Blackburn Away?

192 posts
papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 23 Apr 2007 11:18

M4 Junction 11
rovers.co.uk Mark Hughes' side take on Steve Coppell's Reading at Ewood Park on the final day of the season on Sunday May 13th with both sides in the hunt for a coveted European spot.

I didn't really see them as a contender. A game in hand but only 44 points with Charlton home, Newcastle away, Spurs away and then Reading to play.

STAR travel to Blackburn thread

In one of the Saturday papers, our hopes of a European spot were failing but Villa and Blackburn both had good chances of clinching the final UEFA cup spot.

Which got a :?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 23 Apr 2007 12:40

It is a long old way - i am stopping over in St Helens - and its 45 mins from there!!

M U R T Y

by M U R T Y » 23 Apr 2007 12:48

http://www.rovers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10303~1015031,00.html?ptvParm=
[/url]

Not happy about blackburn fans beig charged £15, but us £25. Same game of football!!

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 23 Apr 2007 14:11

M U R T Y http://www.rovers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10303~1015031,00.html?ptvParm=
[/url]

Not happy about blackburn fans beig charged £15, but us £25. Same game of football!!

it does say 'from £15' - but from below we should be charged £20. STAR, time to act.

http://www.rovers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/ ... 03,00.html

biscuitsrus

by biscuitsrus » 23 Apr 2007 14:55

SWLR
M U R T Y http://www.rovers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10303~1015031,00.html?ptvParm=
[/url]

it does say 'from £15' - but from below we should be charged £20. STAR, time to act.

http://www.rovers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/ ... 03,00.html

Isn't that for 07/08 season when they are reducing prices?

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 23 Apr 2007 16:09

Correct which was stated earlier on this thread if anyone bothered to read it

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 24 Apr 2007 11:04

Moving into day 2 (and those on 681 Points or more) anyone know how well the tickets are selling?

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 24 Apr 2007 11:08

Ticket prices for our game against Blacburn in the home ends are as follows :

CIS E04 Outer - £15
CIS E01 Outer & E04 Inner - £20
CIS - £25
CIS uncovered - £20
Walkersteel Family Stand - £25
Walkersteel Blackburn End - £25
Jack Walker Lower W01 Outer - £15
Jack Walker Lower W01 - £20
Jack Walker Lower W06 - £25
Jack Walker Upper W12 & W07 - £28
Jack Walker Lower Centre £29
Jack Walker Upper Centre £32

The Walkersteel Blackburn End is the equivalent of the away end and is the same price as our tickets

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 24 Apr 2007 13:56

In terms of travel, has anyone considered the minibus option? May be a better alternative to rubbish trains / non drinking STAR coaches.

You can get a 17 seater for £250 for 2 days, plus say £100 petrol and you'd be looking at about £20 each. Maybe pay a bit more (e.g. £25 each) and say the 2 drivers go free, so then everyone else can drink...

Obviously the more people up for it the cheaper it gets.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 24 Apr 2007 13:59

Seal In terms of travel, has anyone considered the minibus option? May be a better alternative to rubbish trains / non drinking STAR coaches.

You can get a 17 seater for £250 for 2 days, plus say £100 petrol and you'd be looking at about £20 each. Maybe pay a bit more (e.g. £25 each) and say the 2 drivers go free, so then everyone else can drink...

still supposed to be non drinking tho.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 Apr 2007 14:23

The 17 Bus
Seal In terms of travel, has anyone considered the minibus option? May be a better alternative to rubbish trains / non drinking STAR coaches.

Yep, so the drivers could get in deep crap if they've got 15 very drunk people in the bus and they are pulled over - which is a bigger risk if it's clear you're going to a football match.

Add that to the fact the probably damages caused by a drunken rabble that may have to be covered and it doesn't become the cheap option.

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 24 Apr 2007 14:29

Stranded
The 17 Bus

Yep, so the drivers could get in deep crap if they've got 15 very drunk people in the bus and they are pulled over - which is a bigger risk if it's clear you're going to a football match.

Add that to the fact the probably damages caused by a drunken rabble that may have to be covered and it doesn't become the cheap option.

Jesus talk about half empty! Remind me not to invite you to a party!

Done it before to matches / festivals without any bother, and I wasn't suggesting everyone will get completely wazzocked, but just have a few looseners on the way to the game.

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 24 Apr 2007 14:50

We are probably going for this option. The cheapest quote I have so far is for 136 quid. Works out at about 8 quid each split between 17 people.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 24 Apr 2007 14:53

Seal [

Done it before to matches / festivals without any bother, and I wasn't suggesting everyone will get completely wazzocked, but just have a few looseners on the way to the game.

You missed the story in the EP earlier this week then ?

Coach full of Everton fans came down for the game and stopped at the PofW. Police took a look in the coach and found beer cans and spirit bottles. The hirer of the coach has been convicted and fined.
It is a criminal offence to have alcohol on a motor vehicle travelling to a sporting event (which means football as I can;t se them doing anyone on the way to Henley or Ascot !).
Of course loads of people do it, but you are a prime target to be pulled over by the police and they WILL prosecute.

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 24 Apr 2007 16:19

Behindu
Seal [

You missed the story in the EP earlier this week then ?

Coach full of Everton fans came down for the game and stopped at the PofW. Police took a look in the coach and found beer cans and spirit bottles. The hirer of the coach has been convicted and fined.
It is a criminal offence to have alcohol on a motor vehicle travelling to a sporting event (which means football as I can;t se them doing anyone on the way to Henley or Ascot !).
Of course loads of people do it, but you are a prime target to be pulled over by the police and they WILL prosecute.

I don't live in Reading so tend to miss the big EP exclusives...

Anyway, we've slightly missed the point here. Regardless of the drinking factor, a minibus looks like financially the best way to reach Blackburn if nothing else, for the independent non STAR travelling punter.

As I say, I've never had a problem drinking in a minibus, but if it's going to cause a problem we can just stop at a few pubs along the way instead!

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 24 Apr 2007 17:20

Seal As I say, I've never had a problem drinking in a minibus, but if it's going to cause a problem we can just stop at a few pubs along the way instead!

Just make sure it's not hired in your name and you'll have no worries !

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 24 Apr 2007 17:38

Behindu
Seal As I say, I've never had a problem drinking in a minibus, but if it's going to cause a problem we can just stop at a few pubs along the way instead!

Just make sure it's not hired in your name and you'll have no worries !

its the driver of the vehicle that gets done for the drinking on board, the police may also do the lease holder but i am not sure.

The police regard the driver as responsible for the vehicle and its use

if you are have people drink on board don't give the police an excuse to stop you .. flags draped out the windows , banging on the windows, moonies at other cars etc etc

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 24 Apr 2007 19:50

weybridgewanderer its the driver of the vehicle that gets done for the drinking on board, the police may also do the lease holder but i am not sure.

if you are have people drink on board don't give the police an excuse to stop you .. flags draped out the windows , banging on the windows, moonies at other cars etc etc

I don't think you are correct....

Certainly on the STAR coaches it would be the driver AND the steward who would be in trouble. In the specific Everton case the person who was done was the person who hired the coach, who may also havebeen the driver, but he was proscuted as the hirer.

Blue Heart

by Blue Heart » 24 Apr 2007 23:18

Behindu
weybridgewanderer its the driver of the vehicle that gets done for the drinking on board, the police may also do the lease holder but i am not sure.

I don't think you are correct....

Certainly on the STAR coaches it would be the driver AND the steward who would be in trouble. In the specific Everton case the person who was done was the person who hired the coach, who may also havebeen the driver, but he was proscuted as the hirer.

The Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol etc.) Act 1985 prevents:-

drunken entry into a football ground (which, in practice, to be an arrestable offence includes disorderly behaviour);
the consumption of alcohol within view of the playing area including, during the restricted period (15 minutes before the start of the event to 15 minutes after the end of the event), rooms within the ground from which the event may be directly viewed;
the consumption of alcohol on certain coaches, trains and motor vehicles travelling to a designated football match;
the possession of fireworks or flares.

The Act applies to the following sporting events:-

Association football matches in which one or both of the participating teams represents a club which is for the time being a member (whether a full or associate member) of the Football League, the Football Association Premier League, the Football Conference National Division, the Scottish Football League or Welsh Premier League, or represents a country or territory.
Association football matches in competition the Football association Cup (other than in the preliminary or qualifying round).

The Driver, The Steward, The Coach Hirer and even the Coach Operator can be prosecuted for allowing the transporting/ consuming of alcohol on board a coach to a designated football game.

It is also worth noting that the driver of a mini bus carrying Reading Fans to an away game this year found himself in trouble with the law, because his passengers disembarked from the mini bus carrying the evidence right under the noses of the local constabulary. :shock:

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 25 Apr 2007 00:59

I think the tip here is to get enougth booze for the journey up, disposing of the empties before getting near the ground. Then a refill for the journey home.

Or just hide the beer and park somewhere the police won't be hassling you

192 posts