can star organise free coaches for Norwich??

136 posts
Scrappy

Re: Norwich away

by Scrappy » 19 Mar 2009 10:45

Imagine if it is the night we are due to get promoted. Many of us will be sat in our local, hopefully rammed with other Reading fans, ready to get the evening started. I may sound like a true romantic when I'm saying this but for me, I'd be brilliant. I know I would love to be there but at the end of the day, we will have a better position as to what we need to do if promotion is still on the cards.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

can star organise free coaches for Norwich??

by WoodleyRoyal » 19 Mar 2009 10:47

as its the last away game and we've been royally F*KD by sky!!!!

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 19 Mar 2009 12:17

Norfolk Royal I'm still going. Part time fans.

Can you put us up in your barn overnight?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Mar 2009 12:39

WoodleyRoyal it would be nice if star arranged some free coaches for a change!

Yeah, STAR is well know for having pot loads of spare cash sitting around.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 19 Mar 2009 12:41

Can't see why Norwich aren;t giving us free tickets, and Sky should be offering free subscriptions to those who can't be bothered to actually go !

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 19 Mar 2009 12:46

Not specifically star to pay for it but to contact the club to see if there willing to pay for it. I can see what will happen we will only take a few, everyone will watch on the t.v as theres no return train, the only way is to drive or get the coach. And what could be a VERY important game we want as many fans there as possible.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 19 Mar 2009 12:48

Sun Tzu Can't see why Norwich aren;t giving us free tickets, and Sky should be offering free subscriptions to those who can't be bothered to actually go !

No need to get sarcy its not an unreasonable request, clubs often put on free coaches to less important games than this could be!

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 19 Mar 2009 13:04

I'm surprised they've chosen this one with the potential for the final game set up. Would they choose that one as well if it's a winner take all match?

I had this trip all planned. Going to stay with friends in Narich for the weekend with a visit to a girl in Wisbech I like a lot either on the way or the way back. Pretty miffed by this... Now considering if I can afford to use 2 days holiday of my valuable 15 a year for this trip...

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 19 Mar 2009 13:07

Why use holiday when you can pull a sickie? :P

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 19 Mar 2009 13:10

Hmm... And risk being seen on live tv throwing a large inflatable JCB around the stand... Not a great plan.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 19 Mar 2009 13:14

WoodleyRoyal it would be nice if star arranged some free coaches for a change!

Surely we should be looking for a gesture from the players on this occasion?

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 19 Mar 2009 13:19

Sun Tzu
moo How do they get away with this?

I think in simple terms it's called a legally binding contract signed by the clubs in returns for millions of pounds.

Clause 1 states 'screw the fans'.

Not so, I would guess that more Reading fans will now be able to watch this due it being on Sky.

Watching Norwich away on TV > going to Norwich away

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 19 Mar 2009 13:20

indeed its usually the same faces at away games, it would be a nice gesture to the fans that have followed them country wide this season. Especially considering the current economic situation

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 19 Mar 2009 13:24

WoodleyRoyal indeed its usually the same faces at away games, it would be a nice gesture to the fans that have followed them country wide this season. Especially considering the current economic situation

How would you determine these fans, those that have been to the most games, travelled the furthest, best replica shirt? LOL @ people demanding free transport to a game. If you can't afford it, then don't go and watch it on the tv

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 19 Mar 2009 13:46

stoke 22nd december 2008- Nearly 3,500 Stoke City fans headed north to Blackburn on 68 coaches put on free of charge by the club. Reporter Adam Blakeman made the 140-mile round trip with supporters on coach 68.

March 6Th 2009-Grimsby put on 10 free coaches to chester

March 22nd 2009 -Hull City are offering fans free travel to Wigan Athletic providing you book a place on a Tiger Travel coach for Hull`s mid-week game at Fulham.

Feb 4th-2009 THE hardy Argyle fans who braved the freezing weather and the long haul to Preston last night are to be rewarded for their loyalty with free coach travel to the club's next away game.

why shouldn't we ask?

Negative_Jeff

by Negative_Jeff » 19 Mar 2009 13:54

Things have cheered up a bit. There is a return train 22.00 to Liverpool St 12 quid return National Express East Anglia,back in time for the late tube across town. Get in!

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 19 Mar 2009 13:55

Everyone jumping on the bandwagon saying how gutted they are because they would of gone - yeah right!!!

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 19 Mar 2009 13:58

WoodleyRoyal
why shouldn't we ask?

No reason. Just expect the same answer as has been given before.

For the record though there has been free transport provided for Royals fans in the past. The players paid for coaches to Swindon a few years back when the game got shifted at late notice to Valentines Day. STAR have also done special deals for people who have travelled regularly IIRC.

I can see the argument in favour but i can also see the case that says why should you suddenly expect free travel if you've not bothered to support the team away all season ? If the only thing that would make you go to the game is not having to spend a tenner on a coach seat then are you going to really go and back the team ?

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 19 Mar 2009 14:02

There's no case to be made for subsidising/rewarding "regular" travellers for all the reasons stated.

But there is a case to be made for subsidising/sponsoring transport to ensure that the support at what will probably be a very important away match is as large as possible, considering the circumstances.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 19 Mar 2009 14:07

Sun Tzu
WoodleyRoyal
why shouldn't we ask?

No reason. Just expect the same answer as has been given before.

For the record though there has been free transport provided for Royals fans in the past. The players paid for coaches to Swindon a few years back when the game got shifted at late notice to Valentines Day. STAR have also done special deals for people who have travelled regularly IIRC.

I can see the argument in favour but i can also see the case that says why should you suddenly expect free travel if you've not bothered to support the team away all season ? If the only thing that would make you go to the game is not having to spend a tenner on a coach seat then are you going to really go and back the team ?

i dont about the last bit, it being on t.v i think all the plastics are going to be staying home anyway

136 posts