mydak not an unattractive bunch either.
Ivar has clearly got something the ladies like

And Kitson?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 11 Jan 2007 13:33

alad What all WAG's, or the majority of them want - media exposure.

I really can't believe that is the case with the KM and AH. Not wishing to be rude, they are more mature, feet firmly on the ground 'housewives/mothers (to be)'. Isn't KM still a teacher? - hardly the vocation for someone keen to be in the media spotlight. AH on the other hand seems primarily concerned about looking after 'her boys' correctly.

Unless they were told, I doubt anyone meeting them for the first time would dream that they are married to Premiership/International footballers.

Sir Steve vets players to make sure they have the correct personality and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he checked out their partners too! (no, not in the same way as a certain predecessor!!).

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: The footballing equivalent of a HarLOLem GLOLobetrotter..

by alad » 11 Jan 2007 17:43

starliaison

If they were running a marathon fair enough, it takes hard work and alot of will power, but arranging wine tasting, golf days etc looks to me as if they want to have a good time first and the charity comes second.

I know you are cynical about the WAGS efforts but having helped them with the Costco party and so invited to the Countess of Wessex coffee morning, I would say that they are all doing it for much better reasons than you assume - I saw none of them trying to get any media exposure and in fact they were very much in the background on Tuesday despite all the media using photos of them most.

Karen Murty and Amanda Hahneman have driven the idea and have consequently had the most exposure but neither is the traditional footballers wife and have no doubt of the reasons they are doing it - it is to use their increased profile to help others.

As to the sort of event - they have sensibly taken professional advice on the sort of event to run to make the most for the charities - sorry but golf days and wine tastings make much more presumably for the same reason you think they are attractive.

Fair enough, if they're doing it with genuine intentions then good on them. Just feel the charity events could have been chosen more carefully.

Harold

by Harold » 11 Jan 2007 18:00

I agree. Seems to me the events are picked for them do a bit of networking and further their own careers.

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by alad » 11 Jan 2007 18:37

Harold I agree. Seems to me the events are picked for them do a bit of networking and further their own careers.

A very valid point, and one only the Wag's will ever know the true answer to.

Legend

by Legend » 11 Jan 2007 18:37

starliaison

If they were running a marathon fair enough, it takes hard work and alot of will power, but arranging wine tasting, golf days etc looks to me as if they want to have a good time first and the charity comes second.

I know you are cynical about the WAGS efforts but having helped them with the Costco party and so invited to the Countess of Wessex coffee morning, I would say that they are all doing it for much better reasons than you assume - I saw none of them trying to get any media exposure and in fact they were very much in the background on Tuesday despite all the media using photos of them most.

Karen Murty and Amanda Hahneman have driven the idea and have consequently had the most exposure but neither is the traditional footballers wife and have no doubt of the reasons they are doing it - it is to use their increased profile to help others.

As to the sort of event - they have sensibly taken professional advice on the sort of event to run to make the most for the charities - sorry but golf days and wine tastings make much more presumably for the same reason you think they are attractive.

I think you are being naive, as opposed to the rest, cynical.

60k is jack shit, less than a weeks wages for 10 players.

How much have they put in ? :roll:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 11 Jan 2007 20:00

Harold I agree. Seems to me the events are picked for them do a bit of networking and further their own careers.

A career in teaching and the other as a housewife (I believe)?!

Even as wives of 'lowly Championshipship players' I am sure that they had plenty of opportunities to network and further their own careers had they really wanted to. In which case they wouldn't be doing the jobs they currently do.

Not every WAG is like the stick insect.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 11 Jan 2007 22:26

I posted my dislike of the exposure being received recently, Charity is now a business and is run like one, too often not enough donated ends up helping the disadvantaged, but is swallowed up in the costs of running a charity, not suggesting that this is the case here at all, but lets not pretend that this is being done for solely altruistic purposes.

Most people want to be someone, and these ladies now have a chance to be someone.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 12 Jan 2007 08:23

I wonder how much the cynics do for charity or others - either for purely altruistic motives or in their quest to become somebody.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 12 Jan 2007 11:48

i would imagine the club helps out with costs

i believe it was AH who made Marcus give the charity the money he was saving on not buying his keeper's top because of his sponsorship deal with Kyocera.

i think the WAGS are doing a good job, you don't se any other premiership wags doing this as they're all too busy shopping and ending up in papers

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 12 Jan 2007 11:50

They are part of what makes the Royals and what they have done special - don't knock it!

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 12 Jan 2007 13:43

What a surprise, the efforts of the wags of our team are being slagged off by supporters of, er....Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea.

:roll:

I guess the fact that they aren't spending £100K a month on designer tat, or posing for lads mags or being invited onto the latest "celebrity" TV reality programme shows that we are still a little club.

Fair play to The Royal Families, they are raising money from the community to give to local worthy causes, and I, for one, will continue to support them.

As was once said, a cynic is someone who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 12 Jan 2007 14:18

One of the things KM said last night was that by raising money for Reading based charities was partly as a "thank you" to the supporters for the backing they've given the team in going from tier 3 to tier 1..

Yes, many of us don't live in Reading, but you know what she's getting at.
Last edited by Dirk Gently on 12 Jan 2007 15:50, edited 1 time in total.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 12 Jan 2007 15:39

Mr Angry What a surprise, the efforts of the wags of our team are being slagged off by supporters of, er....Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea.

I guess the fact that they aren't spending £100K a month on designer tat, or posing for lads mags or being invited onto the latest "celebrity" TV reality programme shows that we are still a little club.

Fair play to The Royal Families, they are raising money from the community to give to local worthy causes, and I, for one, will continue to support them.

As was once said, a cynic is someone who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing.
Spot on Mr A, except for Krystall Sidwell soon to be appearing in a celebrity reality TV show! :wink:

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by alad » 12 Jan 2007 18:19

Mr Angry What a surprise, the efforts of the wags of our team are being slagged off by supporters of, er....Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea.

If you gave half of the Reading Wag's the chance they'd be half naked in NUTS like a flash.

Harold

by Harold » 12 Jan 2007 19:43

Royal Lady

Spot on Mr A, except for Krystall Sidwell soon to be appearing in a celebrity reality TV show! :wink:

so it's not a celebrity reality tv show then?

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 12 Jan 2007 20:58

Name the wives of Prem players then ppl?

Harold

by Harold » 12 Jan 2007 21:02

The 17 Bus Name the wives of Prem players then ppl?

They're not celebs either IMO.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 13 Jan 2007 10:49

mydak

not an unattractive bunch either.
Ivar has clearly got something the ladies like

£8,000.00 per week might have something to do with it.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 13 Jan 2007 12:05

On the other hand it might not! I suspect they were together some time before he became a Premiership star. He certainly wouldn't have been getting £8K a week at Brentford!