Arsenal Away - 3rd March 07- Ticket Details UPDATED

199 posts
royalsteve

by royalsteve » 25 Feb 2007 00:52

Irvinchangeyaname
Coppelled Streets May have been mentioned already, so apologies in advance, but some football clubs do a 'lucky dip' type policy on you getting an away ticket for games. I'm sure this is still the case at Leeds United.
You stick your name in the hat and you might be lucky, you might not.
Would you prefer that? I wouldn't!

Absolutely not. The ones that will be at the Emirates are the ones that have been home and away (probably), for years. Good luck to them and enjoy the game. As I said earlier, we all had the chance to buy an AST.

not true...unfortunately as predicted the AST queue jumpers, those with an AST but less than 601 points for the Arsenal tickets, will get tickets before some genuine fans. I have 629 points, should 644 (due to cock up from RFC which they STILL havent resolved in 3months!), but had to wait for some friends who didnt quite have enough points (they didnt go to the less attractive cup games despite my advice)....oh well roll on next season!

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 25 Feb 2007 09:30

Why didn't you get an AST then? How on Earth are AST holders queue jumping? Were you at Boro yesterday, 1300 or so made the journey.

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 25 Feb 2007 13:00

royalsteve
Irvinchangeyaname
Coppelled Streets May have been mentioned already, so apologies in advance, but some football clubs do a 'lucky dip' type policy on you getting an away ticket for games. I'm sure this is still the case at Leeds United.

Absolutely not. The ones that will be at the Emirates are the ones that have been home and away (probably), for years. Good luck to them and enjoy the game. As I said earlier, we all had the chance to buy an AST.

not true...unfortunately as predicted the AST queue jumpers, those with an AST but less than 601 points for the Arsenal tickets, will get tickets before some genuine fans. I have 629 points, should 644 (due to cock up from RFC which they STILL havent resolved in 3months!), but had to wait for some friends who didnt quite have enough points (they didnt go to the less attractive cup games despite my advice)....oh well roll on next season!

I have no doubt that post was written out of frustration. When you re-read it I expect you'll realise just how ridiculous it sounds. What's wrong with the club selling ASTs? What next? Should the club stop selling home season tickets as well for fear of alienating "genuine fans" who've been watching Reading forever but just can't afford to buy one? RFC is a business not a charity.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 25 Feb 2007 13:24

royalsteve
Irvinchangeyaname

So your main gripe is that you decided to wait until your friends could get tickets rather than getting one for yourself when it was patently obvious the game would sell out quickly?

Only person at fault here is yourself - if you wanted to go that badly you would have got yours when you had the chance and would definitely have got one with those points.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 25 Feb 2007 14:22

Royal Lady Having spoken to ex-hub he didn't get any arsenal tickets. He reckons he's only on 581 points which seems very low, compared to what we're on and we've only been to one or two away games that he hasn't been to. He reckons he's not got all his royalty points added, he also stated that he STILL hasn't had his STAR points added, the 10 points wouldn't have taken him over the 601 - but that's not the point, he's emailed STAR twice already - I said I'd "have a word" with my STAR connections about this for him. There could easily be others who needed the 10 points to take them to the right threshold and who still haven't had theirs added. If ex-hub discovers he should have had more points from the club than he currently has, I can see a major row brewing!

Just checked my Royalty points and seen that my STAR membership for this season still hasn't been added. Whose fault I wonder? STAR or typical maladministration on the part of the TO. e.g. I bought three tickets for Sheff Weds away last season. Bought in person, all membership cards presented at time of purchase. My son and I have points credited to our account, my daughter doesn't! How can they make such a simple thing so difficult?!

STAR TRAVEL

by STAR TRAVEL » 26 Feb 2007 19:56

RoyalBlue
Royal Lady Having spoken to ex-hub he didn't get any arsenal tickets. He reckons he's only on 581 points which seems very low, compared to what we're on and we've only been to one or two away games that he hasn't been to. He reckons he's not got all his royalty points added, he also stated that he STILL hasn't had his STAR points added, the 10 points wouldn't have taken him over the 601 - but that's not the point, he's emailed STAR twice already - I said I'd "have a word" with my STAR connections about this for him. There could easily be others who needed the 10 points to take them to the right threshold and who still haven't had theirs added. If ex-hub discovers he should have had more points from the club than he currently has, I can see a major row brewing!

Just checked my Royalty points and seen that my STAR membership for this season still hasn't been added. Whose fault I wonder? STAR or typical maladministration on the part of the TO. e.g. I bought three tickets for Sheff Weds away last season. Bought in person, all membership cards presented at time of purchase. My son and I have points credited to our account, my daughter doesn't! How can they make such a simple thing so difficult?!

I have cut and pasted this from a previous thread on the STAR section

It would be more helpful to send your queries to me at
membership@star-reading.org. I can then look at your application form, not everyone has put their rfc member number on and that is the essential requirement for Royalty points. Lists have been submitted to RFC on numerous occasions for points to be added, for those that have joined from the beginning of December the list will be passed on to RFC shortly. In order to pursue enquiries I need a little more than RG30 or The Cat to take to RFC. Although in these two cases I do know who you are so why not ask me directly rather than post on Hob Nob

I try to do many things but have not yet mastered the art of mindreading.
I have dealt with quite a few enquiries and the majority of them so far have been because we have not been given the RFC member card number, that is the authority we require. I realise that it might not apply to you Royalblue, but would appreciate the opportunity to try and sort it out directly rather than via Hob Nob. :x

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 26 Feb 2007 19:58

STAR TRAVEL I try to do many things but have not yet mastered the art of mindreading.

What exactly do we pay our STAR subscription for?

STAR TRAVEL

by STAR TRAVEL » 26 Feb 2007 20:02

shadesrwrf
STAR TRAVEL I try to do many things but have not yet mastered the art of mindreading.

What exactly do we pay our STAR subscription for?

If only you could read my mind right now. :lol:

STAR TRAVEL

by STAR TRAVEL » 26 Feb 2007 20:10

On second thoughts maybe not :wink:

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 27 Feb 2007 07:14

STAR TRAVEL for those that have joined from the beginning of December the list will be passed on to RFC shortly.

Tough shit for anyone that needed those 10 valuable points for the Arsenal game then.

STAR TRAVEL

by STAR TRAVEL » 27 Feb 2007 08:02

Rawlie19
STAR TRAVEL for those that have joined from the beginning of December the list will be passed on to RFC shortly.

Tough shit for anyone that needed those 10 valuable points for the Arsenal game then.

We never guarantee when they go on, we tell people that when they join.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 27 Feb 2007 08:34

STAR TRAVEL
Rawlie19

We never guarantee when they go on, we tell people that when they join.

Glad I haven't wasted my money on membership.

3 months is a bit of a joke really, seeing as it is one of your selling points.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 27 Feb 2007 09:33

royalsteve
Irvinchangeyaname

An AST is not a genuine fan?

Christ ...

Charles Dapper

by Charles Dapper » 27 Feb 2007 13:11

I just laughed all the way through this thread.

Firstly the main issue here is since it is Arsenal, who IMHO play some of the most attractive football in the league (esp. when taking us apart), in their shinny brand new stadium. So season ticket holders for many years, who wouldn't normally go to away games, decided to make the trip. I can fault them.

AST holders decided at the start of the season to make the commitent to pay for every away game. That includes the overpriced, Chelsea game that so many of you didn't go to because it was 2 expensive, on a bank holiday with no public transport and on TV.

I contacted the Club a couple of months ago to enquire about my STAR points and they replied that due technical issues they hadn't been processed yet. Maybe don't blame STAR but work with them or there is no point.

I was actually unable to get a ticket, since I had to wait for the 2nd day. My girlfriend (she offered) on the phone from 10am until the machine and website told her it had sold out.

Here's the good bit:

If anyone does know of a spare ticket :lol: I would be very grateful.

I personally hope that all those that go make as much noise as possible, and that's all I want to hear on MOTD.

To the lucky ones have a great day....

3 veesinarow
Hob Nob Regular

by 3 veesinarow » 27 Feb 2007 13:30

papereyes
royalsteve
Irvinchangeyaname

Christ ...

My sentiment exactly.

Show me one person,just one, who has "queue-jumped" by buying an AST, travelled to every other away game, including Newcastle on a Wednesday in December and Boro' last Saturday and has done so solely in order to get tickets for the Emirates.

Please, for the love of God, someone tell me what a "genuine" fan actually is. The three of us are spending money beyond our means in order to follow the team home and away this year. We have between 677 & 706 points which would probably get us tickets for almost all the games without too many problems, but committed to an AST each in order to guarantee attendance at ALL games, not just the "unattractive" smaller clubs.

To me, it's this one-eyed-it's-not-fair-I'm-more-deserving-than-anyone-else attitude that annoys me most. Make whatever effort you want to make to attend a game, but don't complain when your circumstances don't fit the situation, NOT the other way round.
And, FFS, stop trying to second-guess and assume you know what everyone else's position is - YOU DON'T.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 28 Feb 2007 00:51

looking forward to Saturday :D

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 28 Feb 2007 01:13

3 veesinarow
papereyes
royalsteve
Irvinchangeyaname

Christ ...

My sentiment exactly.

Show me one person,just one, who has "queue-jumped" by buying an AST, travelled to every other away game, including Newcastle on a Wednesday in December and Boro' last Saturday and has done so solely in order to get tickets for the Emirates.

Please, for the love of God, someone tell me what a "genuine" fan actually is. The three of us are spending money beyond our means in order to follow the team home and away this year. We have between 677 & 706 points which would probably get us tickets for almost all the games without too many problems, but committed to an AST each in order to guarantee attendance at ALL games, not just the "unattractive" smaller clubs.

To me, it's this one-eyed-it's-not-fair-I'm-more-deserving-than-anyone-else attitude that annoys me most. Make whatever effort you want to make to attend a game, but don't complain when your circumstances don't fit the situation, NOT the other way round.
And, FFS, stop trying to second-guess and assume you know what everyone else's position is - YOU DON'T.

Spot on for me

Adrian's Fool

by Adrian's Fool » 07 Mar 2007 14:32

Can anyone recall how many points you needed for Arsenal on the 3rd day of ticket sales (Wednesday)? I ask because I thought it was 560 or 561 and I know I had enough points on that day to buy a ticket ... but now it seems I only have 545!

And, yes, I have read this thread in vain to find the answer and, yes, it was quite a dull read.

I could be having a spaz attack, please tell me if I am.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 07 Mar 2007 14:50

Adrian's Fool Can anyone recall how many points you needed for Arsenal on the 3rd day of ticket sales (Wednesday)? I ask because I thought it was 560 or 561 and I know I had enough points on that day to buy a ticket ... but now it seems I only have 545!

And, yes, I have read this thread in vain to find the answer and, yes, it was quite a dull read.

I could be having a spaz attack, please tell me if I am.

If it was the same bands as the Liverpool game, 520+:

SWLR
Rawlie19 Yes, by 4pm day 3, which if I remember was about 450?

No it was a 520+ day

199 posts