Was Murts on this morning ?

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jetsetwilly

Was Murts on this morning ?

by jetsetwilly » 15 Jan 2007 11:14

Never remember to stick on Radio Berks on a monday morning. Was Murts doing his regular bit, did he say if he'd been close for yesterday etc ? Any other insight ?

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 15 Jan 2007 13:44

Reports I heard was that he was close, but no cigar, on Saturday and that he is hoping to be back in full training today so chances are he will make the Sheff U game.

jetsetwilly

by jetsetwilly » 15 Jan 2007 14:14

Does anyone ever listen to this ? The once or twice I've remembered to tune in, it's normally been really insightful, but nobody ever seems to talk about it. Assume everyone is busy commuting !

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 15 Jan 2007 17:40

Problem I find is that although Graeme's in the studio with his wife for an hour by the time the news, weather, sportsdesk, travel, Maggie being up a tree/duck/prison/health farm in some obscure village, the little 'generation' game for the kids and other phone calls to 5 yr olds to wish them happy birthday (or other kids who support Arsenal/Chelsea/Spurs etc.) have all had their go he actually gets asked not much more than "when will you/kits/little/doyle etc. be back from injury" and "what did you make of the game at the weekend"

The Surgeon of Crowthorne

by The Surgeon of Crowthorne » 15 Jan 2007 21:35

This week all Murts had time for was to answer the question as to who farts the most as apparently Hunty had managed to empty a post match press conference after dropping his guts. Karen got more time talking about dancing.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 15 Jan 2007 22:48

The Surgeon of Crowthorne This week all Murts had time for was to answer the question as to who farts the most as apparently Hunty had managed to empty a post match press conference after dropping his guts.

That might be my fault :oops:

M4 Junction 11
Ollie As for the fart question, I just had a strange moment of thinking "I wonder if I'm allowed to say 'fart' on BBCRB" as I was asking it, so didn't. Of course I am - but sometimes when there's a microphone in front of you, you can end up thinking/saying daft things (e.g. Joel "Sibierski cracks one off from 20 yards" Hufford).

If it's any consolation, next time I need to ask Tim about flatulence on the radio, I'll be sure to use the word 'fart'. :wink:

BBC Guidance It is not possible to compile a definitive list of offensive words. Language is fluid, with new word and phrases regularly entering the public vocabulary. , . Also, the power of established terms to offend may change over time... For example, racist abuse or pejorative terms relating to physical or mental illness and sexual orientation have become increasingly unacceptable to audiences. The following examples indicate the differing offensiveness of language. It is by no means definitive. If in doubt consult a senior editorial figure within your department or Editorial Policy:

The most offensive language includes terms such as oxf*rd, motherfucker and oxf*rd (which are subject to mandatory referrals); others such as cocksucker and nigger are also extremely offensive to audiences.

Moderately offensive language includes terms such as oxf*rd, pussy, bastard, etc. Care should be taken with using moderately offensive terms and they are almost certain to generate complaints if used in pre-watershed programmes.

Mildly offensive language includes crap, Jesus, Christ, knob etc. Terms such as bloody, God, prat, tart etc are all very mildly offensive terms - nonetheless they should not be used indiscriminately.

I think you'll be okay with the occasional 'fart' but don't oxf*rd call anyone a knob :roll:

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1