Boro coach no.3

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 27 Feb 2007 10:51

weybridgewanderer
M4 Junction 11 only asked for more space and for the DVD to work :?

If the DVD works then people would just complain about what was shown on the DVD

So they show last seasons DVD and people that get the bus every week complain its always on

We show something else and people complain why did't they show last seasons DVD. So then you maybe need to supply a list of whats on on what bus when people book.

get yourself one of these ....

http://www.archos.com/products/video/ar ... al&lang=en

Thanks ... I'm getting one of those :D

Warfield Royal

by Warfield Royal » 27 Feb 2007 13:00

M4 Junction 11
weybridgewanderer
M4 Junction 11 only asked for more space and for the DVD to work :?

If the DVD works then people would just complain about what was shown on the DVD

So they show last seasons DVD and people that get the bus every week complain its always on

We show something else and people complain why did't they show last seasons DVD. So then you maybe need to supply a list of whats on on what bus when people book.

get yourself one of these ....

http://www.archos.com/products/video/ar ... al&lang=en

Thanks ... I'm getting one of those :D

Unfortunately I don't find using a personal DVD player to be very satisfactory if a DVD is playing over the coach loudspeaker system with the speakers just inches from my ears. But if I travel by coach then it is a situation that I accept as part and parcel of travelling by coach.

STAR TRAVEL

Re: Boro coach no.3

by STAR TRAVEL » 27 Feb 2007 13:13

LoyalRoyal13
Silver Fox
LoyalRoyal13 and a toilet which was very rarely used due to the fact that we stopped twice anyway!!

This could possibly be the worst complaint ever, perhaps next time you travel on an executive coach you should load up on laxatives before setting off, ensuring full VFM from the facilities provided?

I am saying it because this is one of the "benfefits" for the executive coaches, and due to the fact that there was no other benefits on that coach i.e dvds etc. then I am just wondering why it was £30.

Don't get me wrong, £30 is a very good price and I have had no problems at all with STAR in the past and I am very grateful for the service they provide.

If the £30 we paid was simply for the long journey, then that's fair enough...it's a bargain!!

But the fact is we were told we are paying slightly extra due to the fact that we are travelling on executive coaches with the extra facilities...it's just a case of being misinformed, and I will bear no grudge over it. STAR want feedback so they got it...

We band our prices, Middlesbrough is a hell of a long way, it is also a two driver job, which effectively means the coach company loses two drivers for two days because of driver times and the law. So imagine what that does to the price of a coach to hire. We kept it to a minimum, we could have charged a lot more. So you got a return trip to Middllesbrough on an exec coach at the same price we would have charged for a standard coach for that distance.
However this has taught me one thing, from now if anyone wants to know something, complain about something they are going to have to do it face to face in the STAR HQ. I will not answer anything else on this forum. The only posts in future will be coach times and prices.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 27 Feb 2007 14:14

Sebastian
What if our constantly increasing support in Ireland, South Korea or nationwide in the UK want to know something - you'll ignore them will you?

To be fair it is "STAR Travel" thats said he would not handle any more objections on this forum not all the STAR reps. STAR don't currently organise buses from ireland or south korea then I don't see this concern being an issue.

If supporters in South Korea or Ireland want to get together set up a branch of STAR and organise travel from there I am sure "STAR Travel" will support them in that requirement but they would need to appoint a local travel co ordinator.

Wonder if you would get an exec coach with toilet and a DVD player from South Korea?

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 27 Feb 2007 16:37

Sebastian
STAR TRAVEL I will not answer anything else on this forum.

I'm sorry but that's just oxf*rd petty. I'm not a STAR user, have never travelled on a STAR bus, but have an interest in all the goings on here, so have a read.

All you've done there is throw your toys out of the pram. STAR is meant to cater to all Reading fans - not just those that can make it to your HQ.

The last time I made the trip to this HQ we were informed that only 6 coaches would be going to Chelsea on Boxing Day, and they were all full (A somewhat large "fcuk off" from Horsemann given the number of coaches taken to other fixtures on non bank Holidays :? )

As an adhoc user, and having reached all other away games since by either car, train or plane, there's nothing written in this thread that makes me want to use this service again.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 28 Feb 2007 11:36

Well they can always email "STAR Travel" and ask for that advice.

"STAR Travel" and other STAR contact details are available on the STAR website

http://www.star-reading.org/contact_us.htm

Gloria Gooner
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gloria Gooner » 28 Feb 2007 15:14

Sebastian I'm sorry but that's just oxf*rd petty. I'm not a STAR user, have never travelled on a STAR bus, but have an interest in all the goings on here, so have a read.

What I do care about is that those working for STAR are doing their jobs properly and in a professional manner.

There will always be moaners, just be polite to them, answer their questions directly, and your life will be so much easier - don't try to solve all their problems - just explain why you can't, regardless of how frustrating it may be to reply to the same question every week.

1) Some of the questions asked are ridiculously petty and don't deserve much response, if any.

2) STAR volunteers are just that, volunteers. To tell volunteers to "do their job professionally" is more than a little harsh - I'm sure they do their paid work professionally, and the best they can when they work for STAR, with all the issues surrounding that.

3) It's fair to point out to moaners that you can't please all of the people, all of the time. Organising any group of people is a nightmare - without STAR, do you think that coaches etc would get arranged? I don't think so.

Whistle

by Whistle » 28 Feb 2007 21:29

Sebastian
STAR TRAVEL I will not answer anything else on this forum.

I'm sorry but that's just oxf*rd petty. I'm not a STAR user, have never travelled on a STAR bus, but have an interest in all the goings on here, so have a read.

All you've done there is throw your toys out of the pram. STAR is meant to cater to all Reading fans - not just those that can make it to your HQ. What if our constantly increasing support in Ireland, South Korea or nationwide in the UK want to know something - you'll ignore them will you?

I have no idea about these complaints, and whether or not they're justified, to be honest, I don't care. What I do care about is that those working for STAR are doing their jobs properly and in a professional manner - by throwing a hissy fit and saying that you're not answering anything else on here - the quickest and easiest way for hundreds if not thousands of fans to get in touch - you've shown you're not up to the job, as you lack the customer service abilty, patience and people skills needed to do such a complex job.

There will always be moaners, just be polite to them, answer their questions directly, and your life will be so much easier - don't try to solve all their problems - just explain why you can't, regardless of how frustrating it may be to reply to the same question every week.

WHAT HAVE YOU EVER DONE TO HELP YOUR FELLOW SUPPORTERS?

Maybe you have done something. Maybe you have done a bit - fair play if you have. But your attitude to STAR TRavel is outrageous. These are volunteers having to handle up to 500 customers a time, all the payments in, switching coaches, abiding by loads of laws and regulations - doing in the evenings probably comes to several hours a week for little direct thanks. Maybe they can be a bit petty or sscrappy once in a while, eh. And they get sh*te like this from some bloke they've never had any dealings with! Not exactly encouraging for a volunteer is Sebastian? Why don't you apologise?

Royal Monk

by Royal Monk » 28 Feb 2007 22:56

I have travelled using the STAR coaches many times and find them a valuable resource

Well done to all at STAR ... your hard work is appreciated by all of us regular users (and occasional users too)

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 01 Mar 2007 09:09

I've not used the supporters coaches for about 15 years when I used it for two or three games.

You know what your getting when you book up, a tiresome journey on a coach stopping at times you probably don't want to etc etc, but thats the deal. It's cheap direct transport for those that might not be able to get there an alternative way.

I can't see that there is anything to moan about really and it's one thing that, from outside, I think STAR get right.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 01 Mar 2007 14:59

I agree.

You are a paying customer and entitled to ask a question and receive a civilised answer.

But, frankly, if I were you' I'd give up now and leave the coach junkies to bask in the reflected glory............................it's not worth it, take the train instead :?

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 01 Mar 2007 15:15

Woodcote Royal I agree.

You are a paying customer and entitled to ask a question and receive a civilised answer.

But, frankly, if I were you' I'd give up now and leave the coach junkies to bask in the reflected glory............................it's not worth it, take the train instead :?

I think you will find the point STAR Travel was trying to make was that if you have comments or questions about coach travel it would be much more sensible to ask it of your coach steward or the co-ordinator when you are there and there is a chance that something may well be done - but it seems to be fun to come on here and often ask the question in a way that certainly makes those who volunteer their time why they bother to spend so much of their spare in order to help other people.

In addition you know that it is possible to visit the STAR base on any home matchday and ask the question direct - but maybe some people prefer to hide behind anonymity and their keyboards.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 01 Mar 2007 15:24

For myself, I'm not knocking the efforts of STAR volunteers but a perfectly reasonable question has been asked here (on the STAR section of HNA? :? ) and the response has been sniffy to say the least...........................from someone hiding behind a keyboard.

It really is more trouble than it's worth.