Stewards & away coaches leaving the stadium

164 posts
royal goof

by royal goof » 28 Sep 2006 17:40

Royal Lady I'm still of the opinion that the safety gate is more of a hindrance than a help. You still bump into away fans as you walk past the hotel, having had to circumnavigate the entire ground when leaving the East Stand. If there's going to be trouble, there's going to be trouble - as was witnessed on the A33. Just have loads of police and stewards milling about where the gate would normally be. That way, people coming from the East Stand area can get down the hill quicker and the issue of possible accidents from buses would be more or less alleviated.

We'll have less of that common sense Royal Lady!! :lol:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 28 Sep 2006 18:26

:wink: I've never been to another ground where you're segregated like we are at the end of a match. It's obviously not a legal thing, just some Health and Safety thing that RFC have decided upon. I say, try ditching it now, and see what happens.

M U R T Y

by M U R T Y » 03 Oct 2006 13:26

here here

Royalphil

by Royalphil » 03 Oct 2006 16:29

Agreed... utterly pointless exercise... it's not at the stadium that any trouble ensues..

Look at Upton park? We had to walk around 2 sides of the stadium to get to the Star Coaches, mostly against Hammers fans going the other way in a narrow environment....!! By the way, during which I heard the following exchange...

West Ham Fan: "You only played for a minute!"
Royals Fan Reply: "Yes, isn't it amazing how easy it is to get 3 points here!"

Class!!!

:lol: :lol:

royal goof

Re: Stewards & away coaches leaving the stadium

by royal goof » 14 Oct 2006 08:11

starliaison
royal goof
Yes it happened after the Man City game and in fact happens after EVERY game. Man U was the same. Obviously it is more of a risk after dark though.

Its on Shooters Way (the slope going away from the South stand).

Away fans coaches are allowed to leave whilst thousands of fans are still walking past (after having to walk around the stadium) and are then forced into the right hand side of the road by a line of stewards... The footpath adjacent to Shooters Way is left empty (apart from a few 'rebels' that choose to make their safety a priority)

He is lying if he says he isnt aware of this happening!!! One of the stewards leading this wears an orange jacket and has a beard.

I have passed this info on - though do you mean Hurst Way as Shooters Way is blocked by the safety gate isn't it?

And Cheery I have also passed on your comments.

More when I get a response

Hi - do you have any response from them ahead of tonights game? Or shall we just wait and see what happens..?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 14 Oct 2006 14:06

I predict we'll have to walk right around the ground again, bump into a few knuckle draggers aka Chelsea supporters, witness scenes of unprovoked violence on the A33, possible near misses with away coaches leaving whilst home fans still trying to get down the hill and nothing will change by this time next season.

royal goof

by royal goof » 19 Oct 2006 16:10

royal goof
starliaison
royal goof
Yes it happened after the Man City game and in fact happens after EVERY game. Man U was the same. Obviously it is more of a risk after dark though.

Its on Shooters Way (the slope going away from the South stand).

Away fans coaches are allowed to leave whilst thousands of fans are still walking past (after having to walk around the stadium) and are then forced into the right hand side of the road by a line of stewards... The footpath adjacent to Shooters Way is left empty (apart from a few 'rebels' that choose to make their safety a priority)

He is lying if he says he isnt aware of this happening!!! One of the stewards leading this wears an orange jacket and has a beard.

I have passed this info on - though do you mean Hurst Way as Shooters Way is blocked by the safety gate isn't it?

And Cheery I have also passed on your comments.

More when I get a response

Hi - do you have any response from them ahead of tonights game? Or shall we just wait and see what happens..?

any response yet Starliason? The Chelsea game was as bad as any.. Even started letting the car park out this time as well!

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 19 Oct 2006 17:51

royal goof
any response yet Starliason? The Chelsea game was as bad as any.. Even started letting the car park out this time as well!

No, no reponse.

If I do not hear before I will try to get a meeting before the game on Sunday.

royal goof

by royal goof » 20 Oct 2006 15:04

starliaison
royal goof

No, no reponse.

If I do not hear before I will try to get a meeting before the game on Sunday.

Ok, thank you..

royal goof

by royal goof » 20 Nov 2006 15:50

Still happening...

This week I was told I would get run over if I walked on the path!!

royal goof

by royal goof » 04 Dec 2006 13:47

Bolton: Happened again.. coaches bombing down past lots of fans who were made to walk in the road. Nice.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 04 Dec 2006 13:59

RFC totally get their safety priorities wrong at the Madejski.

Fans who stand are hounded by yellow-jacketed imbeciles, whilst the same yellow-jacketed imbeciles happily let fans play chicken with traffic outside the ground after games.

M U R T Y

by M U R T Y » 04 Dec 2006 17:13

royal goof Bolton: Happened again.. coaches bombing down past lots of fans who were made to walk in the road. Nice.

you must stand there each game and wait for the coaches to leave - as you seem to see it every week??!!

royal goof

by royal goof » 14 Dec 2006 14:15

M U R T Y
royal goof Bolton: Happened again.. coaches bombing down past lots of fans who were made to walk in the road. Nice.

you must stand there each game and wait for the coaches to leave - as you seem to see it every week??!!

I have to walk round the stadium from the East Stand after every game and every week I get to the slope it's at about the same time they let the coaches leave.

So in answer to your observation - Yes, I am in the same area at the same time after every home game.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 14 Dec 2006 14:53

royal goof
M U R T Y

I have to walk round the stadium from the East Stand after every game and every week I get to the slope it's at about the same time they let the coaches leave.

So in answer to your observation - Yes, I am in the same area at the same time after every home game.

Same here. You aren't the only one.....

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 14 Dec 2006 16:49

Last Saturday after the London Irish Game (crowd over 14,000) the cars were leaving the stadium at the same time !!! :evil:

So nothing to compared to a couple of coaches!

cheeryoleary

by cheeryoleary » 14 Dec 2006 21:17

Come on STAR.

You might have a few things on your plate but this is bread and butter stuff. A chance to tackle a problem that spoils the enjoyment of our day out.

Get a result here and demonstrate again that you can represent the feelings and demands of supporters.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 15 Dec 2006 11:48

cheeryoleary Come on STAR.

You might have a few things on your plate but this is bread and butter stuff. A chance to tackle a problem that spoils the enjoyment of our day out.

Get a result here and demonstrate again that you can represent the feelings and demands of supporters.

So sorry I am not doing things to you satisfaction but as my other half has spent the last 8 weeks in hospital (the last 4 weeks in London) and with work and Christmas preparation (in hope as not sure where and when we will have Christmas) I have not chased the safety officer for a reply. It may be remiss but it is way down my list of priorities so I maybe I should get someone else to take it on but in my experience getting a written reply is very hard work. The verbal reply was that the away coaches have to take priority and the instructions should not be to make the Reading supporters walk in the road.

Could one of you who does not like the system be good enough to let me have (in writing so that we can present it as evidence) the quotes from the stewards about how they are instructed and supply that along with the number of the steward so that they can be identified and I will give the ammo to a colleague to follow it up. I am afraid a moan on here is not considered evidence by the safety officer so to take it further we need something more.

cheeryoleary

by cheeryoleary » 15 Dec 2006 12:39

I hope your other half gets better.

When you're back on top of things, take a look at my comments on this thread posted 26 Sep 2006 and we'll pick things up again.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 15 Dec 2006 14:17

cheeryoleary on 26 September . If you need a statement from me, other that the above, just ask.

Yes please, can you send it to info@star-reading.org as I pick those up more frequently

164 posts