The obligatory "I've travelled 10000 miles" fan

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 25 Sep 2006 14:52

Anyone able to find the link on the EP website that has the update news story on it?

Custard Cream

by Custard Cream » 25 Sep 2006 14:57

That has made me mad as hell!!!

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 25 Sep 2006 15:12

RG30 Anyone able to find the link on the EP website that has the update news story on it?

I've looked, I don't think it's up on there yet or whether they intend to put it up.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 25 Sep 2006 15:20

Copied and pasted from the other thread:

Why have they run a story about a "loyal royal" complaining that the club wouldn't sell him a ticket for the Man Utd game on the grounds that it was sold out

Chap has lived in Australia for the last 15 years and seems to be outraged that they expect him to have attended games and earn't royalty points in order to buy a ticket before they went on general sale.

Well excuse me Mr Loyal Royal, but how many fcuking games have you been to in the last 15 years and why do you deserve a ticket more than those of us who have probably been to more matches in the last 6 months than you probably have in the last 15 years!

So what if you've booked your flights for a 24 hour stay in the UK? Reading FC didn't force you to do so.

I'll be upset if I read in Monday's Evening Post that someone has given him a ticket out of sympathy just because he chose to live in Australia and chose not go to games regularly. This man is no longer a local and not a loyal fan.

I've spoken to someone who managed to buy a Man U ticket having only been to three Reading games. Apparantley they had enough points.

Royalty points were introduced roughly three seasons ago, So it's a reasonable assumption to conclude that this bloke from Australia has been to less than three games in the last three years.

Totally undeserving of a ticket IMHO.

You get 10 points if you pay £10 and sign up for a member card
You get 10 points for £10 if you join STAR
You get something like 2 points for a home reseve game
You get 20 points for the Feynord friendly
You get 20 points for the Darlington Cup game (£9 a ticket)
You get 5 points for a home league game

Basically, this guy could have bought enough points from getting a member card and a Darlington Cup ticket. £19 total.

Custard Cream

by Custard Cream » 25 Sep 2006 15:33

Just as well we are planning of extending the stadium - so people like this 'loyal royal' can buy tickets once every 15 years!

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 25 Sep 2006 16:01

If I'd have known this before the game, I would have sold mine for £100 to him

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 25 Sep 2006 16:45

Can our Australian posters confirm his statement?

fanatical royal fan
I simply couldn't believe it - I hadn't seen Reading play for years and there is no coverage of the Premiership in Australia, so I had no idea that it had changed so much and that the club had got so big
Last edited by STAR Liaison on 25 Sep 2006 16:47, edited 1 time in total.

WestCoast Life
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by WestCoast Life » 25 Sep 2006 16:47

starliaison Can our Australian posters confirm his statement?

[quote ="fanatical royal fan"]

I simply couldn't believe it - I hadn't seen Reading play for years and as there is no coverage of the Premiership in Australia, so I had no idea that ithad changed so much and that the club had got so big
[/quote]

so he hasn't got access to the internet (and ReadingWorld videos etc) then ?

OzBiscuit2004
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by OzBiscuit2004 » 25 Sep 2006 16:49

fanatical royal fan
I simply couldn't believe it - I hadn't seen Reading play for years and there is no coverage of the Premiership in Australia, so I had no idea that it had changed so much and that the club had got so big

He is lying. We get up to 6 live Prem games a week here on pay TV, including a 3pm Saturday kick off. Most Saturday nights/Sunday mornings we get a triple header.

No Hoops
Hob Nob Regular

by No Hoops » 25 Sep 2006 17:48

OzBiscuit2004

fanatical royal fan

He is lying. We get up to 6 live Prem games a week here on pay TV, including a 3pm Saturday kick off. Most Saturday nights/Sunday mornings we get a triple header.

I'm lucky if i get a peck on the cheek, let alone a triple header!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 25 Sep 2006 18:04

According to tonight's EP he not only got a ticket through the club, with help from EP, but sat in a hospitality box with Eamonn Holmes. Serves him bloddy right!

Chris_Brunt

by Chris_Brunt » 25 Sep 2006 18:26

Royal Lady According to tonight's EP he not only got a ticket through the club, with help from EP, but sat in a hospitality box with Eamonn Holmes. Serves him bloddy right!

it's actually bloody* HTH

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 25 Sep 2006 18:28

I don't swear on threads. HTFH. :wink:

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 25 Sep 2006 18:33

Chris_Brunt
Royal Lady According to tonight's EP he not only got a ticket through the club, with help from EP, but sat in a hospitality box with Eamonn Holmes. Serves him bloddy right!

it's actually bloody* HTH

Bloddy stundents.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 25 Sep 2006 19:09

I presume this chap has visited his friends and familly in the UK at least once over the last 15 years and never once thought "Oh, Reading are at home to Brighton this week, I must get a ticket for that and show my support for the Royals".

Shocking that he didn't even bother comming over for the Championship winning season.

I suspect he'll be in the Evening Post again begging for a ticket to the return fixture at Old Trafford "I've already booked my air tickets and I'm a loyal fan who travelled halfway around the world to the home fixture, Everyone else has had the chance to see the Royals away against the likes of Scunthorpe and Colchester so it's only fair I should be allowed to jump on the bandwagon and see my hero's play at least one away game up in Old Trafford"

WestCoast Life
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by WestCoast Life » 25 Sep 2006 19:31

Forbury Lion I presume this chap has visited his friends and familly in the UK at least once over the last 15 years and never once thought "Oh, Reading are at home to Brighton this week, I must get a ticket for that and show my support for the Royals".

Shocking that he didn't even bother comming over for the Championship winning season.

I suspect he'll be in the Evening Post again begging for a ticket to the return fixture at Old Trafford "I've already booked my air tickets and I'm a loyal fan who travelled halfway around the world to the home fixture, Everyone else has had the chance to see the Royals away against the likes of Scunthorpe and Colchester so it's only fair I should be allowed to jump on the bandwagon and see my hero's play at least one away game up in Old Trafford"

I'm sure his new mate Eamonn will be able to get him a ticket for OT.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 25 Sep 2006 19:40

Did he have to buy a Charlton ticket too like other Loyal Royals, did he oxf*rd

Farnborough Royal

by Farnborough Royal » 25 Sep 2006 20:07

So he decides to live abroad and only try to get a ticket for the biggest game in the clubs history with no royalty points?

I never thought I would say this, but how is this RFC's fault?

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 25 Sep 2006 20:14

Man Utd fan blags his way into Madstad for game!!

top blagging.

Black Basque & Suspen

by Black Basque & Suspen » 25 Sep 2006 21:04

The 17 Bus Man Utd fan blags his way into Madstad for game!!

top blagging.

The moment he went to the EP with a sob story he was virtually guaranteed a ticket, it was inevitable that a ticket would be "found" and hey ho in a hospitality box to boot. I went to the game but many Reading based fans were not so lucky. This guy lives abroad by choice. The "finding " of a ticket for him was a kick in the nether regions for those that missed out. I wonder if he will manage a flying visit again very soon. :wink: