Everyone's favourite tabloid journo confirmed for 23 Feb

302 posts
AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 22 Feb 2007 21:12

for those that are so anti the programme tomorrow, boycott it, don't listen whatever.............

..........I would be the first one to pull the trigger on Ken Livingstone and his love child in Reading, John Howarth, but at least I like to listen to what they have got to say in defence.....so as I can have a bit of a conscience as I despatch the bullet.

Last question Joel and team.....................is Mr Holt getting paid for his time tonght?

If so, would he care to donate it to Ulises De La Cruz's cause to show that there are no hard feelings?

(guess the "Royal Families charity will just get him off on one again one :wink: )

ElmParker
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by ElmParker » 22 Feb 2007 22:35

Para Handy Good to see you back btw.

Ta very much. Nice to be here.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 23 Feb 2007 09:41

M4 Junction 11
southbank1871
Your constant promotion of Reading 107 and knocking of BBCRB is getting boring now.

sorry :oops:

--------------------------------------------------------------
Reading 107, the official station of Reading FC

You've certainly changed your tune M4!

In this threadabout 107's Ben Jacobs...

M4 Junction 11 TURD :evil:

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 23 Feb 2007 10:45

Mr Holt,

You are quoted by the Chronicle saying "The challenge polarised the nation: 50% thought it was accidental, 50% thought it was deliberate. I just happen to think that it was deliberate." and I believe you also contend that 'the football world' is split 50/50 over Hunt's tackle.

I am very interested to learn where you get this information.

I can remember allegations of 'intent to harm' from Mourinho and Chelsea, Neil Warnock (who also has an anti-Reading agenda) and um... yourself.

Those taking the view that this was 'more than likely an accident' include The FA, Steve Coppell, Arsene Wenger, Bob Wilson, Alan Shearer, Alan Hansen and of course the referee, Mike Riley.

In the press the red tops immediately condemned Hunt but the Sun soon dropped it.

Opinion pieces in the Telegraph, Guardian, Independent, Observer, Daily Mail and even Martin Samuel in the News Of The World all backed up Stephen Hunt.

There are one or two 'fence-sitters' like Lawrenson who said "only Stephen Hunt knows what his intentions were" but surely you have to concede that yours is in fact the minority view. If not, please tell us who else believes Stephen Hunt set out to harm Petr Cech.

-------------------------------------------------------

Have you seen the video of the incident (the view from behind Hunt) where, in slow motion, you can see Cech's leg collide with Hunt's foot which in turn causes Hunt's knee to drop and bang into Cech's head?

If you haven't, please do so and take a careful look. I think you will find you owe Hunt and Reading Football Club an apology.

EDIT: Video linked in Berkshire Born's post below. Good find BB!
Last edited by TFF on 23 Feb 2007 14:03, edited 1 time in total.

Ollie

by Ollie » 23 Feb 2007 11:34

Oliver Holt is not being paid for his appearance on tonight's programme.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 23 Feb 2007 11:38

That Friday Feeling
M4 Junction 11
southbank1871
Your constant promotion of Reading 107 and knocking of BBCRB is getting boring now.

sorry :oops:

You've certainly changed your tune M4!

In this threadabout 107's Ben Jacobs...

M4 Junction 11 TURD :evil:

If the choice is Ben Jacobs 107 or Oliver Holt's BBCRB I know what radio station I'll be listening to in the future.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 23 Feb 2007 11:43

That Friday Feeling -------------------------------------------------------

Have you seen the video of the incident (the view from behind Hunt) where, in slow motion, you can see Cech's leg collide with Hunt's foot which in turn causes Hunt's knee to drop and bang into Cech's head?

If you haven't, please do so and take a careful look. I think you will find you owe Hunt and Reading Football Club an apology.

The last four seconds - VIDEO.

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 23 Feb 2007 12:25

Mr. Holt.

Do you have any positive comments to make about Reading FC?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 23 Feb 2007 12:38

Ollie Oliver Holt is not being paid for his appearance on tonight's programme.

He should be paying you for stealing air time to promote himself/his rag!

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 23 Feb 2007 12:53

Mr Holt,

In a little over three years Roman Abramovic has spent half a billion pounds buying Premiership success - do you think that's a good thing for English football?

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 23 Feb 2007 13:34

Yorkshire Royal In fact it could be said that football IS a religion. But again, that would be a ludicrous thing to argue.....

Just waiting for the next census when we can all list Reading FC as our practiced religion.

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

by wolsey » 23 Feb 2007 13:42

Mr Holt,

please give your preferences:

Stephen Hunt or Ben Thatcher

Ulises de la Cruz or Craig Bellamy

John Madejski or Peter Risdale

Henry Winter or John Gaunt

Stadium names: Madejski or the Emirates/Reebok/JJB/Kitkat Crescent

Also, a question:

Do you think that you will retain your title of "Sportswriter of the Year" if you put your name to any more articles of the calibre that you have produced in the last week?

Berkshire Born

by Berkshire Born » 23 Feb 2007 13:52

Please ask Mr Holt to watch this video with you tonight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4n74X4l ... ed&search=

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 23 Feb 2007 14:18

That Friday Feeling Mr Holt,

In a little over three years Roman Abramovic has spent half a billion pounds buying Premiership success - do you think that's a good thing for English football?

Not sure what his total spending is but I was under the impression that the transfer fee's amounted to under £300M since his arrival. Manchester United have only spent £200M in the last 5 years so that definately doesn't count as buying success.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 23 Feb 2007 14:28

soggy biscuit
That Friday Feeling Mr Holt,

Not sure what his total spending is but I was under the impression that the transfer fee's amounted to under £300M since his arrival. Manchester United have only spent £200M in the last 5 years so that definately doesn't count as buying success.

"Chelsea have insisted that Roman Abramovich, their billionaire owner, has no intention of walking away from the club despite it recording losses of £80.2 milllion over the past year.

Simon Greenberg, the club's director of public affairs, offered the reassurance this morning as Chelsea released figures for the year ended June 2006. Costs have been cut by 42.9 per cent, which keeps the big-spending Premiership champions on target to break even by 2009-10.

Asked if the figures were a sign of success on the financial front, Greenberg said: "No, I do not think it is success. It is moving in the right direction, reducing losses and increasing major income streams. Our turnover was up and football activities increased income by 6.6 per cent."

Greenberg believes cost is important to Abramovich, who has ploughed around £500 million into the Stamford Bridge club. "It matters to him and it matters to us as we have an ambitious and challenging target of breaking even by June 2010," he said. "We are on track or at least hope to get very near to it.

"We are not spending as much as we used to do on players' wages and they are more manageable. Although wages are slightly up across the group, players' wages are down by 2 per cent. We think that has become more stable and as revenues grow the business will become more successful."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 405375.ece

Ollie

by Ollie » 23 Feb 2007 17:11

Questions have been collected. Many thanks all.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 23 Feb 2007 17:14

Ollie Questions have been collected. Many thanks all.

Ollie, quick question, can I listen to this online?

Ollie

by Ollie » 23 Feb 2007 17:27

Absolutely. You can listen to the phone-in live online from 6pm, and listen again for seven days from later on this evening (as long as the technology behaves itself. If not I'll do a montage of the best bits).

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 23 Feb 2007 17:29

Ollie Absolutely. You can listen to the phone-in live online from 6pm, and listen again for seven days from later on this evening (as long as the technology behaves itself. If not I'll do a montage of the best bits).

Awesome, cheers mate!

302 posts