New addition to the East Stand

GAZ80

by GAZ80 » 02 May 2007 00:27

Volvicanus Segregated from everyone else? Not generally - and we aren't.

Just from the idiots that can't actually make themselves sit in their seat for the duration of the game, decide to leave early, and then decide that the disabled section in the place they have a right to 'stop off' in as they wonder if anything else exciting is going to happen on the pitch. If you're going to leave then leave.
What's the lyrics to that old song..."whatever you want...you pay your money you take your choice"?

Just because accessibility is a problem so you leave the ground 45 minutes after everyone else (delayed due to these barriers you appear to be so in favour of), doesn't mean you should be so blinkered in your opinions.

And I too am worried by why disabled fans are shouting one minute that they should be included yet the next are happy for a barrier to be installed which segregates them further.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 02 May 2007 00:52

I am a wheelchair user in that section and we had NO idea about these barriers until last night. We were told it was a trial by one of the stewards but a trial for what? No one had ever complained about people standing in that area at the end of games, it did not bother me as long as my view is not obstructed. For something that was a trial it seems an awful waste of money and it also prevents my friends from the seated areas coming to have a chat at half time. Another case of the club doing something without consulting the people it affects first.

GAZ80

by GAZ80 » 02 May 2007 01:24

Jackson Corner I am a wheelchair user in that section and we had NO idea about these barriers until last night. We were told it was a trial by one of the stewards but a trial for what? No one had ever complained about people standing in that area at the end of games, it did not bother me as long as my view is not obstructed. For something that was a trial it seems an awful waste of money and it also prevents my friends from the seated areas coming to have a chat at half time. Another case of the club doing something without consulting the people it affects first.
Are you a member of STAR? I'm considering writing to them to do my complaining to the club for me.

Failing that, I'll probably go straight to Clive Doyle - or is there a designated fire marshall to address my issue to?

Volvicanus
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Volvicanus » 02 May 2007 01:25

GAZ80
Volvicanus Segregated from everyone else? Not generally - and we aren't.

Just from the idiots that can't actually make themselves sit in their seat for the duration of the game, decide to leave early, and then decide that the disabled section in the place they have a right to 'stop off' in as they wonder if anything else exciting is going to happen on the pitch. If you're going to leave then leave.
What's the lyrics to that old song..."whatever you want...you pay your money you take your choice"?

Just because accessibility is a problem so you leave the ground 45 minutes after everyone else (delayed due to these barriers you appear to be so in favour of), doesn't mean you should be so blinkered in your opinions.

And I too am worried by why disabled fans are shouting one minute that they should be included yet the next are happy for a barrier to be installed which segregates them further.

I have no idea what you are on about here.

I don't see the problem. It's not a waiting area. It's not a place for people to stand when and if they want to. It's the area for the disabled people to exit from and for the staff (of which there are many that traverse) to use. And the sad fact is that when one person decides that they want to stand there during the last 5 or 10 minutes of the game, then another 20 or so do as well. It then becomes a clear access problem. I personally find it annoying - others like Jackson don't seem to mind. But I fully support the club in doing something about it.

GAZ80

by GAZ80 » 02 May 2007 01:55

On what grounds is it an access problem? If access is that bad then there shouldn't be any stewards in the vicinity IMO :?

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 02 May 2007 07:23

GAZ80 Are you a member of STAR? I'm considering writing to them to do my complaining to the club for me.

Failing that, I'll probably go straight to Clive Doyle - or is there a designated fire marshall to address my issue to?

You'll have to work out what you complaint is first as there doesn;t seem to be anything in what you said that justifies a complaint...

There are fire marshalls and they would have been involved in putting the barriers in place.

I don;t think Clive would be interested, it's more a Stadium Manager issue but again unless you have a genuine complaint that goes beyond 'I want to use the disabled areas as a short cut and now I can;t' then what do you expect anyone to say ?

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 02 May 2007 07:32

GAZ80 On what grounds is it an access problem? If access is that bad then there shouldn't be any stewards in the vicinity IMO :?

What's your disability GAZ?

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 02 May 2007 12:06

I'm surprised you can't work it out shades

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 02 May 2007 18:37

Silver Fox I'm surprised you can't work it out shades

I was giving him the benefit of the doubt.