communicated at the season ticket renewal time?

We were still negotiating then this season, but if it is not a success and will not be repeated we will publicise this as soon as we know, and encourage the school to make a decision well before the end of the season.

Having said that you did have a chance to send back your club car park ticket as when they sent it out they warned that for some games even red car park sts would have to park behind the dome and gave a chance to back out of the arrangement. I must admit I expected a run on our car park then but there were very few.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 19 Sep 2006 12:39

Warfield Royal
Winchester Royal Brunel Retail park.

When I was at Brunel Retail park last week I noticed that they were installing a shred your tyres style of parking barrier. How long will this option be viable?

That is only for the 'Boy Racers' who gather on Sundays.

As the retail park is open until 6pm (or at least the shops are) on a Saturday, then I can't see that affecting parking up there.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 19 Sep 2006 15:05

Parking was £7 at Compaq and the Stadium last Saturday for the Eggball game so parking charges are across the board ; though parking at the Holiday Inn was free so that was some compensation for the £10 that is charged.