Boro coach no.3

LoyalRoyal13

Boro coach no.3

by LoyalRoyal13 » 26 Feb 2007 13:29

Can STAR justify charging £30 to travel on an "executive" coach which obvious benefits included:

A tea/coffee machine which produced slightly warm drinks which were nothing short of disgusting

No videos/DVDs played

and a toilet which was very rarely used due to the fact that we stopped twice anyway!!

LR13

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 26 Feb 2007 13:43

If STAR hire an executive coach, then the prices surely reflect what they paid for it?

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 26 Feb 2007 14:34

Surely an executive coach shouldn't just mean you have a toilet and can have a warm drink. Traveling to Manchester and beyond should mean you have more space. It's agreed this extra comfort will need to be reflected in the additional cost. Not looking for the luxury the players get but something like in the picture below.

Royalphil

by Royalphil » 26 Feb 2007 14:38

Must admit I usual travel by STAR coaches but felt Boro was just one stop too far...

I went by train, left my house at 9:10am and was back in time to watch the highlights of the game on MotD (about 11:20pm). And I caught the end of the Ireland v England rugby game in a bar whilst waiting for the connection at York!

It cost me just over 40 quid... and I got a nice view of the Emirates Stadium as we pulled into Kings Cross.... to which I will travel to next Saturday on STAR...

I think you just have to pick your journies!!

:)

LoyalRoyal13

by LoyalRoyal13 » 26 Feb 2007 14:45

M4 Junction 11 Surely an executive coach shouldn't just mean you have a toilet and can have a warm drink. Traveling to Manchester and beyond should mean you have more space. It's agreed this extra comfort will need to be reflected in the additional cost. Not looking for the luxury the players get but something like in the picture below.

Precisely!

Why did only some coaches get tables and DVD's?

It was not given as an option when we booked, so how can it be fair if the price was the same?

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 26 Feb 2007 15:25

Come on STAR. If you want to know what your members think then ask. Sould not be too difficult to compile a survey form which will also give us something to do next time the DVD is not working ;)

STAR TRAVEL

by STAR TRAVEL » 26 Feb 2007 15:59

LoyalRoyal13
M4 Junction 11 Surely an executive coach shouldn't just mean you have a toilet and can have a warm drink. Traveling to Manchester and beyond should mean you have more space. It's agreed this extra comfort will need to be reflected in the additional cost. Not looking for the luxury the players get but something like in the picture below.

Precisely!

It was not given as an option when we booked, so how can it be fair if the price was the same?

ONE coach not some, came with tables, [b]we did not book it
the coach company sent it to us on the day.[/b] As to DVD players they were there to be used, so was the loo. If we didn't have a loo on the coach for that distance someone would whinge about that. If you want to know something why not come and ask in person? Oh silly me much more fun to hide behind the keyboard. :wink:

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 27 Feb 2007 01:48

STAR TRAVEL
LoyalRoyal13

Precisely!

ONE coach not some, came with tables, [b]we did not book it
the coach company sent it to us on the day.[/b] As to DVD players they were there to be used, so was the loo. If we didn't have a loo on the coach for that distance someone would whinge about that. If you want to know something why not come and ask in person? Oh silly me much more fun to hide behind the keyboard. :wink:

Just in case you were wondering............................

You're only a passenger, so shut the fcuk up.

STAR TRAVEL

Re: Boro coach no.3

by STAR TRAVEL » 27 Feb 2007 07:56

LoyalRoyal13 Can STAR justify charging £30 to travel on an "executive" coach which obvious benefits included:

A tea/coffee machine which produced slightly warm drinks which were nothing short of disgusting

No videos/DVDs played

and a toilet which was very rarely used due to the fact that we stopped twice anyway!!

LR13

By the way, we did not charge "exec" price we charged for a standard coach. So £30 round trip to Middlesbrough was not a bad price. We just cannot win can we? We are damned if we do and damned if we don't.
This season we have quite often taken 10 coaches to a game, that is up to 500 people who all have differing opinions on departure times, where they want to sit, which coach they want to go on, can they have this, can they have that. It is not possible to please everyone, so we do the best we can, all in our spare time I hasten to add. We are just organising a way of getting to a game, it is not obligatory to travel with us. So if you can get to a game in a way that suits you personally that is cheaper, faster, all singing and all dancing then good luck to you.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 27 Feb 2007 08:24

STAR TRAVEL
LoyalRoyal13 Can STAR justify charging £30 to travel on an "executive" coach which obvious benefits included:

No videos/DVDs played

LR13

By the way, we did not charge "exec" price we charged for a standard coach. So £30 round trip to Middlesbrough was not a bad price. We just cannot win can we? We are damned if we do and damned if we don't.
This season we have quite often taken 10 coaches to a game, that is up to 500 people who all have differing opinions on departure times, where they want to sit, which coach they want to go on, can they have this, can they have that. It is not possible to please everyone, so we do the best we can, all in our spare time I hasten to add. We are just organising a way of getting to a game, it is not obligatory to travel with us. So if you can get to a game in a way that suits you personally that is cheaper, faster, all singing and all dancing then good luck to you.

I believe the train to boro cost £63 for an adult. That is with about 3 connections going there, and at least two coming back.

So £30, direct to the stadium entrance, and back direct to the town centre or stadium really is a pretty good deal.

I'm sure STAR could book a coach with bigger leg room, nicer refreshment facillties, etc.... however the cost for you would rise.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 27 Feb 2007 08:30

whine, bitch, moan and complain...why don't you help sort it out for every away game you moaning tit?

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 27 Feb 2007 08:30

LoyalRoyal13

Precisely!

whine, bitch, moan and complain...why don't you help sort it out for every away game you moaning tit?

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 27 Feb 2007 08:41

readingbedding
M4 Junction 11 Come on STAR. If you want to know what your members think then ask. Sould not be too difficult to compile a survey form which will also give us something to do next time the DVD is not working ;)

I think STAR run a great service on travel and nothing beats being taken direct to the stadium. The travel is cheap and there can be no complaint there either. I see nothing wrong looking to see if there are ways in making the experience even better and asking members what they think.

LoyalRoyal13

by LoyalRoyal13 » 27 Feb 2007 09:18

Surely one of the reasons that this forum exists is for us to express opinions about STAR...

Garry Mann

by Garry Mann » 27 Feb 2007 09:52

Yet more moans about STAR.
So, different people want different things, so why not offer a few different match day solutions?

Seems preety simple to me.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 27 Feb 2007 10:11

LoyalRoyal13 and a toilet which was very rarely used due to the fact that we stopped twice anyway!!

This could possibly be the worst complaint ever, perhaps next time you travel on an executive coach you should load up on laxatives before setting off, ensuring full VFM from the facilities provided?

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 27 Feb 2007 10:13

Garry Mann Yet more moans about STAR.
So, different people want different things, so why not offer a few different match day solutions?

Seems preety simple to me.

Pretty simple? You try organising that ,its an absolute nightmare.
Imagine the chaos and yet still you won't suit somebody, people will turn up at the wrong time etc etc etc

Buses 1 and 2 will leave at 7 in the morning for those that want t get trollied before the game
Buses 3 and 4 will leave at 9 for thos e that just want a swift half befor ethe game
Buses 6 and 7 will leave at 10 for those that just want to get to their seat in time for kick off

Buses 1 and 6 will leave immediately after the game

Buses 2 and 3 will leave about and hour after the game

Buses 4 and 7 will leave 3 hours after the game

bus 2 and bus 6 will be the "megabus" options which will have no toilet and will stop for 3 comfort breaks

bus 4 will go via the M4 / A33 rather than our regular back roads to Oxford ....

You organise a buses to suit the majority
They all start and leave at the same time with set pick up and drop off points. If people want an alternative then they can make their own arrangements. STAR do not have a monopoly on coach hire.

I have from time to time run a bus to Glasgow and even on a 17 seater you can't make everyone happy. People seem to think its a taxi not a bus. I have every sympathy with STAR on this

LoyalRoyal13

by LoyalRoyal13 » 27 Feb 2007 10:27

Silver Fox
LoyalRoyal13 and a toilet which was very rarely used due to the fact that we stopped twice anyway!!

This could possibly be the worst complaint ever, perhaps next time you travel on an executive coach you should load up on laxatives before setting off, ensuring full VFM from the facilities provided?

I am saying it because this is one of the "benfefits" for the executive coaches, and due to the fact that there was no other benefits on that coach i.e dvds etc. then I am just wondering why it was £30.

Don't get me wrong, £30 is a very good price and I have had no problems at all with STAR in the past and I am very grateful for the service they provide.

If the £30 we paid was simply for the long journey, then that's fair enough...it's a bargain!!

But the fact is we were told we are paying slightly extra due to the fact that we are travelling on executive coaches with the extra facilities...it's just a case of being misinformed, and I will bear no grudge over it. STAR want feedback so they got it...

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 27 Feb 2007 10:28

only asked for more space and for the DVD to work :?

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 27 Feb 2007 10:44

M4 Junction 11 only asked for more space and for the DVD to work :?

If the DVD works then people would just complain about what was shown on the DVD

So they show last seasons DVD and people that get the bus every week complain its always on

We show something else and people complain why did't they show last seasons DVD. So then you maybe need to supply a list of whats on on what bus when people book.

get yourself one of these ....

http://www.archos.com/products/video/ar ... al&lang=en