Are STAR going to do anything to help those banned?

Garry Mann

Are STAR going to do anything to help those banned?

by Garry Mann » 25 Oct 2006 22:46

Or are they going to do what they normally do and stand by the club.

Great opportunity here for STAR to show some strength and help those supporters banned get back in the ground

Sam Tubber

by Sam Tubber » 25 Oct 2006 23:01

Good to see you showing concern for Reading fans Garry. Keep up the good work.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 25 Oct 2006 23:10

STAR should organise a concert to raise financial support and awareness. They can call it Banned Aid.

I'll get my coat.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 25 Oct 2006 23:23

after that joke you should be down on bandy knees.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 25 Oct 2006 23:25

I agree. It's time for STAR to make a stand.

A banned stand.

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

Re: Are STAR going to do anything to help those banned?

by Skin » 25 Oct 2006 23:26

Garry Mann Or are they going to do what they normally do and stand by the club.

Despite what we say about stewards and the 'regime' it really depends on what the alleged crime is.
Standing/swearing/taking photos/ are not banning offences in my opinion. Although fans should be restrained when carrying out these 'offences'. The stewards should also show some restraint when observing these 'offences'.
Throwing objects and fighting, definite banning offences. No-one wants to see this behaviour.
Common sense?
Maybe not, it seems.

Symposium

by Symposium » 26 Oct 2006 02:01

Skin Standing/swearing/taking photos/ are not banning offences in my opinion.

Well, I'd say seriously persistent offending should result in a formal/written warning... then escalating bans, perhaps. Regardless of people's opinions, if it's against the stadium's rules, the club needs to enforce it.[/quote]

Skin Throwing objects and fighting, definite banning offences. No-one wants to see this behaviour.

Agreed. Instant season-long ban. Any further instances should result in a lifetime ban.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 26 Oct 2006 08:14

There should be a way to appeal and STAR should be there to help the fans.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 26 Oct 2006 08:48

Symposium
Skin Throwing objects and fighting, definite banning offences. No-one wants to see this behaviour.

Agreed. Instant season-long ban. Any further instances should result in a lifetime ban.

From what I was told on Sunday that is the reason for the banning orders. If anyone thinks they have been wrongly banned the club has already offered to show us the relevant CCTV footage, so I suspect they are confident that those banned are beyond the pale in most supporters eyes, but I am willing to watch the CCTV footage if anyone involved requests it.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 26 Oct 2006 08:49

M4 Junction 11 There should be a way to appeal and STAR should be there to help the fans.

There is an appeal procedure and the club is happy for STAR to be involved but do those banned want us involved? Not had any requests yet!

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 26 Oct 2006 09:04

Reminds me of that campaign a few years back, what was it again... Free the Renault 5 or something.

Skin
Hob Nob Regular

by Skin » 26 Oct 2006 10:41

Symposium Regardless of people's opinions, if it's against the stadium's rules, the club needs to enforce it.

Whose rule is it that we're not allowed to stand?
The stadiums or the F.A.'s?
What's the argument for this rule anyway. If you have a like minded section of the crowd that want to stand (in front of their seats) who decides they can't and why?
If anyone says health and safety: what stats are there for injuries to people standing in an all-seater stadium?
Can we not try and work with the club on this instead of against it?
Give us a (lenient approach to) standing section?!

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 26 Oct 2006 10:48

Even at my age I miss standing sometimes but it's an all-seater stadium. Now sit down and stop whinging about it.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 26 Oct 2006 11:09

Skin
Symposium Regardless of people's opinions, if it's against the stadium's rules, the club needs to enforce it.

Whose rule is it that we're not allowed to stand?
The stadiums or the F.A.'s?
What's the argument for this rule anyway. If you have a like minded section of the crowd that want to stand (in front of their seats) who decides they can't and why?
If anyone says health and safety: what stats are there for injuries to people standing in an all-seater stadium?
Can we not try and work with the club on this instead of against it?
Give us a (lenient approach to) standing section?!

Let's not forget the real issue here. The away support stand for 90 minutes, come onto the pitch to meet the players and throw projectiles and no action is taken. Photos are taken from the corporate area and no action is taken. Someone stands in Y25 or shouts for the team and the full force of the stewarts come down on them. If the club consistently enforced the rules we would all know where we stand.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 26 Oct 2006 11:13

M4 Junction 11 The away support stand for 90 minutes, come onto the pitch to meet the players and throw projectiles and no action is taken.

And you know that for a fact do you?

STAR on another thread as the Met have been sent CCTV footage to identify the Chelsea supporters involved, so don't believe that they have got away with it and only Reading fans suffered.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 26 Oct 2006 11:21

Have any of the banned fans actually been in contact with STAR asking for support/advice/assistance?

Maybe they should if they want support/advice/assistance from STAR.

Skin
Hob Nob Regular

by Skin » 26 Oct 2006 11:24

Wycombe Royal
M4 Junction 11 The away support stand for 90 minutes, come onto the pitch to meet the players and throw projectiles and no action is taken.

STAR on another thread as the Met have been sent CCTV footage to identify the Chelsea supporters involved, so don't believe that they have got away with it and only Reading fans suffered.

And you honestly believe the Met are really going to follow it up do you?
Anyhow I seem to recall all the cameras focusing on Y25 for that game, so this footage is going to be either non-existant or very brief. Yes there is more than one camera but the one with the best view of the away end is always focused on capturing standing offences in Y25. I know because the stewards have taken geat delight in pointing it out and 'warning' me.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 26 Oct 2006 11:28

Skin
Wycombe Royal

That is neither the clubs or STAR's fault is it? It is up to the MET what they do with the footage.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 26 Oct 2006 11:37

Why did they send it to the Met? Is it TVP who have banned our fans or the club/stewards? Why can't Chelsea ban their own?

Skin
Hob Nob Regular

by Skin » 26 Oct 2006 11:38

Wycombe Royal
Skin
Wycombe Royal

That is neither the clubs or STAR's fault is it? It is up to the MET what they do with the footage.

Of course, but I don't believe that there was anywhere near the same effort made to identify away supporters for going onto the pitch, climbing into the home end, throwing stuff, as there was for identifying the home supporters for standing.
I think the MET are in posession of 2 minutes of Chelsea fans footage at most. I bet the stewards have a full 90 minutes of footage of home fans from the same game though. Thats my beef.