Important information for STAR Exile Groups

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Keeper

Important information for STAR Exile Groups

by Keeper » 14 Feb 2007 20:57

New Terms and Conditions have been agreed by the Club and STAR regarding our STAR Exile Groups.

They can be found at http://www.star-reading.org/news/Exiles%20Conditions%2029%20Jan%2007.pdf

The reason this has been produced is because RFC wanted a set procedure on how to apply for Exiles tickets, not to make it harder but to ensure all ticket applications from exiles are treated as efficiently as possible.

This was also to help our Branch Chairmen in their roles and to enable them to do things more effectively and offer a better service to our members and to ensure that all of our branches are run in the same manner and that they can be run in the same way in the future and that all Exiles are treated fairly, both as between themselves and relative to other members of STAR and hopefully to make it easier to set up new branches here and abroad.

Also this ensures that ticket applications for exile groups conform with all rules and regulations referring to sales of football match tickets.

All that has changed is that the Club need individual payment details from each member, along with their membercard number and STAR membership number, this will still be coordinated by your branch Chairmen.

It is also very important that each member applies for tickets through the correct branch, if you are unsure of which branch you should belong to or if there is a branch you can belong to please email me at exiles@star-reading.org

Also every applicant needs to have current STAR membership, if you have any queries on your membership or wish to know how to join please also email me above or at membership@star-reading.org

Finally if you think you are affected by this please do not hesitate to contact me, or your branch chairman so that we can ensure there are no problems with any future ticket applications as the Club have to adhere to these terms strictly

ShrewsandRoyals

by ShrewsandRoyals » 14 Feb 2007 21:13

Is this in force immediately?

The regulations state each member must provide credit/debit details and authorise RFC to take payment. Although it may be blindingly obvious, given my past experiences of being repeatedly asked by the ticket office to provide an independent email address for a 5 year old, I shall ask the following.....U16's without credit/debit cards will be linked to parents cards without a problem?

Will the club be posting out the required authority to pay forms to all exiles immediately so they can be returned and processed before they are needed for the next ticket sales?

66DD

by 66DD » 15 Feb 2007 07:46

Does this mean that instead of buying tickets directly from the club that, if you are a member of an exiles branch, it must be done using this method. If so that is totally and wholly unacceptable.

Keeper

by Keeper » 15 Feb 2007 08:25

66DD Does this mean that instead of buying tickets directly from the club that, if you are a member of an exiles branch, it must be done using this method. If so that is totally and wholly unacceptable.

Of course not, it means that there are new practices that do apply if you submit applications through the Branch

Anyone can apply for tickets themselves if they wish to

Keeper

by Keeper » 15 Feb 2007 08:31

ShrewsandRoyals Is this in force immediately?

The regulations state each member must provide credit/debit details and authorise RFC to take payment. Although it may be blindingly obvious, given my past experiences of being repeatedly asked by the ticket office to provide an independent email address for a 5 year old, I shall ask the following.....U16's without credit/debit cards will be linked to parents cards without a problem?

Will the club be posting out the required authority to pay forms to all exiles immediately so they can be returned and processed before they are needed for the next ticket sales?

For applications made for children, then of course this can be linked to the adults card, no they do not need to submit their own details (I would hope that the Club don't make the same sort of mistake that you mentioned with this)

The required forms will be sent to you by your Branch Chairmen, if you submit an aplication to them for a game when you haven't done so previously they will ensure that a new form is sent to you.

Also if there are enough people who would like me to, I can bring some forms to Manchester United/Middlesbrough for people to take away and return to the Club, I understand that some the Northern Royals have been sent forms by email, and all others will get forms.

For Midland Royals, The payment for tickets for Aresnal and Tottenham will be taken as was done previously through your Branch Chairman and your tickets will be posted directly to you, this new system will take effect for you from the Charlton game to ensure you have plenty of time to get your forms to the Club.

royal_ali

by royal_ali » 15 Feb 2007 21:23

im still trying to get myself added to midlands with no sucess

Keeper

by Keeper » 16 Feb 2007 12:11

PM me your details and I will try and help

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1