First Fans Forum of season

comeonyouroyals

Re: First Fans Forum of season

by comeonyouroyals » 20 Jul 2012 01:28

Royal Lady I think it's a bloody cheek that they charge £800 for, what 3 hours?

It wouldn't cost them £800 in wages for bar staff, I'm certain of that! And as Royalblue says, it's a pay bar - so they're raking it in anyway. Perhaps that is another issue STAR need to speak to the club about in all honesty.

You do realize there is more than just staff wages to be covered right? They have license fees, rental fees for the room(it doesn't matter that they are paying the club for it) they have to stock the bar, advertising fees etc etc add to the fact if people are willing to pay that much then you can't really blame them for charging it.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 20 Jul 2012 03:20

:lol:

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 26 Jul 2012 16:13

Royal Lady I think it's a bloody cheek that they charge £800 for, what 3 hours?

It wouldn't cost them £800 in wages for bar staff, I'm certain of that! And as Royalblue says, it's a pay bar - so they're raking it in anyway. Perhaps that is another issue STAR need to speak to the club about in all honesty.

At that rate are looking at an effect cost of about £2 to £2.50 a head for the entire evening (the booking would be for what, 4 hours?)

Other providers in Reading charge £100 an hour for a room that will hold 30 people. (effective £3 an hour per head)

So I think a 3 or 4 hour hire for a room that holds 300 - 400 people for £800 is probably not too bad.

Blue Hooped Moose
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Blue Hooped Moose » 01 Aug 2012 15:48

Royal Lady So why did the CLUB ask graham to remove the offending post? Are they really able to tell people what to do when they didn't even arrange it?

Good question RL - it's since slipped by without an answer. Very unlike you not to chase it down - have you been silenced?! :shock: :?

It's a bit off the Club asking for anything to be taken down from here.

What would happen, say, if someone with a very good memory went to the next forum, typed up everything that was said and then posted it on their own blog free for all to see?
#justsaying

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 03 Aug 2012 16:17

You'd got a terse email from the Club and/or STAR telling you to remove it, I suspect.

I couldn't be bothered to follow up on my original question BHM, because I just get labelled a trouble maker. :roll: I genuinely don't understand how the Club have the right to demand stuff that they haven't arranged. And because the club hadn't arranged it, STAR were charged £800 for the privilege. :roll:

Blue Hooped Moose
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Blue Hooped Moose » 03 Aug 2012 17:38

Royal Lady You'd got a terse email from the Club and/or STAR telling you to remove it, I suspect.

Hmm - but surely on the internetz anything goes? - excluding their being some quirky rule in the STAR membership that says "Everything that goes on in STAR Club, stays in STAR Club"

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 10 Aug 2012 15:44

AGM last night I believe - no news as yet as to whether STAR have agreed to let me act as liaison between them and HNA...

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 13 Aug 2012 17:01

Answer was no.

Oh well. Sorry chaps - I did try.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 14 Aug 2012 12:00

Hard to see the point of STAR continuing to have it's own forum on here to be honest, they are clearly not interested in engaging with Reading supporters beyond their own membership which is catered for by their own website.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 14 Aug 2012 13:49

Schards#2 Hard to see the point of STAR continuing to have it's own forum on here to be honest, they are clearly not interested in engaging with Reading supporters beyond their own membership which is catered for by their own website.

Agreed I'd like to see it removed out of principle.

Northern Git

by Northern Git » 05 Sep 2012 20:08

Royal Lady AGM last night I believe - no news as yet as to whether STAR have agreed to let me act as liaison between them and HNA...

You just know it was not going to happen, much better to keep the 'non Star' supporters at arms length - must not upset the club now must we.

Royal Lady You'd got a terse email from the Club and/or STAR telling you to remove it, I suspect.

I couldn't be bothered to follow up on my original question BHM, because I just get labelled a trouble maker. :roll: I genuinely don't understand how the Club have the right to demand stuff that they haven't arranged. And because the club hadn't arranged it, STAR were charged £800 for the privilege. :roll:

The club demand it because they know how toothless Star is, much better to have a 'tame' Supporters Trust who you can manipulate whilst at the same time spinning the line about being an inclusive family club.

I see that the club complained to STAR, at the last meeting they had, about the post that Cypry put up on here. There was no other comment on the subject in the minutes, wonder why? Was the complaint accepted without question or comment? Did STAR not question the right of the club to censor the free comment and discussion? If I were Cypry I would be asking for a full transcript, as I suspect there was alot of unminuted buck passing his way.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 06 Sep 2012 09:13

Hello stranger - you were, of course, correct on the first matter.

With regards to the second, "allegedly" STAR always say before the meeting that none of what transpired must appear anywhere else. Whether that is a STAR directive or they are doing what the club tells them, I couldn't say. All I know is, if I or someone like me, were involved in being told by the club that we mustn't allow anything to appear in social media, I'd defo be asking why.

Cypry

by Cypry » 06 Sep 2012 09:24

Northern Git
Royal Lady AGM last night I believe - no news as yet as to whether STAR have agreed to let me act as liaison between them and HNA...

You just know it was not going to happen, much better to keep the 'non Star' supporters at arms length - must not upset the club now must we.

The club demand it because they know how toothless Star is, much better to have a 'tame' Supporters Trust who you can manipulate whilst at the same time spinning the line about being an inclusive family club.

I see that the club complained to STAR, at the last meeting they had, about the post that Cypry put up on here. There was no other comment on the subject in the minutes, wonder why? Was the complaint accepted without question or comment? Did STAR not question the right of the club to censor the free comment and discussion? If I were Cypry I would be asking for a full transcript, as I suspect there was alot of unminuted buck passing his way.

Water off a ducks back to me - I really don't give two hoots what was/wasn't said about me, as long as STAR learn from the issue - I'm considering going tonight anyway, but I'll be expecting to hear it made very clear at the start of the event that the content should not be published.....

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 06 Sep 2012 12:04

And then do it anyway

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 07 Sep 2012 11:52

Can anyone who attended last night confirm if it was made clear that the material they were about to hear couldn't be discussed outside the room?

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 07 Sep 2012 11:53

Green Can anyone who attended last night confirm if it was made clear that the material they were about to hear couldn't be discussed outside the room?

Yes, it was made clear, and the reasons for this were given.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 07 Sep 2012 13:02

Alexander Litvinenko
Green Can anyone who attended last night confirm if it was made clear that the material they were about to hear couldn't be discussed outside the room?

What were they?

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 07 Sep 2012 13:09

I'll paraphrase and summarise :

The fans forums are held on the understanding that there will be no publishing of what's said in them. Press are banned, as are RFC themselves.

This means that the participants know that they can speak more freely and not be reported on.

Once what's said is quickly released publicly this principle is lost, and so those who come to later forums know that what they say is likely to be published, and so what you end up with is not much more than a stage-managed press conference with everyone on their guard

It's not so important with players as they are less likely to say things that could be damaging, but managers, owners, chairmen etc speaking freely will say a lot more than they might otherwise - and SC & BMc did and do.

Think of it as Chatham House Rule applying.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 07 Sep 2012 13:14

Alexander Litvinenko

OK, thanks. Hope you're not going to get in trouble for divulging that.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 07 Sep 2012 13:23

Alexander Litvinenko Think of it as Chatham House Rule applying.

No - that would mean we could report what was said, but not who said it.