STAR to West Ham and kick-off time confirmation

AJ~
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

STAR to West Ham and kick-off time confirmation

by AJ~ » 12 Sep 2006 11:25

Saw this advertised in yesterday's programme for a reasonable £10, although the departure time of 10.30am seemed rather early to me with it being listed as a 3pm kick-off.

Upon going to the West Ham site I discovered they have it listed as a 2pm kick-off, which would make the departure time make a bit more sense, so I will presume this is the confirmed kick-off time? The club not only have it wrongly listed as 3pm in the programme but on the official website as well...hopefully they're going to turn up on time on the day. :shock:

Anyway, when will STAR be taking bookings for this from? I'm looking to go even though it will be scary experience having never used the coach service before before and having to go all by myself. :cry:

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 12 Sep 2006 11:56

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

Re: STAR to West Ham and kick-off time confirmation

by STAR Liaison » 12 Sep 2006 12:28

AJ~
Anyway, when will STAR be taking bookings for this from? I'm looking to go even though it will be scary experience having never used the coach service before before and having to go all by myself. :cry:

We were taking bookings for this before the game last night and I can confirm it is a 2pm ko and it does only cost £10 for the coach.

Don't be scared, there are some very ordinary Reading fans on the coaches, as well as some extraordinary people :D and a lot travel on their own but soon make more acquaintances/friends.

anR

by anR » 12 Sep 2006 14:37

AJ~ Saw this advertised in yesterday's programme for a reasonable £10, although the departure time of 10.30am seemed rather early to me with it being listed as a 3pm kick-off.

I take it you were happy with missing the kick off at Villa and not having enough time for a pint at Wigan before the kick off?

There are enough complications in arriving at the ground earlier without fans moaning about it!

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 12 Sep 2006 14:53

Agreed, I'd much prefer to get to grounds earlier and have a pint.

AJ~
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AJ~ » 12 Sep 2006 14:54

anR
AJ~ Saw this advertised in yesterday's programme for a reasonable £10, although the departure time of 10.30am seemed rather early to me with it being listed as a 3pm kick-off.

I take it you were happy with missing the kick off at Villa and not having enough time for a pint at Wigan before the kick off?

There are enough complications in arriving at the ground earlier without fans moaning about it!

:shock: What the hell are you on about? Have I missed a whoosh here, or have you not read the original post properly and are just quoting that sentence out of context?

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 12 Sep 2006 15:11

Tenner on the trains with a Railcard, why bother with STAR?

anR

by anR » 12 Sep 2006 16:08

AJ~
anR

:shock: What the hell are you on about? Have I missed a whoosh here, or have you not read the original post properly and are just quoting that sentence out of context?

I'm referring to your worry about arriving at grounds 'too early' on a STAR bus. Being early is always better than being late, as Villa and Wigan proved. For example, I would be devastated at a late arrival time for the Newcastle game. 7 hours in a coach there, match then back... I want to be at grounds early, so there is more to the day than sitting on a bus.

This is a seperate issue I have away from your original point. If less people were against leaving early, coaches would leave earlier and fans would see less late games and more of the oppositions grounds.

AJ~
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AJ~ » 12 Sep 2006 17:19

anR I'm referring to your worry about arriving at grounds 'too early' on a STAR bus. Being early is always better than being late, as Villa and Wigan proved. For example, I would be devastated at a late arrival time for the Newcastle game. 7 hours in a coach there, match then back... I want to be at grounds early, so there is more to the day than sitting on a bus.

No no, there was no worry/complaint on my behalf about arriving too early. I usually arrive hours before kick-off when travelling with someone via car to be safe, not a problem. Just when flicking through the programme it seemed an early time for STAR (who tend not to arrive well in advance) to be heading off for a 3pm kick-off, hence my suspicion that the coach or kick-off time printed was incorrect - the latter ending up being the case.

bb0118
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by bb0118 » 12 Sep 2006 17:30

OS are still saying 3pm:

http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/pa ... 06,00.html

October
Sun 1 15:00 A West Ham PREM

Although Wet shams site is saying 2pm:

http://www.whufc.com/tickets/?page_id=7 ... 1159707600

Barclays Premiership
Sunday 1st October 2006
Kick-off: 2:00 pm Venue: Upton Park

Warfield Royal

by Warfield Royal » 12 Sep 2006 18:07

I expect Reading FC will correct the information when they advertise the tickets going on sale.

West ham v Reading is not a Sky TV game so why is it on a Sunday?

AJ~
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AJ~ » 12 Sep 2006 18:09

Warfield Royal I expect Reading FC will correct the information when they advertise the tickets going on sale.

West ham v Reading is not a Sky TV game so why is it on a Sunday?

UEFA Cup I think.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 12 Sep 2006 19:42

The scoreboard said at half time a 3pm kick off. And to ring the sales centre for tickets.

:roll:

AJ~
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AJ~ » 14 Sep 2006 15:09

I e-mailed the club to let them know they'd got it wrong on the website/programme/scoreboard and just got a reply saying that the game is at 3pm.

Have sent them links to the official West Ham and Premier League websites this time to try convince them its not!

The Cube

by The Cube » 15 Sep 2006 14:03

http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10306~897784,00.html

The Club would like to reaffirm that our game at West Ham United on Sunday 1st October kicks off at 2pm. The game has been
moved because of the Hammers' involvement in the UEFA Cup the previous Thursday. The match is not live on Sky TV, but
will kick off at 2pm.

LOL at "reaffirm". Go on, AJ~, post the e-mail you got from them yesterday.

anR

by anR » 15 Sep 2006 17:03

I must say, this is slightly awkward. What's wrong with 3pm? Why do they show non televised games at such a time on a Sunday? My sensible head says to help fans get back home on a 'public transport inconsiderate' Sunday, but on that particular day, my hungover head will be begging for a 3pm kick off!

AJ~
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AJ~ » 15 Sep 2006 18:31

The Cube http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10306~897784,00.html

The Club would like to reaffirm that our game at West Ham United on Sunday 1st October kicks off at 2pm. The game has been
moved because of the Hammers' involvement in the UEFA Cup the previous Thursday. The match is not live on Sky TV, but
will kick off at 2pm.

LOL at "reaffirm". Go on, AJ~, post the e-mail you got from them yesterday.

:D It just said "The game is at 3pm. Thanks". I replied with the official links saying otherwise, and got the following back today just after that article went up:

"You are absolutely correct, and thank you for pointing this out.
Much appreciated"

So that's my contribution for the season. Should have been worth 10 royalty points. ;)

Farnborough Royal

by Farnborough Royal » 17 Sep 2006 10:48

Im going on my own too :cry:

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 17 Sep 2006 10:56

Tickets on sale for WHU and Pompey from Wednesday :D
I thought you needed to buy match tickets before you could book STAR travel.

STAR TRAVEL

by STAR TRAVEL » 17 Sep 2006 13:15

We have already started taking bookings for West Ham and will start Portsmouth on Tuesday. STAR HQ will be open for business as usual on Tuesday evening before the game, at half time and afterwards.

We are going to revise the future opening times on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, it will be as follows.

7.15pm to 9.00pm